Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark will Sark; Plus Random Thoughts on a Wonderful Saturday of Football

2»

Comments

• VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    Oh I agree.....I think this is one of many plungerings to follow.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Is it possible that Mora has a lot of Sark in him with just a lot more substance? His teams honestly never seem THAT impressive from a coaching standpoint.

He's better than Sark, but he's not a championship coach. Maybe he can get enough talent to win a Pac 12 championship, but it will never consistently happen with him as coach. Mora would be better off being a CEO and motivator. I think he does have some really good qualities as a coach, but something is missing. His defensive scheme is flawed. It hasn't worked yet at UCLA even as the talent has gotten better. It mostly sucked in the NFL too.
    That's pretty much the TL, DR version of what I said
    It was one paragraph, expanding on your point. TL, DR version would have been 5 paragraphs with bullet points going from the topic, to a bunch of bullshit, then back to the topic. A poster at Hardcore Husky with a hard alcohol handle is the master of TL, DR posts. He really has them dialed in.
    You realize that I was equal parts whooshing you and me in my post?

http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/keep-calm-and-chillax-72/
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Is it possible that Mora has a lot of Sark in him with just a lot more substance? His teams honestly never seem THAT impressive from a coaching standpoint.

He's better than Sark, but he's not a championship coach. Maybe he can get enough talent to win a Pac 12 championship, but it will never consistently happen with him as coach. Mora would be better off being a CEO and motivator. I think he does have some really good qualities as a coach, but something is missing. His defensive scheme is flawed. It hasn't worked yet at UCLA even as the talent has gotten better. It mostly sucked in the NFL too.
    That's pretty much the TL, DR version of what I said
    It was one paragraph, making a point instead of asking an ambiguous question about Mora "having Sark in him, but with more substance." TL, DR version would have been 5 paragraphs with bullet points going from the topic, to a bunch of bullshit, then back to the topic. A poster at Hardcore Husky with a hard alcohol handle is the master of TL, DR posts. He really has them dialed in.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 941
    A little heavy on the hyperbole, but good read Coke Feces Throat Boat
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,357 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

At this point, can anybody reasonably conclude that Mora is an elite coach?

It would seem that he's definitely an above average coach ... but for example, using another UCLA coach, is he that much different than what Terry Donahue accomplished at UCLA?

Terry Donahue was an awesome coach. He had a winning record vs. Don James.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

At this point, can anybody reasonably conclude that Mora is an elite coach?

It would seem that he's definitely an above average coach ... but for example, using another UCLA coach, is he that much different than what Terry Donahue accomplished at UCLA?

Terry Donahue was an awesome coach. He had a winning record vs. Don James.
    5 conference titles. 3-1 in the Rose Bowl