Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

haie's computer game thoughts (if you are not into this shit then don't even click)

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2015 in Tug Tavern
So after reading Tequilla's posts, other posters analysing their farts, and even more posters getting into 5 page threads about which future president will suck less ass, and the fact that I'm 9 beers in, I thought I'd rant about something I'm pretty opinionated about. In other words, I'm an entitled fuck right now.

Computer/video games have taken over. If you're too old to care about that, then fuck off immediately. Nuff said on that.

I'm pretty taken back by the lack of awareness/appreciation for the Hotline Miami series by the gaming community at large. I don't have much time to play video games anymore, so if I'm going to spend money on something and put time into it on the weekends, it better be fucking good (husky football is an obvious exception).

Here's a gameplay clip for those of you who still playing faggot I-don't-get-laid games like WoW/Dota2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzTDq0eZGTk

For two poor Swedish hipsters, the developers seem to understand America more than most Americans:

In an alternate history, the Cold War turns into an actual conflict. Russia decides to invade America the in the same way the Japs tried, only they succeed. They eventually nuke San Francisco (actually awesome) and force America to surrender and let piece of shit russians come in and run things. The characters in the game sign up for "50 Blessings", a group of red-blooded Americans who refuse to give the country up to the Russians and coordinate hits on their mafia dwellings. Each character has their own concerns/motivations, and most of them end up dying by their own stubbornness/stupidity.

The game is 8-bit, although the massacres are downright cringe-worthy. The developers take the time to make a variety of different executions, including one where you pound the back of a guy's skull into the floor until it squashes like a fucking watermelon. The gore is unreal, better than most HD games. There is a definite Hitchcock effect going here as well. This game is kind of hard to play high for those reasons. I suggest you play it drunk instead.

Where the game really shines is in two ways: A) You are killed in one shot as are the Russian goons. It gives the game a certain sense of realism. However big of a hateful bigot you are toward commy russians, you would never try this shit in real life (duh). This is very refreshing considering that in most games you have some stupid life bar and can be hit multiple times before being killed. B) Both reflexes and intelligence is required. People get frustrated with the game because while you need twitch skills to kill all the mafia bitches on each floor, the shear number of enemies combined with their (mostly) consistent patrol patterns require you to figure out the "puzzle" of each floor and then execute each one of these Vodka chugging cocksuckers with precision and cunning. In "Hard Mode", if you don't figure out the exact route, weapons, and tactics to use, you will never beat the level and will walk away a failure (think OZONE at life). C) the game pulls off loneliness like no other game since Diablo. Your character puts on a mask of some sort right before entering some Miami penthouse, and it's you versus 30+ motherfuckers armed with the same weapons as you. Great setup.

I will admit the music is 100% hipster, but just turn that off, keep the sound effects, and play whatever Elton John shit you normally listen to.

The first game was runner-up game of the year (deserved), and the second game, where the developers actually had a good budget to worker with, was simply the best game I've ever played besides maybe Diablo 1 and 2. Yet it got mixed reviews because people are fucking stupid and yet gave me another reason to hate them. For 20-30$ for both games, you are a complete faggot if you like video games and don't play it. Yet at my office where 90% of my co-workers would rather play Batman games than fuck their wives, almost none of them have even heard it. It makes me dislike them as human beings.

Thanks for teh read, Go dawgs/woof/whatever, and as always, Fuck Off.

Oh yeah TL;DR version: Kill Yourself if you like video games but haven't played Hotline Miami 1/2.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

So after reading Tequilla's posts, other posters analysing their farts, and even more posters getting into 5 page threads about which future president will suck less ass, and the fact that I'm 9 beers in, I thought I'd rant about something I'm pretty opinionated about. In other words, I'm an entitled fuck right now.

Computer/video games have taken over. If you're too old to care about that, then fuck off immediately. Nuff said on that.

I'm pretty taken back by the lack of awareness/appreciation for the Hotline Miami series by the gaming community at large. I don't have much time to play video games anymore, so if I'm going to spend money on something and put time into it on the weekends, it better be fucking good (husky football is an obvious exception).

Here's a gameplay clip for those of you who still playing faggot I-don't-get-laid games like WoW/Dota2:

For two poor Swedish hipsters, the developers seem to understand America more than most Americans:

In an alternate history, the Cold War turns into an actual conflict. Russia decides to invade America the in the same way the Japs tried, only they succeed. They eventually nuke San Francisco (actually awesome) and force America to surrender and let piece of shit russians come in and run things. The characters in the game sign up for "50 Blessings", a group of red-blooded Americans who refuse to give the country up to the Russians and coordinate hits on their mafia dwellings. Each character has their own concerns/motivations, and most of them end up dying by their own stubbornness/stupidity.

The game is 8-bit, although the massacres are downright cringe-worthy. The developers take the time to make a variety of different executions, including one where you pound the back of a guy's skull into the floor until it squashes like a fucking watermelon. The gore is unreal, better than most HD games. There is a definite Hitchcock effect going here as well. This game is kind of hard to play high for those reasons. I suggest you play it drunk instead.

Where the game really shines is in two ways: A) You are killed in one shot as are the Russian goons. It gives the game a certain sense of realism. However big of a hateful bigot you are toward commy russians, you would never try this shit in real life (duh). This is very refreshing considering that in most games you have some stupid life bar and can be hit multiple times before being killed. B) Both reflexes and intelligence is required. People get frustrated with the game because while you need twitch skills to kill all the mafia bitches on each floor, the shear number of enemies combined with their (mostly) consistent patrol patterns require you to figure out the "puzzle" of each floor and then execute each one of these Vodka chugging cocksuckers with precision and cunning. In "Hard Mode", if you don't figure out the exact route, weapons, and tactics to use, you will never beat the level and will walk away a failure (think OZONE at life). C) the game pulls off loneliness like no other game since Diablo. Your character puts on a mask of some sort right before entering some Miami penthouse, and it's you versus 30+ motherfuckers armed with the same weapons as you. Great setup.

I will admit the music is 100% hipster, but just turn that off, keep the sound effects, and play whatever Elton John shit you normally listen to.

The first game was runner-up game of the year (deserved), and the second game, where the developers actually had a good budget to worker with, was simply the best game I've ever played besides maybe Diablo 1 and 2. Yet it got mixed reviews because people are fucking stupid and yet gave me another reason to hate them. For 20-30$ for both games, you are a complete faggot if you like video games and don't play it. Yet at my office where 90% of my co-workers would rather play Batman games than fuck their wives, almost none of them have even heard it. It makes me dislike them as human beings.

Oh yeah TL;DR version: Kill Yourself if you like video games but haven't played Hotline Miami 1/2.

You totally lost me here. The music is an essential part of the game.

Also, what are you basing these alleged low sales figures on? I think you are completely wrong there.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You totally lost me here. The music is an essential part of the game.

Also, what are you basing these alleged low sales figures on? I think you are completely wrong there.
    I love the music. I listen to it all the time at work. I'm just saying not to write the game off because it was made by hipsters. HM2 is a near flawless game, don't dismiss it because you don't like post-80's synth music.

As to the sales. The first game received modest sales. The devs were rewarded by the presales alone for the second game, but then the overall reviews and reactions to the game, which were a product of people sucking at life, pissed me off. The 2nd game has open levels where you can be shot off-screen. Fucking deal with it and don't suck. Don't go into a level unloading clips half-assedly and actually formulate a strategy. I'm not some Twitch TV-loser yet I beat HM2 on Hard Mode.

Also, people obviously didn't understand the story behind the 2nd game. That much was apparent.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Wut is going on here?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Actually played #1 quite a bit. It's pretty fucking hard but great game. I own #2 just haven't gotten around to playing it yet, partly due to the shitty reviews.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NOGAF about nerd games, but Awesomed anyway for the funny as fuck review. I mean, take it to the nerd bored and all, but I would read a future installment (keep the words monosyllaksjnbieic please). TIA
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Flagged for linking a bullshit game that belongs in the 1980s.

That was a terrific setup that you wasted too.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAM6mG6BWjw

This is the music I play while posting on my iPhone in the car when I'm going 90 mph on I-5 while doing blow off a hookers ass.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Great read. If you like video games play Borderlands 2. Sven is the antagonist in that game.

Pretty big gamer myself. Mostly fighting games and shooters. A ton of Borderlands 2 and Destiny lately.

Handsome Jack is the best part of BL2.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PS4 >>>> Xbox
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    haie said:

It's getting to be like Revenge of the Nerds around here.

If I remember correctly the Dota2 Pac 12 championships had a game thread on the husky bored.

That shit was awesome.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options

haie said:

It's getting to be like Revenge of the Nerds around here.

If I remember correctly the Dota2 Pac 12 championships had a game thread on the husky bored.

That shit was awesome.
    Dota 2 is better than that shit...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Leisure Suit Larry weeps.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I have no idea what is even going on past DJ's post. Is there like a gamer rosetta stone or some shit?