Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can't wait to see who HC Wilcox brings in as his OC.

I can't imagine Wilcox mismanaging this game any worse. #shortkick #minutetogo #threetimeouts #greatidea

Comments

• Yea this is year five. I mean even year one you can maybe chalk it up as "learning on the job" but that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Still making bonehead in game decisions, special teams still sucks, still making a ton of dumb penalties.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Fast and free baby ... fast and free
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Fast and free baby ... fast and free

it's all good
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

I can't imagine Wilcox mismanaging this game any worse. #shortkick #minutetogo #threetimeouts #greatidea

#fucktardedcoach
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    No joke, I'm almost ready to jump on the #FireSarkHireWilcox bandwagon. Dude would be a beast with a real OC.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    You know who else was a great DC for UW?

dnc said:

Not the same thing at all, for at least a couple of reasons.

1) Wilcox isn't a career assistant. He's clearly going to be a HC for someone.

2) Wilcox doesn't have all his experience at one school and under one HC. Lambo, much like Sark, only really knew one way of doing things, he didn't have exposure to multiple coaching philosophies, or have an established coaching network. Wilcox has all those things (and success at multiple stops).

3) Wilcox has proven that talented coaches want to work for him.

There's no guarantees that Wilcox will be a successful HC, but I'd honestly be very surprised if he's not. He has all the makings. He's not Sark, Lambo or Gilby.

I actually agree with you. I'd just like to see UW hire someone who has actually proven to be a good HC next time.
    dnc said:

I'd also add, the last time Whiskey was advocating hiring a coordinator as HC, it was Chip Kelly.

Whiskey can spot coaching talent. It's a damn shame he's not our AD.

Fuck, now I have to admit I was wrong.
    Never mind. Wilcox's defense just got plungered on that drive.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174

dnc said:

2) Wilcox doesn't have all his experience at one school and under one HC. Lambo, much like Sark, only really knew one way of doing things, he didn't have exposure to multiple coaching philosophies, or have an established coaching network. Wilcox has all those things (and success at multiple stops).

There's no guarantees that Wilcox will be a successful HC, but I'd honestly be very surprised if he's not. He has all the makings. He's not Sark, Lambo or Gilby.

I actually agree with you. I'd just like to see UW hire someone who has actually proven to be a good HC next time.
    Exactly. I really think Wilcox will be a good HC. After so many blunders I just hate to take chances though. We need someone who won't spend five years learning (or not) on the job.
  • Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

Exactly. I really think Wilcox will be a good HC. After so many blunders I just hate to take chances though. We need someone who won't spend five years learning (or not) on the job.
    I'm a fan of Wilcox and wouldn't mind hiring him if he becomes a successful coach at the MWC or WAC.

I want a guy who has a defensive background and was a successful coordinator. I also want that coach to be a proven successful head coach as well.

Like the Fresno State head coach who I pointed out at the start of the year who IrishDoogFS mocked me for is the type of coach I'd really want.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    Wilcocks is a duck you dumbfucks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

and?

• WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406

And Martin Stadium is named after a Husky. #dickbaird
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    dnc said:

and?

I don't know. I just wanted to be sardonic ... I know - cool word choice right?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Its not just Wilcox...he has a great staff of assistants. Tosh is a great recruiter and many of his DL at Cal went to the NFL. Sirmon and Heyward are future DC's.

I was mocked before the season when I said Wilcocks would build a top 10 D here.

Its not just Wilcox...he has a great staff of assistants. Tosh is a great recruiter and many of his DL at Cal went to the NFL. Sirmon and Heyward are future DC's.

I was mocked before the season when I said Wilcocks would build a top 10 D here.

Still need to let it play out, but I'll acknowledge you could be right.