Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

fast food workers march for higher pay!!!!!!!!1!

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    JFC RoadDawg had a shitty take in this thread. Labor theory of value and everything.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,344
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2022

I was trying to get a reaction with my earlier post, but why does it matter to you guys if McDonald's workers want to get paid more?

Why does it matter to you if we want to comment on it?
    It doesn't at all. I'm just curious why it bothers some of you so much.

Why? Because people who have invested zero in their own future and those who repeatedly make poor decisions which fuck up their lives and those of their offspring will never be contributing members of society. Its like when I am at a stop light and see a perfectly capable and physically fit young person begging on the corner while holding the proverbial "I AM HOMELESS AND HUNGRY" sign. If they aren't going to contribute, give any effort and make good decisions, why should I care about them when they clearly don't care?

Flipping burgers is a dead end job. Minimal requirements are necessary in order work there. One should never be demanding more money at a dead end job.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I was trying to get a reaction with my earlier post, but why does it matter to you guys if McDonald's workers want to get paid more?

Why does it matter to you if we want to comment on it?
    It doesn't at all. I'm just curious why it bothers some of you so much.

Why? Because people who have invested zero in their own future and those who repeatedly make poor decisions which fuck up their lives and those of their offspring will never be contributing members of society. Its like when I am at a stop light and see a perfectly capable and physically fit young person begging on the corner while holding the proverbial "I AM HOMELESS AND HUNGRY" sign. If they aren't going to contribute, give any effort and make good decisions, why should I care about them when they clearly don't care?

Flipping burgers is a dead end job. Minimal requirements are necessary in order work there. One should never be demanding more money at a dead end job.
    I generally agree. Really tired of newspaper and local news reports on some tragic homeless family. Usually starts with, "The family problems began when the husband lost his job". Like for what? Absenteeism? Showing up drunk? Stealing? I realize that some are jobless because of some circumstances outside of their control, but not every phucking time? I have seen a woman and her two kids begging in the Fred Meyer parking lot when it was 95 degrees and the fat husband was wearing a wife beater shirt and was sleeping their car next to where they were begging.

There really aren't any dead end jobs. Burger flipping is an entry level job. Not hard to get to be an assistant manager, then move on from there. Show up on time, take additional shifts, work hard, pay attention and move on up the ladder. Plenty of Home Depot millionaires that started work as a stock boy back in the day. If you don't want to be better, you won't.