Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I don't normally...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
...spend as much time sucking SEC cock as some of you fags, but I gotta admit their Week One opponents put all other conferences to shame: USC, Clempsin, UCLA, FSU, Wisco, and North Carolina.

I'm categorically against ever playing FCS teams. Ever. Bright line rule. But even App State is about as legit as an FCS opponent gets -- Michigan.

Comments

• Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

...spend as much time sucking SEC cock as some of you fags, but I gotta admit their Week One opponents put all other conferences to shame: USC, Clempsin, UCLA, FSU, Wisco, and North Carolina.

I'm categorically against ever playing FCS teams. Ever. Bright line rule. But even App State is about as legit as an FCS opponent gets -- Michigan.

SEC non conference scheduling formula:

1. Solid to strong first game opponent or rivalry game opponent
    2 and 3. Shit FBS opponents
    4. Shit FCS opponent

There's usually a school or two who skips 1 (Mississippi State, Vandy, Arky maybe), but for the most part, that's what it's going to look like.
    Which is how it should be. What's interesting to me is how the CFP effects scheduling. The consensus was that it would force teams to schedule tougher non-conference games, but if we? go 13-0 there's not a chance in hell the committee keeps us out. Beating a shit team is still better than losing to a good team in terms of playoff chances.
  • Options
    WDWHAWDWHA Member Posts: 100
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

But even App State is about as legit as an FCS opponent gets -- Michigan.

They were FCS when they beat Michigan. They're now D1/FBS.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    WDWHA said:

TTJ said:

But even App State is about as legit as an FCS opponent gets -- Michigan.

They were FCS when they beat Michigan. They're now D1/FBS.

@puppylove_sugarsteel true????
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They don't play anyone.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

TTJ said:

SEC non conference scheduling formula:

1. Solid to strong first game opponent or rivalry game opponent
    2 and 3. Shit FBS opponents
    4. Shit FCS opponent

There's usually a school or two who skips 1 (Mississippi State, Vandy, Arky maybe), but for the most part, that's what it's going to look like.
    Which is how it should be. What's interesting to me is how the CFP effects scheduling. The consensus was that it would force teams to schedule tougher non-conference games, but if we? go 13-0 there's not a chance in hell the committee keeps us out. Beating a shit team is still better than losing to a good team in terms of playoff chances.
    It forces you to schedule tough games if you're serious about making it every year. Yeah anyone from a power conference could go undefeated and make it but real schools want to be able to make it with 1 or 2 losses. And UW ain't making it with 1 loss.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The ACC did not overtake the SEC this weekend. The two top dogs in the ACC won over SEC teams but the middle stayed SEC. Georgia beat North Carolina

Today there are 6 teams playing for 4 spots. Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, Bama and Stanford

It doesn't look like a 2nd SEC team is there. Stanford plays Notre Dame which is enough if they win the PAC with one loss
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    One of the key components of SEC! scheduling is breaking up the conference schedule with some cupcakes. It makes recovery from the conference grind easier. Pac-12 doesn't really do that. Our mid/late-season non-con is usually just Notre Dame.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TTJ said:

Ape State is FBS now.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The ACC did not overtake the SEC this weekend. The two top dogs in the ACC won over SEC teams but the middle stayed SEC. Georgia beat North Carolina

Today there are 6 teams playing for 4 spots. Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, Bama and Stanford

It doesn't look like a 2nd SEC team is there. Stanford plays Notre Dame which is enough if they win the PAC with one loss

Way too early to tell. No one is in "mid season form" yet. It is likely there will be a surprise or two along the way. Teams highly ranked in the first few weeks often suffer a loss along the way, when that happens and to whom determines how the field is affected.

Last year, the preseason rankings were: 1. Ohio State, 2. TCU, 3. Alabama, 4. Baylor. Week 1: 1. Ohio State, 2. Alabama, 3. TCU, 4. Baylor. The playoffs were Clemson vs Oklahoma and Alabama vs Michigan State. Obvious case of LIPO, except for maybe our Tide.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TTJ said:

Ape State is FBS now.
    J, Race, Boobs..too bad you cant jump on wagon. Remember, Pete cant coach. He should get shitcanned Remember? Funny Billy and Pup only guys that praised pete from day 1. Ill take my bow