Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pacquiao/Mayweather

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,532
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12036656/manny-pacquiao-tells-floyd-mayweather-jr-give-fans-fight-want

Boxing is fucking dead and this won't bring it back. Back to watching MMA guys dry hump each other in the ground and pound for 5 minutes at a time.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The fans wanted that fight ten years ago. Now, who gives a fuck.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    I think UFC's popularity is plummeting right along with boxing. I could be wrong though. I hate UFC. It sucks.

I'll watch this fight. There has been enough hype about it over the years, that I have some interest. I don't really like Mayweather fights though. He's an entertaining character and a great fighter, but his style sucks.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,532
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes I wish the UFC would just stand the guys up and make them fight. But that would be boxing. Or they could take the gloves off and go back to the no rules UFC where people die in the ring.

I think I'll stick with watching LiveLeak videos for now.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Sometimes I wish the UFC would just stand the guys up and make them fight. But that would be boxing. Or they could take the gloves off and go back to the no rules UFC where people die in the ring.

I think I'll stick with watching LiveLeak videos for now.

Old School Pride was knarly. No weight classes, just two badasses trying to murder each other. Pretty much zero rules when I guy hit the turf. This video is full of curb stomps you'll never see anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHYAa65Hzs
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I love watching the sweet science when it is good ...

Problem with mayweather fights is that you can't hit him and while he will pick spots to hurt you he has no reason to ever trade or push the action because his defense is so good.

While I can appreciate his great defense, it isn't particularly exciting ... That being said I will be watching this fight
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UFC is watered down, which is exactly what it wasn't when it rose to prominence(so to speak). Now they try and put on so many cards, and guys get hurt, that nobody can follow who the fuck is fighting.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Boxing - Nothing more exciting than a good fight, nothing worse than a bad one. Is it just me, or has there not been a really compelling match-up in years?

I like Pacquiao a lot because he FIGHTS. Old school kind of guy and a better singing voice than even KrisVashonFS. If the bout actually happens, and Mayweather doesn't pussy out, I hope Manny beats the living crap out of him. Hard to do that because Mayweather is so darn hard to hit. Oh, as a human being Floyd is also a piece of shit, but I digress.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    UFC is all about who has the harder head. Those guys have zero skills except for maybe 3% of them. Whoever can take more punches to the head wins. It seems like all the cards now feature washed up fighters. Is the "talent pool" that washed up?
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UFC is all about who has the harder head. Those guys have zero skills except for maybe 3% of them. Whoever can take more punches to the head wins. It seems like all the cards now feature washed up fighters. Is the "talent pool" that washed up?

Talent pool is currently the deepest it has ever been in UFC history. And not sure what you mean by zero skills. The MMA fighting game has evolved so much over the last 10 years. Some of the great names of the sport would have a hard time dominating vs. the current roster.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I use to love the UFC until a couple years ago, now it is so stale. Once Penn and Anderson started their decline is she it sort of faded for me because the sport became way too technical aka boring. Now every fighter has a background in wrestling and know BJJ well enough to not get submitted. The point system needs to go back to PRIDE days with yellow cards and such.

Even the stand up kind of sucks now. Guys fight way too cautiously because one bad fight means their paycheck could go away so most have the same boring shitty conservative game plan.

There are still some epic fights every now and then though. Dos Santos and Moicic just had a bloodbath. Lawler and Hendricks was great. Jon Jones vs Gustaffson Etc.

I really only watch now when a fighter I enjoy is fighting. Really pumped about the Anderson vs Nick Diaz fight as they are two of my favorite fighters currently.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Some of the best boxing matches to watch aren't the PPV ones but the ones that you'll find on HBO or Showtime featuring guys either working their way to the top or just below the top of the PPV level that are hungry to get one of those fights that will find them on PPV.