Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fain's metamorphosis to the new Gasman is finally complete.

Says the Mariners are playing really well. Its just not showing up in the win-loss column yet.

No need to get down on the team. They're trying really hard.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doog Fain has been Doog Fain for a long time.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Says the Mariners are playing really well. Its just not showing up in the win-loss column yet.

If you can't see that the pen and ability to get hits with runners in scoring position is at massive levels of failure, then I've got a plunger for you.

That being said, just about everything that COULD go wrong for them at this point of the season IS going wrong for them. The Mariners are also only 2 games behind the Angels for 1st ... which is the team that is the most legit contender with the Mariners for the AL West title (Astros will still do well to get to .500).
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    there are times when that excuse actually applies, this is not one of them.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If you can't see that the pen and ability to get hits with runners in scoring position is at massive levels of failure, then I've got a plunger for you.

That being said, just about everything that COULD go wrong for them at this point of the season IS going wrong for them. The Mariners are also only 2 games behind the Angels for 1st ... which is the team that is the most legit contender with the Mariners for the AL West title (Astros will still do well to get to .500).
    I like to be TequillaFS and pretend that the Mariners and Angels are somehow legitimate teams while mocking the Astros.

I do that.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I like to be TequillaFS and pretend that the Mariners and Angels are somehow legitimate teams while mocking the Astros.

I do that.
    The Astros aren't winning the division ... take all the screenshots you need.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I do that.
    Someone has to win this colossal fucking dreckfest. The only team that has been eliminated so far is Seattle.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I do that.
    Someone has to win this colossal fucking dreckfest. The only team that has been eliminated so far is Seattle Texas.
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I do that.
    Someone has to win this colossal fucking dreckfest. The only team that has been eliminated so far is Seattle Texas.
    Fixed that for you
    Moogs hate facts:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/
  • Options
    17% of the season has been played ... that's nothing at this point.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

Say 95 wins?

I think I've already said that 95 is probably unrealistic ... but I wouldn't say 90 is out of the question.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

17% of the season has been played ... that's nothing at this point.

Hi. The season was over when 0% of the season had been played.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Say 95 wins?

I think I've already said that 95 is probably unrealistic ... but I wouldn't say 90 is out of the question.
    Last year's prediction was an example of every doog having their day.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited May 2015
    shocked you haven't received a flagging by boobs for listening to fain yet. It's deserved
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2015
    Tequilla said:

Seattle is dead fucking last in the worst division in baseball, 7.5 games back with less than 30 games played. They have the 4th worst record in baseball. Yet you say "The Mariners are only 2 games behind the Angels for 1st".

Add in the dreaded "just about everything that COULD go wrong for them at this point of the season IS going wrong for them".....

@Jesus_H_Christ, you sound like a fucking coog.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Seattle is dead fucking last in the worst division in baseball, 7.5 games back with less than 30 games played. They have the 4th worst record in baseball. Yet you say "The Mariners are only 2 games behind the Angels for 1st".

Add in the dreaded "just about everything that COULD go wrong for them at this point of the season IS going wrong for them".....

The Astros are in 1st right now because they had a 10 game winning streak. They will have a lengthy losing streak to counteract it at some point. They have exactly 2 SPs that are worth a damn ... everything else is fucking terrible with their rotation. Before the year I said that they looked like a .500 team to me and I'm standing by that.

The Angels are the team in the West that is the main competition for the division ... that has never changed. Oakland is more or less a .500 team as well and were never expected to be more or less than that this year. Texas is dreck.

The Mariners are 6-7 right now in 1 run games. These are the kind of games that the team is built for winning. At this point only 2-3 relief pitchers you'd look at and say that you're comfortable where they are at at this point. Which is saying something because this is supposed to be a strength of the roster. The pitching in general is good enough to go on an 8-2 run at any point in time if they simply regress to the mean. Offensively Cruz is overperforming but everybody else is underperforming. That should also result in a regression to the mean. I still don't see a reason why they can't get to 90 wins. They were 13-15 after 28 games last year and won 87. They are just 2 games behind the pace that they sat last year.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

shocked you haven't received a flagging by boobs for listening to fain yet. It's deserved

Sorry for the oversight.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

The Astros are in 1st right now because they had a 10 game winning streak. They will have a lengthy losing streak to counteract it at some point. They have exactly 2 SPs that are worth a damn ... everything else is fucking terrible with their rotation. Before the year I said that they looked like a .500 team to me and I'm standing by that.

The Angels are the team in the West that is the main competition for the division ... that has never changed. Oakland is more or less a .500 team as well and were never expected to be more or less than that this year. Texas is dreck.

The Mariners are 6-7 right now in 1 run games. These are the kind of games that the team is built for winning. At this point only 2-3 relief pitchers you'd look at and say that you're comfortable where they are at at this point. Which is saying something because this is supposed to be a strength of the roster. The pitching in general is good enough to go on an 8-2 run at any point in time if they simply regress to the mean. Offensively Cruz is overperforming but everybody else is underperforming. That should also result in a regression to the mean. I still don't see a reason why they can't get to 90 wins. They were 13-15 after 28 games last year and won 87. They are just 2 games behind the pace that they sat last year.
    I like to be TequillaFS and say that a team with 2 SPs is somehow worse than the Mariners.

I do that.
  • Options
    One way or another this thread will have plenty of screenshots