Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

10 Reported Dead at a Roseburg JC

Comments

• OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited October 2015

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

And fuck 4chan. Just take that place off the internet already. And yes I support free speech and Internet anonymity and yadda yadda. But fuck 4chan

Yeah. Let's ban 4 chan. But god forbid, please keep it easy as fuck for the mentally ill to have access to guns. The NRA appreciates that.

And now the shooter will be immortalized by the media and Wikipedia instead of dying a depressed nobody due to suicide.

Fucking christ, really difficult issue. There's pretty much no way to prevent these type of events from happening either.

And fuck 4chan. Just take that place off the internet already. And yes I support free speech and Internet anonymity and yadda yadda. But fuck 4chan

WE GUN CONTROL

Oh wait... Oregon has that. Fuck. Now what?
    You already said that. Were you hoping for more uproots the 2nd time around?
    What laws do you propose (that don't aleady exist) that would have prevented this. Please be specific.
    I'll take a crack at answering your question, after you answer mine, since I asked first.
    What was your question?
    Since you can't read, there is no point in me taking the time to write out a long answer to your question.
    Fucking cop out. You have no answers or a clue.

I see some incoherent sentence about an uproot. Is that the question? I don't know what that means. But sure. I want an uproot. Now answer my question or just admit you have no fucking idea about this.
    That was "upvote" (auto-correct changed it to uproot). Sorry if you were unable to decipher it.

So, my question was, did you post your drivel twice, so that you could get more upvotes?

• DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I'm just very grateful that the NRA is looking out for our gun manufacturer stock dividends.

When I hear horrible news like this -- I sleep easier knowing that my dividends are still coming in.

Thanks NRA!

You are seriously fucked up.
    You fail at rhetoric.

But we already knew that.
    You seem to enjoy talking to yourself a lot. You also like to adress yourself as "we".
    *address
    You have nothing.
    Well golly, I guess this is proof then that we shouldn't have separation of church and state. Lets allow the christians to run the government.

BTW, CNN just reported that the sheriff in this county is opposed to gun laws, so that should give us a pretty good idea as to how well he enforced existing laws.
    edited October 2015

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I'm just very grateful that the NRA is looking out for our gun manufacturer stock dividends.

When I hear horrible news like this -- I sleep easier knowing that my dividends are still coming in.

Thanks NRA!

You are seriously fucked up.
    You fail at rhetoric.

But we already knew that.
    You seem to enjoy talking to yourself a lot. You also like to adress yourself as "we".
    *address
    You have nothing.
    What do you have?

Are you going to answer the question? Then I'll begin the lengthy process of answering yours.

Oh, and just so I better understand the parameters of your question, do you want to know which laws I'd propose? Or do you want to know which laws I'd propose that the NRA and their shills
    won't stop through aggressive lobbying?

There was legislation proposed for stronger background checks, but the NRA and (R)s in congress prevented it. So the distinction is important.

Thanks.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    "This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loves ones because of our inaction. When Americans are killed in mine disasters, we work to make mines safer. When Americans are killed in floods and hurricanes, we make communities safer. When roads are unsafe, we fix them to reduce auto fatalities. We have seatbelt laws because we know it safes lives. The notion that gun violence is somehow different—that our freedom and our Constitution prohibits any modest regulation of how we use a deadly weapon, when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who could hunt, and protect their families, and do everything they do under such regulations—doesn't make sense."

—President Obama on the shooting in Roseburg, Oregon
    edited October 2015
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Yeah. Let's ban 4 chan. But god forbid, please keep it easy as fuck for the mentally ill to have access to guns. The NRA appreciates that.

And now the shooter will be immortalized by the media and Wikipedia instead of dying a depressed nobody due to suicide.

Fucking christ, really difficult issue. There's pretty much no way to prevent these type of events from happening either.

WE GUN CONTROL

What laws do you propose (that don't aleady exist) that would have prevented this. Please be specific.
    I'll take a crack at answering your question, after you answer mine, since I asked first.
    What was your question?
    Since you can't read, there is no point in me taking the time to write out a long answer to your question.

I see some incoherent sentence about an uproot. Is that the question? I don't know what that means. But sure. I want an uproot. Now answer my question or just admit you have no fucking idea about this.
    That was "upvote" (auto-correct changed it to uproot). Sorry if you were unable to decipher it.

So, my question was, did you post your drivel twice, so that you could get more upvotes?

Yes. I did it for a fucking upvote or whatever. There, I answered your question.

Now give us your plan that would have prevented today besides "the NRA is bad"

We are listening. Please be specific.

Edit: all of the above. What legislation would you propose and what stronger background checks did NRA work to defeat that would have stopped today's shooting?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

"This is a political choice that we make to allow this to happen every few months in America. We collectively are answerable to those families who lose their loves ones because of our inaction. When Americans are killed in mine disasters, we work to make mines safer. When Americans are killed in floods and hurricanes, we make communities safer. When roads are unsafe, we fix them to reduce auto fatalities. We have seatbelt laws because we know it safes lives. The notion that gun violence is somehow different—that our freedom and our Constitution prohibits any modest regulation of how we use a deadly weapon, when there are law-abiding gun owners all across the country who could hunt, and protect their families, and do everything they do under such regulations—doesn't make sense."

—President Obama on the shooting in Roseburg, Oregon

Oh shit, I know he didn't just do that. Wtf??? He wants to confiscate all guns!!! He can pry my AK 47 from my dead hands .

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Yes. I did it for a fucking upvote or whatever. There, I answered your question.

Edit: all of the above. What legislation would you propose and what stronger background checks did NRA work to defeat that would have stopped today's shooting?
    Here you go smart guy:

1. Make all laws federal/national, so that people can’t circumvent them by simply crossing state lines.

2. Ban the NRA.

3. Confiscate all privately owned guns (but still allow a well regulated militia as per the 2nd amendment). Go door to door to get them. Spare no one.. Bring in the UN if needed for the extra manpower. At the very least, we can probably allow the Canadian and Mexican police to volunteer to help. I"m sure they'd be happy to.

4. Imprison anybody that interferes with 1, 2 & 3. (which includes Rush Limbaugh). Send them to camps to retrain them.

5. Create a national, single payer, health care system that includes a national database of mental health issues for all US residents.

6. Require people to obtain a license before they can have and raise kids. It is obviously way too hard for a significant portion of our population.

If the above laws and actions had been enacted 25 years ago, that would have prevented today’s tragedy.

Now, am I in favor of this? no, but that isn’t what you asked.

HTH

(well, actually, I think #6 is a fucking great idea)
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Here you go smart guy:

1. Make all laws federal/national, so that people can’t circumvent them by simply crossing state lines.

2. Ban the NRA.

3. Confiscate all privately owned guns (but still allow a well regulated militia as per the 2nd amendment). Go door to door to get them. Spare no one.. Bring in the UN if needed for the extra manpower. At the very least, we can probably allow the Canadian and Mexican police to volunteer to help. I"m sure they'd be happy to.

4. Imprison anybody that interferes with 1, 2 & 3. (which includes Rush Limbaugh). Send them to camps to retrain them.

5. Create a national, single payer, health care system that includes a national database of mental health issues for all US residents.

6. Require people to obtain a license before they can have and raise kids. It is obviously way too hard for a significant portion of our population.

If the above laws and actions had been enacted 25 years ago, that would have prevented today’s tragedy.

HTH

Awesome. But I did ask what YOU would do?

You have no practical answers. You just yap left MSNBC talikg points.

You have nothing. Just move on.

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Here you go smart guy:

2. Ban the NRA.

HTH

You asked what I'd propose that would have prevented today's events.

I answered that. It would have prevented today's events. Though it may have also had other consequences.

If, what you meant ask was, "what can we do in today's political climate in which the NRA and their shills prop up the 2nd amendment to thwart all reasonable attempts at making us safer from gun violence"... then that is the question you should have asked. Of course, the answer to that question is much more complicated.

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Here you go smart guy:

2. Ban the NRA.

HTH

I answered that. It would have prevented today's events. Though it may have also had other consequences.

If, what you meant ask was, "what can we do in today's political climate in which the NRA and their shills prop up the 2nd amendment to thwart all reasonable attempts at making us safer from gun violence"... then that is the question you should have asked. Of course, the answer to that question is much more complicated.

You answered nothing. You gave bunch if totalitarian points then said you aren't in favor of them. You have nothing.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    fuck this got out of control quickly.

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Here you go smart guy:

2. Ban the NRA.

HTH

You answered nothing. You gave bunch if totalitarian points then said you aren't in favor of them. You have nothing.
    I answered the question related to today's tragedy. Which was what you asked.

I'm not in favor of ALL of them, for reasons unrelated to today's tragedy.

Are you capable of comprehending the difference?

You've already admitted that your post was just an attempt to get upvotes, so whats the difference to you?

@OZONE entered @IMALOSER_ territory

I don't know him. Is that a bad thing?

Look, a bunch of fucktards tried to turn today's tragedy into a political statement.

I then added to the thread, but took the opposite political stance of the others that were already trying to use it for political gain. .

And now all you fucking nancy's are shaking and vomiting in outrage that I'm using it for political gain.

Rich.

I'm sure some will understand the rhetoric. Many won't. I'm sure OBK and his new handle of Don'tCallMeShirly won't.
    edited October 2015

2001400ex said:

Jesus Christ - I know shit wasn't that rosy in the day, but I really don't recall the mass shooting shit being nearly as frequent as it is now.

WTF.

You sir have succumbed to the 24 hours news hype machine.
    I don't know. 10 people picked off at a JC within 500 miles of here makes news in my little world.
    What difference does it make if it was 500, 1000, or 3000 miles from you. It not like you were there or even could have been there.
    fuck, I don't know. because I feel like it makes a difference? PNW and all that? how 'bout that?

#dumbquestionsfor$500Alex

edited October 2015
    OZONE said:

@OZONE entered @IMALOSER_ territory

I don't know him. Is that a bad thing?

Look, a bunch of fucktards tried to turn today's tragedy into a political statement.

I then added to the thread, but took the opposite political stance of the others that were already trying to use it for political gain. .

And now all you fucking nancy's are shaking and vomiting in outrage that I'm using it for political gain.

Rich.

I'm sure some will understand the rhetoric. Many won't. I'm sure OBK and his new handle of Don'tCallMeShirly won't.
    Now that we know you're a partisan hack who yaps about the NRA and other billshit non starters, we can ignore your dumbass and the noise you create. You didn't answer the question and still have zero answers.

Rich

2001400ex said:

Jesus Christ - I know shit wasn't that rosy in the day, but I really don't recall the mass shooting shit being nearly as frequent as it is now.

WTF.

You sir have succumbed to the 24 hours news hype machine.
    I don't know. 10 people picked off at a JC within 500 miles of here makes news in my little world.
    What difference does it make if it was 500, 1000, or 3000 miles from you. It not like you were there or even could have been there.
    fuck, I don't know. because I feel like it makes a difference? PNW and all that? how 'bout that?

#dumbquestionsfor$500Alex
    The local connection? Christ.
    maybe I'm missing something basic here. certainly wouldn't be the first time, so don't get all puffed up in your pants if that's the case. i've been torched by better men.

someone, I thought, was making the point that I was overreacting because news is immediate and recurring and hyperbolized today. my response was, well, something shitty happened in my general neck of the woods = news to me.

it does not follow from that statement, by any application of logical reasoning, that it's less important if it happens 1,000 or 3,000 miles away.

whatever. at any rate, with my second reply in place, we've now gone beyond the tight confines of my attention span boundaries. sorry.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

WE GUN CONTROL

What was your question?

Here you go smart guy:

2. Ban the NRA.

HTH

Bullshit. Your gun law fantasy doesn't work in Chicago.

I actually relish the thought of the UN trying to go door to door in the US for any reason