Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So VAJ has a broken finger and he's still gonna start?

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Adams is no better than an average at best PAC QB ... I tend to think he's below average. This is by far the most vulnerable Oregon has been in years.

This is gonna be fucking hilarious when Oregon wins the Pac12.

Edit: rather easily
    Hi. An average QB An actual retard should be good enough for Oregon to win this fucking dreckfest.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Vernon Adams against Michigan State with broken finger in his throwing hand:

22-39 309 yards 56.4% 7.92 YPA 30 LONG 1 TD 2 INT 4 SACKS 121.2 RATING

Doogs: LOL HE SUCKS

Mind you, I'm not saying he's great (yet). But that was a pretty damn good performance against MSU's defense with a broken finger in his throwing hand.

Also, the top-rated QB in the league in terms of ESPN's QBR stat is Travis WIlson at Utah. I don't even know what to think about that

Don't mistake productivity for acheivment.
    Nobody in the Pac-12 has achieved shit this year, so far
    Especially Oregon.
    sounds like someone is worried about oregon.

I'm not worried about a 9 fingered mini-Hundley, no.

HTH.
    disagree
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Mind you, I'm not saying he's great (yet). But that was a pretty damn good performance against MSU's defense with a broken finger in his throwing hand.

Also, the top-rated QB in the league in terms of ESPN's QBR stat is Travis WIlson at Utah. I don't even know what to think about that

WSU has the best win of the whole league.

End of discussion.
    Rutgers > Michigan ???
    Rutgers on the road is better than Michigan or Virginia at home.

For now.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

HuskyInAZ said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

End of discussion.
    Rutgers > Michigan ???

For now.
    Rutgers is the biggest dumpster fire in the country right now. They are missing like 10 players and their AD hates their coach and is trying to find ways to fire him.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    All this talk about who VAJ could start for in the Pac-12 and who he couldn't misses the point.

The bigger poont is that this bored knew VAJ to be injury-prone and his finger still won't be healed by the team Tuff Utah comes to town on the 26th....then the weekly grind of the Pac-12 schedule continues rather than getting off weeks with teams like Southern Utah and UC Davis

But Oregon likely has bigger problems than VAJ already being dinged....their OL doesn't compare to their OL last year....Fisher had some nasty in him and Grasu wouldn't have been blown up on a critical 4th down play like their other free-agent (the C from ND) was @ MSU.

With Tyner out, Freeman may get worn down as the Pac-12 season goes on and their secondary could almost be as bad as our's last year after Peters went psycho. Daniels looked slow and got exposed early in the game and their corners need to get better in a hurry.

Michigan State also mostly ran the ball at will so maybe they miss Armstead more than most imagined.

With all that said, the script still says they beat us 44-20 in October though.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Adams is no better than an average at best PAC QB ... I tend to think he's below average. This is by far the most vulnerable Oregon has been in years.

DPOTD. There aren't 5 QB's in the Pac 12 that are better than Adams. There probably aren't even 3. Kessler, maybe Goff... Who else?

Browning - No

I don't even know who Oregon State's QB is, but I know he sucks.

Liufau - Terrible

Falk - No

Hogan - Lol

Rosen - Probably not at this point. Played pretty poorly against UNLV.

Bercovici - Fuck No. Bercovici is pretty bad.

Soloman - Maybe, but LIPO. I'd probably take Adams.

Wilson - No
    Pretty sure you've propped up Hogan in the past ... can't have it both ways.
  • Options
  • Options
    Couple of clarifying points to my earlier comment about VAJ being an average PAC QB at best ...

First, I generally agree with the idea that the QBs in the conference this year are below average compared to normal. That's to be expected when the conference has lost so many high end QBs in a single year (Hundley, Mannion, Kelly, and Holliday).

Second, what I've generally seen from Adams in the game at Husky Stadium last year and the game on Saturday against Michigan State is that he throws a lot of 50/50 balls in the air hoping his WRs can come down with them. That might work at Eastern. That might work against inferior competition. That's not a recipe for success week in and week out in the PAC.

Third, Oregon's offense has never been known as a team that runs a diverse passing tree in their passing game. The success that they have had in the passing game is IMO much more system driven and tied to the success of their running game forcing teams to sell out versus the run and then be exposed over the top in the passing game.

Finally, the point that has been made in this thread about Oregon's OL is a telling one. Oregon averaged 2.9 yards per rushing attempt against Michigan State. It wasn't all on VAJ as Freeman averaged under 4 yards per carry. This has always been the consistent theme against Oregon getting beat ... you beat the OL first and that kills the rest of their team.

I'm not saying whether or not UW will beat Oregon or not this year. It's way too early to even get an idea on whether UW is good or not this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about the defense and think that it could turn out into a surprising year if the offense can come around.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DPOTD. There aren't 5 QB's in the Pac 12 that are better than Adams. There probably aren't even 3. Kessler, maybe Goff... Who else?

Browning - No

Liufau - Terrible

Falk - No

Hogan - Lol

Wilson - No
    I've said he's a decent QB, but if you swap him with Adams, Stanford beats Northwestern. There aren't 5 QB's in the Pac 12 that are better. That's a simple fact.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

End of discussion.
    Rutgers > Michigan ???

For now.
    Rutgers is the biggest dumpster fire in the country right now. They are missing like 10 players and their AD hates their coach and is trying to find ways to fire him.
    True. It's still the Pac-12's best win to date.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Browning - No

Liufau - Terrible

Falk - No

Hogan - Lol

Wilson - No
    I've said he's a decent QB, but if you swap him with Adams, Stanford beats Northwestern. There aren't 5 QB's in the Pac 12 that are better. That's a simple fact.
    Since when does Shaw allow quarterbacks to audible?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Couple of clarifying points to my earlier comment about VAJ being an average PAC QB at best ...

First, I generally agree with the idea that the QBs in the conference this year are below average compared to normal. That's to be expected when the conference has lost so many high end QBs in a single year (Hundley, Mannion, Kelly, and Holliday).

Second, what I've generally seen from Adams in the game at Husky Stadium last year and the game on Saturday against Michigan State is that he throws a lot of 50/50 balls in the air hoping his WRs can come down with them. That might work at Eastern. That might work against inferior competition. That's not a recipe for success week in and week out in the PAC.

Third, Oregon's offense has never been known as a team that runs a diverse passing tree in their passing game. The success that they have had in the passing game is IMO much more system driven and tied to the success of their running game forcing teams to sell out versus the run and then be exposed over the top in the passing game.

Finally, the point that has been made in this thread about Oregon's OL is a telling one. Oregon averaged 2.9 yards per rushing attempt against Michigan State. It wasn't all on VAJ as Freeman averaged under 4 yards per carry. This has always been the consistent theme against Oregon getting beat ... you beat the OL first and that kills the rest of their team.

I'm not saying whether or not UW will beat Oregon or not this year. It's way too early to even get an idea on whether UW is good or not this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about the defense and think that it could turn out into a surprising year if the offense can come around.

Flagged for calling those four dreckfest QBs high end.

The only team in the conference that is worse off at QB now compared to a year ago is Oregon.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm sure Oregon State wishes they had Mannion back (now on the Rams).

Taylor Kelly was also better than Mike Bercovicci or however you spell his Eyetalian last name.

Jury is still out on Rosen. He didn't play all that well vs. UNLV on the road.

Tequilla said:

The only team in the conference that is worse off at QB now compared to a year ago is Oregon.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I didn't read any of this. Just noticed it's another post about how average VAJ is.

Nobody is arguing with any of you who say he sucks which says to me, you're trying to convince yourself that he sucks because you can't bare another useless Oregon pac12 championship.

• Options
    HFNY said:

I'm sure Oregon State wishes they had Mannion back (now on the Rams).

Taylor Kelly was also better than Mike Bercovicci or however you spell his Eyetalian last name.

Jury is still out on Rosen. He didn't play all that well vs. UNLV on the road.

Tequilla said:

Mannion was dogshit last year. The Rams are fucktarded for picking him up.

Kelly was benched for Bercovici in the Arizona game.

UCLA treated UNLV like a scrimmage.
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Tequilla said:

That might work against inferior competition.

You mean like going 31 of 46 for 475 yards and 7 TDs? The UW defense doesn't have the LOB secondary but to say the were inferior to Eastern in terms of talent and ability would be misleading.

*Self $75K fine for using a "12" related term/acronym in LOB. Damn it... did it again. I'm up to $150K now

• Options
    I thought VAJ made a number of questionable throws last year that he got away with against a super green UW secondary. I didn't think the yards stacked up to the quality of play.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

That might work against inferior competition.

You mean like going 31 of 46 for 475 yards and 7 TDs? The UW defense doesn't have the LOB secondary but to say the were inferior to Eastern in terms of talent and ability would be misleading.

*Self $75K fine for using a "12" related term/acronym in LOB. Damn it... did it again. I'm up to $150K now

It's just his style of play doesn't fit Oregon that well, I've been saying that since he signed with them.

Yes, he torched UW. I could point out that our secondary at that time was terrible and Peters sat the last half basically.

But he also should have been sacked 10-12 times that game, he threw some ridiculous passes that he should have never thrown and he just showed a general disregard for ball security. Those are things that don't really go in line with what Oregon wants. They want the ball out quickly, accurately, and protect the ball.

I like Adams, I think he fits a passing offense very well. I just don't think he fits Oregon that well.

*Note: Oregon will still be good. They will beat the shit out of the little sister of the poor PAC12.
  • Options
    I'll just leave this here (from Pro Football Focus):

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

The bigger poont is that this bored knew VAJ to be injury-prone and his finger still won't be healed by the team Tuff Utah comes to town on the 26th....then the weekly grind of the Pac-12 schedule continues rather than getting off weeks with teams like Southern Utah and UC Davis

But Oregon likely has bigger problems than VAJ already being dinged....their OL doesn't compare to their OL last year....Fisher had some nasty in him and Grasu wouldn't have been blown up on a critical 4th down play like their other free-agent (the C from ND) was @ MSU.

With Tyner out, Freeman may get worn down as the Pac-12 season goes on and their secondary could almost be as bad as our's last year after Peters went psycho. Daniels looked slow and got exposed early in the game and their corners need to get better in a hurry.

Michigan State also mostly ran the ball at will so maybe they miss Armstead more than most imagined.