Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

M4Dicks Reporting that Vernon Adams Transferring to UO

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Will be on campus this weekend

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Who is this dicks character?
  • Options
    I really like Adams, just curious to see how he fits in that system. I'd be nervous about him running, and he is a real gunslinger. Could be really good, or could go not do well.... Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It will depend if the Vernon Adams of the UW game or the Vernon Adams of some of the other games shows up
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    If he comes it can only help the QB competition this spring
  • Options

It will depend if the Vernon Adams of the UW game or the Vernon Adams of some of the other games shows up

Exactly what I mean. Really emotional player, plus the cramping thing is a real issue. But he is a baller at times.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to see him show up at Montlake even though UW isn't actually at Montlake
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm not sure about the guaranteed final 4 spot, but with Adams they are definitely prohibitive pac-12 favorites again.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2015
    He is going to inherit one hell of a wr and rb core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZRL9I6Hzw
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    If he only has cramps once a month, why is that such a big deal? Pretty sure Midol can help with that.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Basically we just got the Mariota of D-1AA ball. Hard to be upset about that. At the very least the guys already on the roster will have someone to look up to with a great work ethic like that islander that wore #8.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2015

Mosster47 said:

Basically we just got the Mariota of D-1AA ball. Hard to be upset about that. At the very least the guys already on the roster will have someone to look up to with a great work ethic like that islander that wore #8.

Yep. Lost in the playoffs
    Anybody watching that game knows we lost that game, due to lack of depth on the D-line and what will later be looked at as the worst set of linebackers to ever be apart of the college football playoffs.

Which I'll take credit for saying that all along. Up until that title game, Mariota won despite those weaknesses. We witnessed that you can't win championships with a WAC level D-line playing behind Buckner and Armstead, and Big Sky level linebackers.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

Anybody watching that game knows we lost that game, due to lack of depth on the D-line and what will later be looked at as the worst set of linebackers to ever be apart of the college football playoffs.

Which I'll take credit for saying that all along. Up until that title game, Mariota won despite those weaknesses. We witnessed that you can't win championships with a WAC level D-line playing behind Buckner and Armstead, and Big Sky level linebackers.
    Welcome back
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Mosster47 said:

Welcome back
    I really wanted to last the entire month, but I'm still a degenerate. I just can't quit this place
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

You also learned why you don't recruit wide receivers that have stumps for hands. I'm guessing Carrington is the only guy who can roll a joint in that group....wait...
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Mosster47 said:

You also learned why you don't recruit wide receivers that have stumps for hands. I'm guessing Carrington is the only guy who can roll a joint in that group....wait...

How good is the average team's 5th and 6th WR's? Out of what was supposed to be Addison, Lowe, Allen, and Carrington with some Pharaoh Brown sprinkled in ended up being one of those guys in the title game.

To piggy back on greenblood the LB's really were bad. Since football was invented Hardrick is easily the worst interior LB the Ducks have started and that includes Vandiver and Haberly who were both walk-ons. The guy doesn't play with a lot of heart like a Kevin Mitchell, or a lot of brains like a Casey Matthews, or a ton of ability like a Kiko Alonso, or all of those things combined like Peter Sirmon. He's just overweight, slow on reads, not very strong, and looks like one guy trying to cover 7 in pass coverage.

Malone wasn't ridiculously horrible, but compared to the guys he was following like Kaddu, Paysinger, BoLo, and Stuckey he was a pretty huge downgrade.

Either Chinander recruits some guys and makes the position better or door.ass.out. After two seasons it's not looking very promising.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Mosster47 said:

Those drops hurt no doubt. But you don't lose a game by 22 with a 4-0 advantage in the turnover battle (The last pick was the last play of the game, so that doesn't count) because of two bad drops.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Anybody watching that game who isn't a Qook knows it was a categorical ass kicking after the first drive. Couldn't protect Mariota, couldnt rush the 12gage, couldn't get open, couldn't tackle, nothing.

Ohio State gave up 4 or 5 turnovers and still completely boat raced the ducks. Get a clue.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Anybody watching that game who isn't a Qook knows it was a categorical ass kicking after the first drive. Couldn't protect Mariota, couldnt rush the 12gage, couldn't get open, couldn't tackle, nothing.

Ohio State gave up 4 or 5 turnovers and still completely boat raced the ducks. Get a clue.
    Oregon got boat raced, I absolutely agree. But, 3 of those 4 turnovers were basically glorified punts. One gave us the ball near their redzone, but two of them were inside our own 20, and the other I think was a pick near our own 30. Oregon had receivers open, hell, Mariota threw for over 300 yards. The lack of a pass rush and horrible tackling supports my argument that you saw the worst set of linebackers Oregon has had since the early 2000's, and absolutely zero depth on the D-Line.