Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PLSS' s 6-team playoff model..

puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
It's already time to scratch this fuckerd-up 4-team playoff. It's a comedy show and completely illogical. Transparent? About as much as Osama's promise of transparency.

It worked about as well as the BCS. It got lucky this year, and only because the big12 didnt have a conference championship game. BOWLsby missed out on playoff tender, and so is already at work drafting a request for waiver from the NCAA for a 10-team conference championship game.

So next year there will be 5 teams and 4 slots. BOWLsby will not miss out on playoff tender again, so who misses then? Washington next year or the following?

Its really simple fucktardos-- a 6-team playoff (As the stuffy white academics dont like the sound of 8). Shove that up their puckers, even though it takes the same number of weeks. But it makes better sense than 8 games and here's why.

There now exists a "new-years 6". Stick with that slogan-title. 5 conference champs, 5 slots. Force the Irish to fully join the ACC or play the ACC champ in the conference championship game. Then give the sixth to a Non Power 5 team like Boise State or BYU. THEN EVERY FUCKING BODY is happy and its 100% fucking fair and all things are equal. Hallelujah!

The winner of #1 vs #6 gets a bye while #2-#5 sorts itself out in 2 games. Its ONLY 1 EXTRA GAME YOU DEAF AND BLIND acedemic ass smootchers. If #6 beats #1 theyve earned it. Then the polls are relevant, the committee, metrics etc...#1 will really mean something. SOS will be most HEAVILY weighed factor for that #1ranking. No more SEC or Baylor cuntcakes out-of-conference.

Chew on that my bitches.

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I would ask if you came up with that on your own... but I can tell you did.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I assume the SEC was left out but I couldn't really tell
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I assume the SEC was left out but I couldn't really tell

I think he wanted 1 v 6 to guarantee one SEC team in the title game.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

So if #6 beats #1, they get a bye over 4 teams that finished ahead of them. I don't think this theory has any legs.

PLSS logic
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

So if #6 beats #1, they get a bye over 4 teams that finished ahead of them. I don't think this theory has any legs.

I need something better than Awesome for this post.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I endorse a 6 team playoff system but have a few modifications:

1) P5 conference winners get a spot at the table provided that they meet minimum qualifications (this takes away the scenario where you have a 7-5 team win a conference title game)

2) Remaining spot(s) belong to either a non Power 5 school or ND finishing in the Top 8 of the polls at the end of the season. If these spots aren't filled by this metric, then it goes to the highest rated team(s) in the end of the year rankings at the end of the season for non-conference winners. This avoids situations where you have a 1-loss team like TCU (or Mississippi St if they would have not lost to Ole Miss) whose only loss is to a team that won the division/conference ahead of them.

3) Top 2 teams get byes AND host the National Semifinal games.. The byes are determined based on SOS and the views of the Selection Committee. This further enhances the importance of the regular season. Committee membership needs to be balanced based on Conference ties. For example, you can't have 4 members in the Committee with Big 10 ties and 1 with PAC ties.

If you aren't in the Top 8, you have no reason to complain about not being in the National Championship picture. If you think you have a team good enough to play for it all, you'll schedule accordingly. If you don't, you won't and will be happy with the bowl games as they currently stand. Moreover, as this will ENCOURAGE the best teams to play each other, you'll have more instances where teams play themselves in/out of the picture. Generally speaking, it will be far more difficult to complain about the last team in the picture (if there isn't another automatic qualifier).
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

I endorse a 6 team playoff system but have a few modifications:

1) P5 conference winners get a spot at the table provided that they meet minimum qualifications (this takes away the scenario where you have a 7-5 team win a conference title game)

2) Remaining spot(s) belong to either a non Power 5 school or ND finishing in the Top 8 of the polls at the end of the season. If these spots aren't filled by this metric, then it goes to the highest rated team(s) in the end of the year rankings at the end of the season for non-conference winners. This avoids situations where you have a 1-loss team like TCU (or Mississippi St if they would have not lost to Ole Miss) whose only loss is to a team that won the division/conference ahead of them.

3) Top 2 teams get byes AND host the National Semifinal games.. The byes are determined based on SOS and the views of the Selection Committee. This further enhances the importance of the regular season. Committee membership needs to be balanced based on Conference ties. For example, you can't have 4 members in the Committee with Big 10 ties and 1 with PAC ties.

If you aren't in the Top 8, you have no reason to complain about not being in the National Championship picture. If you think you have a team good enough to play for it all, you'll schedule accordingly. If you don't, you won't and will be happy with the bowl games as they currently stand. Moreover, as this will ENCOURAGE the best teams to play each other, you'll have more instances where teams play themselves in/out of the picture. Generally speaking, it will be far more difficult to complain about the last team in the picture (if there isn't another automatic qualifier).

That's an awesome idea..........until teams 7 and 8 complain, then it's not. Hell, basketball even has it's "snubs" for the tourney, at 68 teams. College basketball has even discussed further expansion for crying out loud.

4 teams is perfect. It allows for one mess up, and if you really are a good team, you can beat the shit out of everyone else aka: Alabama, and Oregon and leave little doubt that you belong. If not, then I guess you weren't good enough. If team #65 (acutally 69) complains in basketball at what point will this nonsense continue in football. Shut Pandora's box up now and for good. If you're not in the top 4, then you aren't worthy. That simple.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PLSS, why are you so stuck on UW getting left out? I'll worry about it if we ever get there. We're not even close to that point.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    If only we didn't have this figured out already. If only there were some sort of example then we wouldn't have to figure it out from scratch......

ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club
    Have the #1 and #6 seeds play for the SEC Championship. Winner advances to national title game. Seeds 2-5 fight it out to determine who plays the SEC winner.

There you go cunt cake.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

PLSS, why are you so stuck on UW getting left out? I'll worry about it if we ever get there. We're not even close to that point.

Not even an invite to the CBI version of this thing at this point.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Come on we all know it needs to be done.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good thing we kept this retard around.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    And who will attend these games?

Answer carefully.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Answer carefully.

Played at the schools. So home team fans will go....again..if only we had a model for an ncaa football play off.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

TTJ said:

Answer carefully.

Played at the schools. So home team fans will go....again..if only we had a model for an ncaa football play off.
    This is probably the least worst option. But just wait for the bitch-storm that follows this "solution" to bowl-era controversies (which actually add texture and fun).
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You could have a 6 team Playoff. Just not the fucktarded way of the OP's method.

#1 and #2 get byes.

#3 plays #6 to with the winner playing the 1 seed.

#4 plays #5 with the winner playing the 2 seed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Answer carefully.

This is probably the least worst option. But just wait for the bitch-storm that follows this "solution" to bowl-era controversies (which actually add texture and fun).
    Fuck the bowls. Eventually the bowls will go away. It will take a few years for people to release their emotional attachment to them, but eventually time will erode the memory and as a true playoff emerges they just won't have the significance to the point they won't generate enough revenue. We will have lost a great piece or our history and tradition, but as long as the kids and recruits love it then I'm ok with it. Bowls will exist as an the NIT of football