Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today's date in UW-UO history.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
On 10/16/07, ToddTurnerFS said:
"What people need to understand is that this is a very, very difficult rebuilding job...Maybe as difficult as any in the country for a number of reasons...The kids are not the same...They've got a different level of commitment and focus and determination. Our biggest challenge is to try to field teams that look like Southern Cal or Cal or Oregon or Ohio State, and we've got some work to do there...I'm as disappointed as anybody when we lose a game. But you have to look at the big picture, and the big picture is vastly improved...In my mind, I think the one thing that is most critical for us is recruiting and trying to find players for our program that look like the players we are playing against, and have a lot of them that are fast, big and strong and talented...And I've got to look too and see, what have we done to help? Have we created the environment here that can compete with Oregon and USC and Ohio State? [Recruits] are young and impressionable kids, and if we are not doing the right things as a university that give us a level playing field in recruiting against those people, we are going to struggle. But the one thing you can rest assured is we are not going to cut corners. We are going to do it the right way."
Although it reads like DFI satire, TTSF actually said this shit.

Comments