Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

You guys are fags.

Best delivery on this thread so far.

Lets not cyber in the middle of the store fellas.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I prefer you telling me to fuck off rather than regurgitate that old chestnut.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I will side with whoever can get Jen to flash her tits.

Otherwise, IDNGAF.

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
    So are you for tits or against them?

Abundance?
    Our friend @TommySQC was wasted and made a drunk post on another forum that just said "tierbs hsot boobs" shortly before this forum was created.

It just seemed like a natural fit for my annoyance.
    FREE PUB
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,596 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of free pub for PGOS in this thread. Makes one THINK and CARE.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    I don't HATE pgos!!!!!!1
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

- a place of CHINTELLIGENT analysis where CHINTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome -

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I support PGOS
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Attitude reflects leadership, maaaaaan.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread delivers so, so, so much. <3
    koopdog said:

This thread delivers so, so, so much. <3</p>

Interesting pov. The issue is, I am not sure this site isn't already the legitimate voice of Husky Football. I mean, ultimately DJ will determine where this goes, as it is his site. But, look at the content here. MUCH better than anything Roof or the tard crew at Doogfarm ever puts together.

Ramblings > Meanderings
    DFI > Thoughts from the Weekend
    Fearless Friday Forecasts > Doogfestival weekly picks
    DJ's articles with quotes from REAL Husky Legends > Boy stalking Ektard lies

Also, I am pretty sure the AD SHOULD be tuning into this site. DJ will never say how many active (once a week types) posters and lurkers we have here, but it is a ton. Sure, 10 or so dominate the conversation, but I bet you ten times that many read it all the time (HI KIM). And, perhaps most importantly, why would the AD need to monitor a site like Doogfarm? It's a rainbow circle jerk Sark is great unicorn fart land over there.

However, here, you have people like me, who used to give thousands per year to the AD, and have not gone to one game, bought one shirt, or sent one dime in donation to the AD since 2007. And look, I am not some big wallet type at all, but I still used to contribute, as much as I could afford, because Husky Football was SUPER important to me. I am not the only one here who used to contribute and no longer does. The AD should be all over this site, because it IS the target audience they are trying to woo back - Scott, if you are reading this, knock off the in game theatrics, light whoever started the Crazy larry ad campaign on fire, and get a real coaching staff, and I will begin sending my steady stream of donations again.

You are correct, the over the top nature of this site will deter a segment of the fanbase. However, sometimes mockery is the best medicine, and this stuff needs to be said. Other than Softy's FB page, and the Times comments section, where can you go to see the people who are sick and fuckign tired of losing or being mediocre? Well, here. So, if you are here, then take the good with the bad, contribute or lurk, but realize this won't be happy unicorn land until we start winning, and I will not stop posting picture of hot chicks with tats until I can replace those with a real Coach hoisting a Rose Bowl trophy.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,896 Standard Supporter
    Cool, Grundle. Now, pull my finger.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    I've never called anyone a POS except Fatters, Griswold and Ektard! Does that count?

Cool, Grundle. Now, pull my finger.

MAy e we need a special higher discussion board and a lower insult board.

I've never called anyone a POS except Fatters, Griswold and Ektard! Does that count?

the "middle of store",'75k' bullshit has to stop. Does everyone here live in a fucking cattle heard? You guys are a bunch of nerdy bastatages. 75k, hee hee. bunch of dorks around here. Not much different than kimmy
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

the "middle of store",'75k' bullshit has to stop. Does everyone here live in a fucking cattle heard? You guys are a bunch of nerdy bastatages. 75k, hee hee. bunch of dorks around here. Not much different than kimmy
    Huh?

Huh?
    Can't wait for the next poast about this bored's circle jerk.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,685 Founders Club

Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

I thought the main reason people came here was for the taint licking stories - no?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,577 Founders Club
    I was a bit harsh with PGOS

Otherwise, IDNGAF.

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.

Abundance?
    Our friend @TommySQC was wasted and made a drunk post on another forum that just said "tierbs hsot boobs" shortly before this forum was created.

That's actually not what happened. I invented that phrase while imitating TommySQC drunk posting. Sven ran with it.

I was a bit harsh with PGOS

Otherwise, IDNGAF.

Abundance?

That's actually not what happened. I invented that phrase while imitating TommySQC drunk posting. Sven ran with it.
    Well, here's the thing. For it to be unscripted and unfiltered, we must allow 99% of what transpires to remain without deleting or banning. People here can post about virtually anything they like. In 11 months I've deleted less than 10 posts.

Overall I love the jokes and barbs, but there are some things that I find juvenile, distasteful or worn out. I read some of these threads and we're hammering the same points over and over and it can get monotonous, especially if you're not getting the humor.

Recently I was concerned about the overall content of the boards. I asked a friend about it, who has many more years of message board experience than I do. He said that a football message board is always going to reflect how the season is going. And he's right. If we hadn't screwed the pooch against Stanford, and/or had beaten Oregon, do you think the tone on here would be bitter and negative? No it wouldn't. As Race Bannon said in his podcast, we would be changing our handles and doogin' it up right now.

You and I see the world very differently, and yet we both have major issues with Sark. And that's the whole point: This is an unfiltered board and it is reflecting the season and people's current thoughts.

If anybody wants to come post football topics, there are plenty people here who will discuss them. But our board isn't for everybody, especially those easily offended.

Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

I thought the main reason people came here was for the taint licking stories - no?
    There's nothing intelligent to discuss about Husky football.

Hope this helps.