Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Race Bannon's College Football Report

13»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Ohio State will smoke Bama if they play.

I hope so. I think it's possible because tOSU is clearly bored as fuck and isn't playing anything close to their potential. But Bama's better than they were last year, and once a team goes complacent it's hard(tm) to just flip the switch. Would love to see the matchup.
    Alabama isn't great. I've seen some of Saban's great teams and this isn't one of them. They have Saban so they always have a chance, but I think quite a few teams could beat them. I will easily take the field over Bama. That's not really a bold statement, but on this board with the Bama trolls, it is.

Alabama is a little better on defense this year. Coker sucks though. Their WR's aren't great either. They are a one man show on offense. Coker and the passing game only looks good if Henry is rolling. If you contain him, they will lose unless their defense rises up. That's going to be tough to do in the playoffs.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club
    Not great, yet they just held a Heisman candidate to less than 20 yards. Uh huh.
    edited November 2015
    PurpleJ said:

Not great, yet they just held a Heisman candidate to less than 20 yards. Uh huh.

They also lost to Ole Miss and squeaked by Tennessee. Alabama is always very good. I said the same thing last year and turned out right. This year's team would get beaten rather easily by the great Alabama teams from a few years ago. Those teams were far and away the best in the country. This Alabama team is not.

They are among the best teams in the country, but Coker will choke, just wait. He sucks. At some point that is going to hurt them when they play a team just as good. I knew it would happen to LSU when they played Alabama. You don't consistently beat really good teams with a shitty QB. Ohio State is more talented with an even better coach.

I won't go as far to predict that Clemson would beat Alabama because, but they could. Clemson is very talented and also has a huge upgrade at QB over Alabama.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

They also lost to Ole Miss and squeaked by Tennessee. Alabama is always very good. I said the same thing last year and turned out right. This year's team would get beaten rather easily by the great Alabama teams from a few years ago. Those teams were far and away the best in the country. This Alabama team is not.

They are among the best teams in the country, but Coker will choke, just wait. He sucks. At some point that is going to hurt them when they play a team just as good. I knew it would happen to LSU when they played Alabama. You don't consistently beat really good teams with a shitty QB. Ohio State is more talented with an even better coach.

I won't go as far to predict that Clemson would beat Alabama because, but they could. Clemson is very talented and also has a huge upgrade at QB over Alabama.
    You're right that Coker sucks, but that defense is a great Alabama defense. The Ole Miss game was an anomaly. They might be good enough to save Coker if he keeps fucking up, and the run game helps a lot. The Tennessee game was a good example of that. Not sure if they win against a better team if that happens, but that's why we play the games. That's why everybody love SEC football.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Ohio State will smoke Bama if they play.

I hope so. I think it's possible because tOSU is clearly bored as fuck and isn't playing anything close to their potential. But Bama's better than they were last year, and once a team goes complacent it's hard(tm) to just flip the switch. Would love to see the matchup.
    Alabama isn't great. I've seen some of Saban's great teams and this isn't one of them. They have Saban so they always have a chance, but I think quite a few teams could beat them. I will easily take the field over Bama. That's not really a bold statement, but on this board with the Bama trolls, it is.

Alabama is a little better on defense this year. Coker sucks though. Their WR's aren't great either. They are a one man show on offense. Coker and the passing game only looks good if Henry is rolling. If you contain him, they will lose unless their defense rises up. That's going to be tough to do in the playoffs.
    Of course I'd take the field over Bama but I think they're better than you're giving them credit for.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,820 Founders Club
    Road - your criticism of Bama is only amplified when you look at tOSU this season. They've struggled to beat numerous bad B1G teams.

The Bucks won last year and it would be a great game, but I like Bama in this one. They can stop Ohio this year

Road - your criticism of Bama is only amplified when you look at tOSU this season. They've struggled to beat numerous bad B1G teams.

The Bucks won last year and it would be a great game, but I like Bama in this one. They can stop Ohio this year

That is true about Ohio State, but they also started to click a little bit once Barrett took over.

That is true about Ohio State, but they also started to click a little bit once Barrett took over.

They did and they will need to. Their season is just starting.

I want a rematch.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,593 Founders Club

You have to earn credit

Your mind games are too much Race. I give up.

You have to earn credit

Your mind games are too much Race. I give up.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Alabama would lose to the top team in EVERY power 5 conference, 2 teams in the Pac and Big10.

Stanford, USC, UCLA (before the defense lost 4 starters) out the Pac12.

tOSU, Sparty and maybe Michigan out the big 10.

Clemson, perhaps FSU out the ACC (FSU can line up athlete for athlete, same with USC-UCLA).

Oklahoma out the big 12. Baylor would get crushed, but could make it interesting for a half.

ole miss (they stink and still beat bama at home). Tennessee (bama needed a prayer at home). Not a reflection of SEC'S strength, rather bama's weakness.
    Remember Oklahoma beat Tenn on the road, bama needed devine intervention to beat UT at home. Starting to see how pathetic the SEC is again this year? Please wake up to reality before I have to come to your basement and give you a few lessons Race.