Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Utah is really fucking good

Make no mistake, Oregon is a horse shit team right now, but Utah probably doesn't lose this year as long as Wilson is the QB. The Duck secondary is awful, but Wilson didn't miss one throw in that game. He ran the zone read to perfection as well. They have the best front seven in the conference on D, the best offensive backfield, the best kicker/punter combo, ally good set of wide outs, and their coach isn't a fuck head.

If they stay healthy they're going to plunger a lot more teams along the way.

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol. I love college football fans.

Utah struggled with Utah state. At home.

They looked great on Saturday, no doubt. But they will lose at least two conference games.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogville said:

They looked great on Saturday, no doubt. But they will lose at least two conference games.

Wilson went out against Utah State. Without Wilson they are like any spread option team without their starter. I'm not saying this because they beat Oregon, Oregon sucks. This is the first time I've really watched them and went back and watched it with an objective eye and they have the horses to beat anyone.

UCLA's freshman QB will fuck them here really soon because that's what freshman QB's do. USC has Sark, so that's all that needs to be said. The Arizona schools are no longer serious about football. Colorado is a scrimmage. They don't play Stanford. They are in LA for USC which is the easiest stadium in the conference to play in. UCLA is in SLC in late November. That's not surfboard weather.

What I'm getting at is Utah wins the conference this year as long as Wilson is full go.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Utah is really fucking good until they aren't.

Oregon will be lucky to be bowl eligible based on what I've seen so far. I admit I'm guilty for assuming everyone was as bad as Oregon. That isn't true. Utah is an above average team, and so is UCLA. USC, Stanford, and Cal are average, Arizona is below average, and everyone else is dreck. I can't wait to see if Oregon is lucky enough to help fight hunger in December. Oregon might not be that good.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi. The coogs beat this same team on the road last year. Utah is good, but they aren't going 12-0 with Travis Wilson. He'll fuck up somewhere random.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Hi. The coogs beat this same team on the road last year. Utah is good, but they aren't going 12-0 with Travis Wilson. He'll fuck up somewhere random.

Probably won't even take a fuckup. Wilson has a hard time staying healthy, and he might just have one punch left on his concussion card.
  • Options
    And to clarify - I think they could win the south, probably should be favorites...but I don't see us(?), SC or Utah running the rest of the table from here on. I'm thinking 10-2 from whomever wins the loaded south.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I don't care what anyone says, that was a GOOD Utah team.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

And to clarify - I think they could win the south, probably should be favorites...but I don't see us(?), SC or Utah running the rest of the table from here on. I'm thinking 10-2 from whomever wins the loaded south.

#MyBruins win the southdtd
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

doogville said:

Wilson went out against Utah State. Without Wilson they are like any spread option team without their starter. I'm not saying this because they beat Oregon, Oregon sucks. This is the first time I've really watched them and went back and watched it with an objective eye and they have the horses to beat anyone.

UCLA's freshman QB will fuck them here really soon because that's what freshman QB's do. USC has Sark, so that's all that needs to be said. The Arizona schools are no longer serious about football. Colorado is a scrimmage. They don't play Stanford. They are in LA for USC which is the easiest stadium in the conference to play in. UCLA is in SLC in late November. That's not surfboard weather.

What I'm getting at is Utah wins the conference this year as long as Wilson is full go.
    Utah will not win the conference this year.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Oregon's defense is amongst the worst in the nation, it ranks 116, just below Western Kentucky and just above Bowling Green. That game wasn't a good measure of where Utah is at. On the other hand, they did beat a good Michigan team, and if they stay healthy they should be in the mix for the South.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    dnc said:

Oregon and Arizona plungered on the same day?

What a cool week to be Mosster, man.

It was pretty epic how all those road plungerings were happening at exactly the same time Saturday.
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Oregon and Arizona plungered on the same day?

What a cool week to be Mosster, man.

It was pretty epic how all those road plungerings were happening at exactly the same time Saturday.

Plungerman can fly

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Oregon's defense is amongst the worst in the nation, it ranks 116, just below Western Kentucky and just above Bowling Green. That game wasn't a good measure of where Utah is at. On the other hand, they did beat a good Michigan team, and if they stay healthy they should be in the mix for the South.

I was talking to a friend on Sunday and he was going off about how he didn't know Utah was that good.

If you want to crown 'em, then crown their ass. But they are who we thought they are. An upper-tier Pac12 team. I agree that they're a good team and the Duck defense is fucking terrible but I told him that that was one of those games where if it's played 99 more times it's on the road, same time and weather conditions, Utah probably wouldn't win by 40+ again. But they'd probably win by 30+ 10 or so times and the majority win by 1-3 touchdowns. Utah's never scored 60 points against a power 5 team. Pretty much ever (ok fine, Iowa State in 2010). They only scored 24 at home against USU and Michigan and 45 against a terrible Fresno team, who they beat by exactly half as many points as they did Oregon.

And Oregon can still put up points with almost anyone. It almost doesn't even feel right saying they scored 20, though, because of how punchless they looked. It was just one of those games where everything goes right for Utah. Yeah, kind of like the Oregon State game. That Dawg team shouldn't put up 70 on anybody.

If you judge a team by one game, you're an idiot. They're not 42 points better than Oregon but they're also not a team that's barely better than Utah State.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilson has sucked for three years already. He's better, but he will go back to sucking ass at some point. I think Utah is good, but not great. That's true of quite a few teams in the Pac 12 though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

"Now don't get me wrong, Oregon sucks. But Utah is really fucking good ... because they beat Oregon"

- Adam Jude