Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The U part 2

13»

Comments

• JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,033

How the fuck is Shalala still the president?

are you fucking kidding me?

that ugly little bitch knows how to get shit done.

first of all, she's a fucking money printing machine. they have raised a TON of $$ under her watch. also, the academic standing of the university (not popular here but that is, admittedly, her main job) has soared. AND, most importantly to our collective moral code, she fucking stared down, and wound up OWNING, eye-liner Emmert and the NCAA and got that thing wrapped up well in UM's favor.
    Yeah, but still
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I remember when Butch turned North Carolina into a power house too!!!

Here's the truth about Butch Davis: He had two good recruiting classes that someone else won with. End resume.

It's funny to watch all this dooging for mediocre. That's the best defense talent wise you've had since 1991 and you finished 8th. Remember how long it took Chip kelly to turn Oregon around? They went from a shit show blowout loss to BYU to being the best team in the country in one off-season when he was the fucking OC! Great coaches do great things with talent, period.

Butch can flat out fucking recruit. Doing at Miami, even at that level, is one thing. But making UNC one of the most talented teams in the country is an entirely different matter, and really drives home the point.

Game day coach? There have been plenty better. But when it comes to recruiting I've not seen anyone do what he did at those two stops.

Who gives a shit? Lane Kiffy can recruit like a mother fucker too, but he's a terrible coach. So, should a program hire Butch for two years then can him for a football coach? Using Butch Davis as a reason why you are mediocre is to say you're expecting to underachieve, but Peterman won't recruit anywhere near the level Butch would.

I think you all need to LIPO. As of right now you finished 8th with a historically talented defense, which isn't impressive in any way. That's all you or anyone else knows. No reason to be excited or to be too down.

Who? Me. I give a shit.

You can scheme and shit all you want, but in the long run, if you want the SERIOUS hardware, you need the horses.

There have been plenty of staffs with less than brilliant game day guys at HC who get it done with the right coordinators. Booby Bowden comes to mind. Clearly not a member of the chess club growing up, but that old fucker could recruit and he was smart enough to hire people smarter than he was to run the offense, defense and specials.

everyone who knows anything about FSU knows that it started to unravel for Booby (albeit after like a billion years) when his long-time coordinators started leaving for head coaching jobs ... particularly when he lost Richt and Damato. Those two were integral for him.

But it all starts with the right players.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Here's the truth about Butch Davis: He had two good recruiting classes that someone else won with. End resume.

It's funny to watch all this dooging for mediocre. That's the best defense talent wise you've had since 1991 and you finished 8th. Remember how long it took Chip kelly to turn Oregon around? They went from a shit show blowout loss to BYU to being the best team in the country in one off-season when he was the fucking OC! Great coaches do great things with talent, period.

Butch can flat out fucking recruit. Doing at Miami, even at that level, is one thing. But making UNC one of the most talented teams in the country is an entirely different matter, and really drives home the point.

Game day coach? There have been plenty better. But when it comes to recruiting I've not seen anyone do what he did at those two stops.

Who gives a shit? Lane Kiffy can recruit like a mother fucker too, but he's a terrible coach. So, should a program hire Butch for two years then can him for a football coach? Using Butch Davis as a reason why you are mediocre is to say you're expecting to underachieve, but Peterman won't recruit anywhere near the level Butch would.

I think you all need to LIPO. As of right now you finished 8th with a historically talented defense, which isn't impressive in any way. That's all you or anyone else knows. No reason to be excited or to be too down.

Who? Me. I give a shit.

You can scheme and shit all you want, but in the long run, if you want the SERIOUS hardware, you need the horses.

There have been plenty of staffs with less than brilliant game day guys at HC who get it done with the right coordinators. Booby Bowden comes to mind. Clearly not a member of the chess club growing up, but that old fucker could recruit and he was smart enough to hire people smarter than he was to run the offense, defense and specials.

everyone who knows anything about FSU knows that it started to unravel for Booby (albeit after like a billion years) when his long-time coordinators started leaving for head coaching jobs ... particularly when he lost Richt and Damato. Those two were integral for him.

Bobby Bowden, Bob Stoops, and Jim Tressel. ALWAYS there, rarely do anything about it. You have to be able to coach your talent or you just end up winning your shitty conference when it is down and getting clown raped when you play the big kid from the next block over.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,529 Swaye's Wigwam
    No one gives a fuck about Miami anymore
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Who? Me. I give a shit.

Truer words are seldom spoken. Mickey Andrews was also "integral for him", and deserves big time credit for some outstanding defenses.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter
    FSU simply cheats better.

I think you do.

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Who? Me. I give a shit.

Truer words are seldom spoken. Mickey Andrews was also "integral for him", and deserves big time credit for some outstanding defenses.
    Yes forgot about him. Very true.
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Who? Me. I give a shit.

Bobby Bowden, Bob Stoops, and Jim Tressel. ALWAYS there, rarely do anything about it. You have to be able to coach your talent or you just end up winning your shitty conference when it is down and getting clown raped when you play the big kid from the next block over.
    Dood. U whooshing me?

Bowden won two titles and was a field goal kicker away from 4 or more others.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,529 Swaye's Wigwam

I think you do.
    No.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,033
    Would love to see a renewal of the UW-Miami series. What a cool little rivalry for the Huskies, man.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Gladstone said:

Just finished watching it, amazing. 30 for 30 is a godsend of a show. Would love to see them do UW football from James hiring onward through the upper campus betrayal and Willingham driving the stake into the heart of the program.

when you get kicked in the balls do you like to get kicked again?

Fuck that. I lived it. My liver remembers...