Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spurs - Warriors

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Preview of the NBA Finals on NBATV. Warriors up 18 in the 3rd. I've been on the Spurs bandwagon, but GS is too good.

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Everybody talking about the Warriors. Everybody love it.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pops should be fired after this embarrassment. I heard it's the thing to do.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Do people actually watch the NBA regular season?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Citing connectedness issues, Popovich has been relieved as head coach of the spurs. He's been replaced immediately by Bruce Bowen who looks forward to running a more uptempo attack to keep up with Warriors. "We will run, we will jump, and we will drop N-bombs in the locker room once again".

When team leader Tim Duncan was asked how he felt he replied "Bout time N****" Then dabbed and limped off the court.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

You missed out bro, Curry is on a higher plane this season.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll wait until Tequila writes another book on a January NBA game
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

You missed out bro, Curry is on a higher plane this season.
    Which one? ;)))))
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Spurs are too big/slow to guard Golden State when they go to a 5 perimeter based attack.

The people making a big deal about Timmy not playing don't get it ... Timmy's not going to make THAT big of a difference against Golden State.

Spurs got waxed off the court and really struggle to matchup with the Warriors. Simple truth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Spurs are too big/slow to guard Golden State when they go to a 5 perimeter based attack.

The people making a big deal about Timmy not playing don't get it ... Timmy's not going to make THAT big of a difference against Golden State.

Spurs got waxed off the court and really struggle to matchup with the Warriors. Simple truth.
    That is what it looked like. We'll see though. The Spurs will adjust. I still doubt it will be an easy series in May/June.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Warriors are about 3 levels higher than anyone else now in Jan. But that level of play isn't sustained forever. Come May and June the difference won't be as pronounced between GS and other contenders. Barring injuries to key players, they repeat. But not in 30-40 pt laughers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Curry is going back to back MVP and champion.

He's the best player in the NBA. You pick him first over Lebron. I've never seen anything like him and what his team is doing.

This isn't like the Hawks last year. That was unsustainable and they were exposed in the playoff.

This has a chance to be the most dominant stretch since the 90's Bulls. Which means the Curry or Jordan talk will take over shortly.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Spurs have also owned this same Warriors team the past three years, last night not included.

I think beyond Duncan's absence, Pop didn't really mind losing that game and getting plungered.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Spurs have also owned this same Warriors team the past three years, last night not included.

I think beyond Duncan's absence, Pop didn't really mind losing that game and getting plungered.
    True, but the Warriors are all entering their primes and SA is sliding off the back end of it. They are still an incredible team and Leonard is a superstar, but not one serious contributor for the Warriors is over the hill. Maybe Livingston.

It's an incredibly assembled unit that has 4 years of prime play left on it at least.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

True, but the Warriors are all entering their primes and SA is sliding off the back end of it. They are still an incredible team and Leonard is a superstar, but not one serious contributor for the Warriors is over the hill. Maybe Livingston.

It's an incredibly assembled unit that has 4 years of prime play left on it at least.
    Iggy. And Bogut only has a few years left. What makes it impressive for me is that the Spurs have been dominant this year largely without Duncan and Ginobili at full strength, with a team that's arguably stronger than the one that beat Miami. Yet they still got roasted.

Curry is at early 2000s Kobe right now, with the chance to get in the conversation with Jordan if he keeps this up for 4-5 more years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Green is the guy that makes the Warriors go
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Iggy. And Bogut only has a few years left. What makes it impressive for me is that the Spurs have been dominant this year largely without Duncan and Ginobili at full strength, with a team that's arguably stronger than the one that beat Miami. Yet they still got roasted.

Curry is at early 2000s Kobe right now, with the chance to get in the conversation with Jordan if he keeps this up for 4-5 more years.
    Offensively Curry is just on an obscene level and i'm not sure there is a comparison for how he's scoring and dominating the game right now. That being said, he doesn't have the same game defensively that jordan or kobe did in their prime.

Still a pleasure to watch his highlights.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Offensively Curry is just on an obscene level and i'm not sure there is a comparison for how he's scoring and dominating the game right now. That being said, he doesn't have the same game defensively that jordan or kobe did in their prime.

Still a pleasure to watch his highlights.
    this. I don't want to go all Steph Sucks because he doesn't. The best guy to watch today hands down. A great great player.

Does he carry the Warriors and can he carry a team to the Finals? Who knows, the thing that is so great about the Warriors is they are a team.

If you traded Green for Love who would be favored? I don't deal in hypotheticals
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The thing that I enjoy the most about the Warriors right now is that each player knows how they can make the machine roll, they accept what their job is, and they go out and execute that job at the highest level.

Curry can't do the things he does if he has to play defense on the other end against the best PGs of other teams. Green isn't anywhere close to as good as he is offensively without a guy like Curry that can command double teams 35 feet away from the basket allowing him to essentially run a 4 on 3 break on command. The 4 on 3 doesn't work if you don't have guys like Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes in the corners able to spot up and/or slash as needed. Their strength defensively doesn't happen without Bogut and Ezili defending the paint and Iggy coming in off the bench to shut down any wing player that thinks he's going to have a good night.

No question that they have great players. But when you get great players playing as a team ... you get this kind of result.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The thing that I enjoy the most about the Warriors right now is that each player knows how they can make the machine roll, they accept what their job is, and they go out and execute that job at the highest level.

Curry can't do the things he does if he has to play defense on the other end against the best PGs of other teams. Green isn't anywhere close to as good as he is offensively without a guy like Curry that can command double teams 35 feet away from the basket allowing him to essentially run a 4 on 3 break on command. The 4 on 3 doesn't work if you don't have guys like Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes in the corners able to spot up and/or slash as needed. Their strength defensively doesn't happen without Bogut and Ezili defending the paint and Iggy coming in off the bench to shut down any wing player that thinks he's going to have a good night.

No question that they have great players. But when you get great players playing as a team ... you get this kind of result.

A "team" in 2016? How is that possible?