Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hey Wow - Our Gun Laws Don't Work!

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
But we knew that already. Dylann Roofie is just another data point in the series.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/11/us/background-check-flaw-let-dylann-roof-buy-gun-fbi-says.html?_r=0

I kind of hope people in whatever jail in SC he's in are fucking with him about getting the Confederate flag removed from the statehouse grounds. "Nice job, asshole."

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Pretty easy solution to this. Get rid of the three day rule, and wait until an investigation is complete.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Pretty easy solution to this. Get rid of the three day rule, and wait until an investigation is complete.

So... issue no permits, no guns sold, problem solved?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    What a dumb fuck. He knows he can't buy a gun. Why didn't he just go to a private seller and buy a gun? No background checks there.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    South Carolina is a sanctuary city for illegal guns

Why isn't anyone asking where that fuck in SF got his gun?
    Wasn't it an FBI issued weapon as id'd by the serial number?

Obviously, dozen's now know who this gun was issued to. Why don't we? Then we can get to the "why"... THEN we can move to the cover up.

Knee pad owners will all focus on gun laws.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    I knew Obama was behind this
    Yes, moar Government is ALWAYS the right answer.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    If you can't believe in God, government is the next best thing

You completely misinterpreted what I was saying. Sell the man his gun once an investigation is complete. How hard is that to understand?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

You completely misinterpreted what I was saying. Sell the man his gun once an investigation is complete. How hard is that to understand?
    and with no deadline, a gun hater such as yourself could arbitrarily block any/all background checks.

How hard is that to understand?
    edited July 2015

and with no deadline, a gun hater such as yourself could arbitrarily block any/all background checks.

I actually love guns and I'm an avid duck hunter. I'm just for felons and lunatics having to work a little harder to get guns. You are implying that there will be arbitrary delays which would be an absolute infringement on 2nd amendment rights. If you have a clean record there wouldn't be a delay.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309

I actually love guns and I'm an avid duck hunter. I'm just for felons and lunatics having to work a little harder to get guns. You are implying that there will be arbitrary delays which would be an absolute infringement on 2nd amendment rights. If you have a clean record there wouldn't be a delay.
    I like to think a government process doesn't need a deadline because it'll happen so fast.
    I think, you are a lunatic(not really). I have a signature on a piece of paper with a checked box to prove it.
    brchco12 said:

I like to think a government process doesn't need a deadline because it'll happen so fast.
    My Visa card gets approved instantly, anywhere on the planet.

Imagine if I had to wait 3 days.
    edited July 2015

brchco12 said:

My Visa card gets approved instantly, anywhere on the planet.

Imagine if I had to wait 3 days.
    The investigation occurred because his application got flagged. In this case it was because of a drug arrest. Again, if you don't have any felony arrests, you won't have a delay. If your felony arrest is causing a delay, then don't get arrested for felonies. If you fuck up, you get consequences, and this happens to be one of them.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

South Carolina is a sanctuary city for illegal guns

Why isn't anyone asking where that fuck in SF got his gun?

Because it was reported that it was a federal agent's lost weapon in the 2nd sentence.

Do you even open the links?