Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Billy's Historical Contenders and Pretenders

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
First the contenders, i.e. real college football royalty:

$C
ND
Oklahomo
Nebraska
Michigan
Bammer
Miami
Florida St
The Ohio St

There are two categories of the second tier: The annoying and the not annoying. Sometimes with commentary. If I feel like it.

Not Annoying:

Warshington
UCLA
Colorado - They won a NC...after a fifth down. Did Oregon ever win anything? Didn't think so.
Minnesota- credit for history. Pretty ordinary since Race was a little kid
Syracuse - Questionable, but they went undefeated once in the 80s
Allbarn- annoying, but we'll allow it
Tennessee - one of the few non-pussy SEC teams since they play at Yankee teams, UCLA, whOregon, and Kal once in a while.

State Penn

aTm
Ga Tech

Annoying

Florida - not shit before 1990. Tebow, Aaron Hernandez, Urban Meyer, white trash jort wearing faggots with mullets fanbase, got killed by N and Tommy Frasier in the mid 90s

LSU - very average in the 90s, ok in 80s but not great, fanbase thinks it's great because they won a NC with two losses, got drilled by Bammer in the most fraudulent NC gayme ever

Georgia - total pretender, won one NC not in wartime, always goes 9-3 and is sort of close to whatever SEC team actually won the conference

Texas- has the resume to be royalty, but wgaf. Annoying fanbase, plenty of underachieving, couldn't take advantage of Arkie leaving SWC, and SMU becoming a D2 team.

Pitt - It's been over 30 years since you were relevant. Nobody cares about Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, and Mark May. Playing at Ketchup Field is fucking retarded. The atmosphere is horrible. Gonna offer a $3 ticket with the purchase of a Big Mac so you can get more than 16,000 for the big Wake Forest game? Why are you in the ACC again? Tradition killers.

Clemson - Basically the Georgia of the ACC. Florida State's bitch. Noone cares about your stupid rock.

Wisconsin - Another Johnny Come Lately that took advantage of reduced scholarships. Wisconsin people are annoying. See Packer faggots who try to talk shit to me about Seahawk luck. Your tradition is your pasty white students jump up and down to a wigger rap song? No, that's not gay at all.

BYU - Team Mormon. Fraudulent NC we should have won. It's we. Play on Sunday you closet fags. Jesus Christ. Join the 1960s.

Comments

• Options
    AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

$C
    ND
    Oklahomo
    Nebraska
    Michigan
    Bammer
    Miami
    Florida St
    The Ohio St

There are two categories of the second tier: The annoying and the not annoying. Sometimes with commentary. If I feel like it.

Not Annoying:

Warshington
    UCLA
    Colorado - They won a NC...after a fifth down. Did Oregon ever win anything? Didn't think so.
    Tennessee - one of the few non-pussy SEC teams since they play at Yankee teams, UCLA, whOregon, and Kal once in a while.

State Penn

aTm
    Ga Tech

Annoying

Florida - not shit before 1990. Tebow, Aaron Hernandez, Urban Meyer, white trash jort wearing faggots with mullets fanbase, got killed by N and Tommy Frasier in the mid 90s

LSU - very average in the 90s, ok in 80s but not great, fanbase thinks it's great because they won a NC with two losses, got drilled by Bammer in the most fraudulent NC gayme ever

Georgia - total pretender, won one NC not in wartime, always goes 9-3 and is sort of close to whatever SEC team actually won the conference

Texas- has the resume to be royalty, but wgaf. Annoying fanbase, plenty of underachieving, couldn't take advantage of Arkie leaving SWC, and SMU becoming a D2 team.

Pitt - It's been over 30 years since you were relevant. Nobody cares about Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, and Mark May. Playing at Ketchup Field is fucking retarded. The atmosphere is horrible. Gonna offer a $3 ticket with the purchase of a Big Mac so you can get more than 16,000 for the big Wake Forest game? Why are you in the ACC again? Tradition killers.

Clemson - Basically the Georgia of the ACC. Florida State's bitch. Noone cares about your stupid rock.

Wisconsin - Another Johnny Come Lately that took advantage of reduced scholarships. Wisconsin people are annoying. See Packer faggots who try to talk shit to me about Seahawk luck. Your tradition is your pasty white students jump up and down to a wigger rap song? No, that's not gay at all.

BYU - Team Mormon. Fraudulent NC we should have won. It's we. Play on Sunday you closet fags. Jesus Christ. Join the 1960s.

AUBURNTROJAN approves this message

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited August 2015
    I think you're underrating LSU and maybe Florida. Pretty fair list I suppose. Not sure we really belong anymore. Minnesota definitely doesn't.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas is royalty, besides that nice list.

Also Miami is dangerously close to being a has been. I love the U, but their fanbase is shit compared to their Florida rivals and they desperately need to get the right coach in there. A stadium default is on the horizon.

For about 15-16 years they were the best though.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443

First the contenders, i.e. real college football message board royalty:

Everyone but Fire Marshall Bill

Not Annoying:

No one

Annoying

Fire Marshall Bill

FTFY
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

$C
    ND
    Oklahomo
    Nebraska
    Michigan
    Bammer
    Miami
    Florida St
    The Ohio St

Not Annoying:

Warshington
    UCLA

State Penn

aTm
    Ga Tech

Annoying

DPOTW!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I enjoyed the rants. Miami is a pretty dead program. I know they were the most dominant force in college football for some long stretches, but things aren't looking good for them.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

$C
    ND
    Oklahomo
    Nebraska
    Michigan
    Bammer
    Miami
    Florida St
    The Ohio St

Not Annoying:

Warshington
    UCLA

State Penn

aTm
    Ga Tech

Annoying

imageimage
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Warshington is too high
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cal is STILL too high.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    dnc said:

I think you're underrating LSU and maybe Florida. Pretty fair list I suppose. Not sure we really belong anymore. Minnesota definitely doesn't.

Texas and LSU are big boy football schools. Slightly fucked up at times but historically much more big boy than UCLA or Washington.

Would argue Miami was a flash in the pan for about 20 years. Cortez, Thrill Hill, the Playmaker and the Blade brothers haven't been there in a generation.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Please post this on a Texas board.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Miami is a coach away from being near-immediatly relevant. They sit in the most fertile recruiting ground on the land, the aura of 'The U' still resonates, and they have legions of corrupt boosters dying to get back to the good ol' times.

Completely agree, but finding that coach is going to be tough. They are broke compared to the big programs and don't have the fan support.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The problem with Miami is even when they're great, no one gives a shit. If USC had only started being good in 1984, it would be the same deal. No one in Miami gives a shit. It's essentially a waste of a good team.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Flagged for USC at the top of the list.

I stopped reading there.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In 2015, how can Washington possibly belong on this list but not Oregon?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TTJ said:

In 2015, how can Washington possibly belong on this list but not Oregon?

Doogs gonna Doog.