Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The thing that always kills me moast about this bored

2»

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Is it still cool if we talk about Armenian genocide?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Is it still cool if we talk about Armenian genocide?

The Turks had t-shirts made that say: Finish!
    Sark's great grandpa brought a live Turk in a cage to practice. Guess it didn't work.
    Then Sark ate the Turk for Thanksgiving
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Dardanus said:

I like that the rule states, "No calls for genocide, etc."

The etcetera broadens the definition to include similar acts, but keeps the language concise. Take notes, Tequilla.

Look, I know we all want to see mass genocide, but like Petersen has said, it's hard. He's absolutely right about that. We don't have the talent at WR to execute a mass genocide. They kind of handcuff Petersen and Smith's game plan. I know some will disagree with me. That's fine. It won't be the last time I post something controversial. My hope is that even those that don't agree with me will think and care.

How do I not see the point when I stated that Woodward was going to be asked to talk about how drunk Sark was at the UW, why UW didn't do more to curtail the problem, and what help did they offer him? Sure seems to me that I acknowledged that Woodward was going to a) be on record and b) answer for what happened at UW. To say that he looked the other way is pure conjecture at this point because we don't know what was or was not done by the Athletic Department other than they didn't seem to go out of their way to keep Sark when Pat Haden came calling.

None of this matters anyway because this case will likely never get to court and Woodward will likely never be asked to testify. Best case is that he's asked to give a deposition ... which since the court will never be part of public record and the deposition will never be entered into such as evidence will never be available for public consumption unless leaked.

If this goes to trial then good chance that Woodward will have to answer on the record. But the odds of this are lower than the odds that Ektard gets a recruiting scoop right.

If I'm being honest, the part that bothers me here is the sense that we'll get to play "gotcha" on Woodward ... who cares? Seriously ... who cares? Lots of things happen behind closed doors that aren't anybody's business and on a need to know basis. One of the biggest problems I have with society right now is that everybody thinks that they are entitled to be all up into everybody's business. They aren't. We didn't pay a severance package to Sark. There doesn't appear to be any material misappropriation of funds. The on field performance wasn't such where you could argue that we weren't getting what we were paying for other than maybe it influenced a win or two a year at most. I get that Sark made millions. I get that Woodward makes a healthy chunk of change. But these kinds of situations happen all the time every single day around the world where C-levels, Presidents, VPs, etc. "resign" and given significant parachute packages to go away and remain quiet. In my general experience, those that complain the most about this are often those that don't understand why those packages are given whether it be for the institutional secrets that are known by those parties, risk of lawsuits, etc. Agreements are signed to maintain confidentiality and many times those individuals have non-compete agreements in place that protect the current employer. No question that sometimes these situations can get abused. But at the same time, when talking about people at these levels, those agreements require approval from an oversight committee, etc. The reality is that when you're running a detailed organization, which the UW AD is, there's plenty of different considerations that you have to make and balancing priorities and sometimes the lesser of two evils is the hand that you're played.

There's plenty of things to give Woody shit that are well within his control and reasonable to expect the UW AD to do better on. I'm not sure questioning how he handled the Sark situation is one of those. This is the kind of shit sandwich that nobody wants to handle and handling it is one of those that you have to do delicately or you end up in a court room getting your ass handed to you.

It's a massive over reaction in my mind to say that this season is less enjoyable than pick your favorite season in the last 10-15.

There's a lot of things going right ...

The things going wrong are just major fuckups right now ... some of it coaching some of it just players finding the best way to be fucked up losers at the worst time.

What's going right this year:

36th in SRS
    Points For: 240 (26.67 pts per game)
    Points Against: 169 (18.77 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +71

What's going wrong:

4-5 record
    2-4 in conference
    Failure to win close games
    Offensive playcalling

The reality is that we're a young team showing positive signs but taking lumps. We're underperforming what the numbers would suggest that we should be at at this point.

In some ways, this season reminds me a bit of the 1988 season that I vaguely remember in that we lost a ton of close games finishing at 6-5 overall and 3-5 in conference. The Seniors that played on the '91 team were either true or RS Freshman on this team. Some interesting stats from that team:

25th in SRS
    Points For: 254 (23.1 pts per game)
    Points Against: 223 points (20.3 pts per game)
    Point Differential: +31

The losses in conference that year were by 7, 1, 3, 3, and 1

The following year in 1989 saw an 8-4 record and an improvement to 5-3 in conference. SRS went from 25th to 14th and total point differential for the year increased to +107. What followed from there were 3 straight Rose Bowls and a National Championship.

There's some transformative things that need to happen in the program to continue to get things moving in the right direction. There's good reason for frustration ... but the numbers are showing positive signs and trends.
    Check the facts and metric, then get back to us

Disagree
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club
    All that progress Tequilla made to embrace brevity and be more readable all went down the shitter. Like an alcoholic falling off the wagon.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ohh I get it now grundle.

Also, why is Freemont immune to being banned for wheelchair jokes?
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

All that progress Tequilla made to embrace brevity and be more readable all went down the shitter. Like Sark falling off the wagon.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

golddog17 said:

I am glad this is OK though

Maybe if the people we? nuked were in wheelchairs it would be off limits...?
    And too bad guys who like their ass stuffed with boner is off limits. Fortunately for us Tommy, you havent come clean so jokes about your sexuality is on limits. Bend over buddy:)
    Uhh, I've actually talked to you about this. And Fremont has actually been a good sport. Not once has he complained to me about your constantly calling him buttsniffer, etc.

Ohh I get it now grundle.

Also, why is Freemont immune to being banned for wheelchair jokes?

He's not.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Տեսեք, ես գիտեմ, որ մենք բոլորս ուզում ենք տեսնել, զանգվածային ցեղասպանություն, բայց սիրում եք ասել է Պետերսոնը, դա դժվար է. Նա միանգամայն ճիշտ է, որ. Մենք don 't պետք տաղանդը ին WR է կատարել զանգվածային ցեղասպանություն: Նրանք տեսակ ձեռնաշղթաներ Պետերսենը եւ Սմիթի խաղ ծրագիր. Ես գիտեմ, որ պետք է չհամաձայնել ինձ հետ. Դա լավ է. Դա չի կարող լինել, որ վերջին անգամ եմ Ամսաթիվ ինչ-որ բան հակասական. Հույս ունեմ, որ նրանք, որոնք չեն էլ ինձ հետ համաձայն կլինեն մտածել եւ հետաքրքրում.

Ինչպես կարող ես չեմ տեսնում, այն կետին, երբ եւ որ Woodward պատրաստվում է այն հարցին, թե խոսել, թե ինչպես Sark հարբած է եղել UW, UW ինչու անել ավելին, կրճատման խնդիրը, եւ ինչ օգնություն չի Նրանք առաջարկում են նրան. Sure ինձ թվում է, որ ես խոստովանել է, որ Woodward պատրաստվում էր ա) պետք է ռեկորդային, եւ բ) պատասխան ինչ տեղի է ունեցել UW. Է ասել, որ ես նայեցի, որ այլ ճանապարհ է մաքուր վարկած այս պահին, քանի որ մենք չգիտենք, թե ինչ է եղել, թե չէր կատարվել է աթլետիկայի վարչության այլ կերպ, քան Նրանք չէին, կարծես, դուրս գալ իրենց ճանապարհը, որպեսզի պահպանել միսը Sark Երբ Pat Haden կոչումը.

Ոչ մեկը Esta Էստա հարցերի, այնուամենայնիվ, քանի դեպք է, ամենայն հավանականությամբ, երբեք չի ստանում է դատարան եւ Woodward, որը, ամենայն հավանականությամբ, երբեք չեն հարցնում է ցուցմունք տալ. Լավագույն դեպքում դա այն է, որ խնդրեցի տալ ավանդադրում, քանի որ դատարան ..., որը երբեք չի լինի մի մասը հանրությանը, եւ ավանդադրում երբեք չի մտավ ապացույցների, ինչպիսիք են երբեք չի լինի մատչելի հասարակական սպառման ՔԱՆԻ ԴԵՌ արտահոսող.

Եթե ​​սա շարունակվի դատավարությունը, ապա լավ հնարավորություն Woodward, որ պետք է պատասխանել, որ հաշվետվությունում. Բայց գործակիցների Esta ցածր են, քան տարաձայնություններ Ektard, որ ստանում է շերեփ հավաքագրելու իրավունք.

Եթե ​​ես եմ լինելու, անկեղծ ասած, այն մասը, որ վրացական ինձ այստեղ է այն իմաստով, որ մենք պետք է խաղալ «հեռախոսային խոսակցությունները» - ին Woodward ... որը հոգ է տանում. Լրջորեն ... ով հոգ է տանում? Շատ բաներ լինում են փակ դռների հետեւում, որոնք չեն որեւէ մեկի բիզնեսը եւ մի անհրաժեշտ է իմանալ հիմք. Մեկը ամենամեծ հասարակության խնդիրների ես ունեմ հենց հիմա է բոլորին, որ կարծում է, որ իրավունք ունեն բոլոր մինչեւ մեջ բոլորի բիզնեսի. Նրանք չեն. Մենք չէինք վճարում արձակման փաթեթ Sark. Այնտեղ չի լինելու որեւէ նյութեր ապօրինի յուրացման միջոցների. The դաշտային կատարումը չէր Նման Որտեղ դուք կարող եք պնդել, որ մենք չեն ստանում այն, ինչ մենք, որտեղ վճարում դրա համար, այլ կերպ, քան գուցե ազդել հաղթելու է մեկ տարի կամ երկու Լուս. Ես ստանում, որ Sark միլիոններ. Ես ստանում, որ Woodward Կատարում է առողջ կտոր փոփոխության. Բայց Այս տեսակի իրավիճակների ունենա ամբողջ ժամանակ ամեն օր, ամբողջ աշխարհում, որտեղ C-մակարդակներում, նախագահներ, VPS, եւ այլն: «Հրաժարական», հաշվի առնելով զգալի պարաշյուտ եւ փաթեթները գնալ հեռու եւ մնալ հանգիստ է. General Իմ փորձից, նրանք, որոնք բողոքում են այս մասին են առավել հաճախ այն, որ չեն հասկանում, թե ինչու այդ փաթեթները, որոնք հաշվի առնելով, թե արդյոք այն պետք է ինստիտուցիոնալ գաղտնիքները նրանց, ովքեր հայտնի են կուսակցությունների, ռիսկի հայցերի եւ այլն Համաձայնագրեր ստորագրվել են պահպանել գաղտնիությունը եւ շատ անգամ անհասանելի Անհատների Այդ ոչ մրցակցել համաձայնագրեր տեղում, որը պաշտպանելու է գործող գործատուին: Ոչ Երբեմն, այդ իրավիճակներում, որ հարցը կարող է ստանալ չարաշահել. Սակայն, միեւնույն ժամանակ, երբ խոսում մարդկանց այդ մակարդակներում, այդ պայմանավորվածությունները պահանջում հավանությունը է վերստուգող հանձնաժողովի, եւ այլն Իրականությունն այն է, որ երբ դուք վազում մի մանրամասն կազմակերպություն է, որը հանդիսանում է UW AD, կա շատ տարբեր նկատառումներով, որ դուք պետք է կատարել, եւ հավասարակշռման առաջնահերթություններ եւ երբեմն չարյաց փոքրագույնն է ձեռքը, որ դու խաղում.
    Կա շատ բաներ տալ WOODY այդ ԲԵԼԱՌՈՒՍ են նաեւ ներսում Իր վերահսկողության եւ ողջամիտ է ակնկալել, որ UW AD է անել, ավելի լավ է. Ես վստահ չեմ, թե ինչպես եմ վարվել հարցաքննության իրավիճակը Sark մեկն է, ովքեր. Սա ինչ-ԲՀԿ սենդվիչ, որ ոչ ոք չի ուզում կարգավորել այն եւ բեռնաթափման մեկն այն է, որ դուք պետք է անել նուրբ, կամ դուք հայտնվում է դատարանի դահլիճից ստանալու ձեր ass հանձնել ձեզ:

Դա զանգվածային նկատմամբ ռեակցիայի իմ մտքում է ասել, որ այս մրցաշրջանում ավելի հաճելի է, քան վերցնել ձեր սիրած սեզոնի վերջին 10-ից 15-:

Կա մի շատ բաներ գնում right ...

Այն, ինչ կատարվում են, պարզապես հիմնական fuckups հենց հիմա ... որոշ դրանից որոշ դրանից միայն մարզչական ֆուտբոլիստները գտնելու լավագույն միջոց դրսում մինչեւ պարտվողներ է ամենավատ ժամանակ.

Ինչ է կատարվում, ճիշտ այս տարի:

36th ին SRS
    Միավոր 240 (26.67 միավ մեկ խաղում)
    Միավորներ դեմ: 169 (18.77 միավ մեկ խաղում)
    Point Դիֆերենցիալ: +71

Ինչ է կատարվում:

4-5-ռեկորդային
    2-4 կոնֆերանսին
    Ձախողումը հաղթելու սերտ խաղերը
    Վիրավորական playcalling

Դա է իրականությունը մենք մի երիտասարդ թիմ է դրական նշաններ, սակայն հաշվի lumps. Մենք underperforming թե ինչ համարները կառաջարկեի, որ մենք պետք է լինի այս պահին.

Որոշ առումներով, այս մրցաշրջանում հիշեցնում է ինձ մի քիչ է 1988 թվականի մրցաշրջանում, որ ես vaguely հիշել, որ մենք կորցրել ենք մի տոննա մերձավոր խաղերի ավարտելուց 6-5 ընդհանուր եւ 3-5-ի համաժողովին: Մեծահասակների Որ թիմը խաղում է 91 էին կամ ճիշտ կամ RS FRESHMAN բազա Այս թիմում. Որոշ հետաքրքիր վիճակագրությունը է, որ հավաքականում:

25-SRS
    Միավոր: 254 (23.1 միավ մեկ խաղում)
    Միավորներ դեմ: 223-նը (20,3 միավ մեկ խաղում)
    Point Դիֆերենցիալ: +31

Այն կորուստները համաժողովին էին, որ տարին է 7, 1, 3, 3, եւ 1

Հաջորդ տարի, 1989 թ. Տեսավ 8-4 ռեկորդ եւ բարելավում է 5-3 համաժողովին. SRS գնաց 25-ից 14-րդ, իսկ ընդհանուր կետն դիֆերենցիալ տարվա համար ավելացել է +107. Ինչ կա հաջորդում են երեք ուղիղ վարդերի Bowls եւ ազգային առաջնության.

Կա որոշ transformative բան, որ պետք է տեղի ունենա, ծրագրի շարունակում է ստանալ բաներ շարժվում է ճիշտ ուղղությամբ. Կա լավ առիթ է, հիասթափության ... բայց համարները ցույց են դրական նշաններ ու միտումները.