Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark will Sark; Plus Random Thoughts on a Wonderful Saturday of Football

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
imageSark will Sark; Plus Random Thoughts on a Wonderful Saturday of Football

CokeGreaterThanPepsi was as happy as a Razorback in slop last Saturday with so many great games taking place.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    decent, but missing that tweak to my nether parts to close me.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Is it possible that Mora has a lot of Sark in him with just a lot more substance? His teams honestly never seem THAT impressive from a coaching standpoint.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Is it possible that Mora has a lot of Sark in him with just a lot more substance? His All UCLA teams honestly never seem THAT impressive from a coaching any standpoint.

FTFY

UCLA is the school that always does less with more.

Every year they underachieve despite having the best recruiting classes in the west outside of USC.

It's not Mora's fault... I think UCLA is destined to underachieve for whatever reason.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    Are you suggesting that the Mora implosion has begun?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    FREE PUB!!

Fuck off
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I'm not suggesting the implosion is imminent. However, he sure has surrounded himself with some pretty awful coaches.

I already pointed out Klemm and Noel Mazzone in the article, but I will go on. Noel's son, Taylor, is the QB coach at UCLA. Hundley has really not improved that much in his time at UCLA, and one of the worst things I see from Hundley is his accuracy on simple throws. Also, whenever he is pressured he immediately looks down, instead of sliding in the pocket and keeping his eyes down field. That is pretty basic coaching, but when your Offensive coordinator is awful and his son is coaching the QB's, that might be the result you will get.

Demetrice Martin is their DB coach...........

Offensively they just aren't that good, and defensively they aren't that good. Not trying to bash Mora, just that pointing out that they currently have, and have had major flaws. Don't go twisting.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    At this point, can anybody reasonably conclude that Mora is an elite coach?

It would seem that he's definitely an above average coach ... but for example, using another UCLA coach, is he that much different than what Terry Donahue accomplished at UCLA?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

At this point, can anybody reasonably conclude that Mora is an elite coach?

It would seem that he's definitely an above average coach ... but for example, using another UCLA coach, is he that much different than what Terry Donahue accomplished at UCLA?

Donahue was a fantastic coach. Mora has a ways to go to get to that point.

I don't remember anyone ever claiming Mora was an elite coach. The argument was always that he had elite potential with a Neuheisel floor. He's clearly surpassed the floor already, ways to go to reach the ceiling.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Is it possible that Mora has a lot of Sark in him with just a lot more substance? His teams honestly never seem THAT impressive from a coaching standpoint.

He's better than Sark, but he's not a championship coach. Maybe he can get enough talent to win a Pac 12 championship, but it will never consistently happen with him as coach. Mora would be better off being a CEO and motivator. I think he does have some really good qualities as a coach, but something is missing. His defensive scheme is flawed. It hasn't worked yet at UCLA even as the talent has gotten better. It mostly sucked in the NFL too.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

GRAA

I'm assuming GRAA in your case stands for: Geronimo Raids All Assholes
    Axxe PGOS

Tequilla said:

He's better than Sark, but he's not a championship coach. Maybe he can get enough talent to win a Pac 12 championship, but it will never consistently happen with him as coach. Mora would be better off being a CEO and motivator. I think he does have some really good qualities as a coach, but something is missing. His defensive scheme is flawed. It hasn't worked yet at UCLA even as the talent has gotten better. It mostly sucked in the NFL too.
    That's pretty much the TL, DR version of what I said
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2014
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's pretty much the TL, DR version of what I said
    It was one paragraph, expanding on your point. TL, DR version would have been 5 paragraphs with bullet points going from the topic, to a bunch of bullshit, then back to the topic. A poster at Hardcore Husky with a hard alcohol handle is the master of TL, DR posts. He really has them dialed in.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    Yesterday I read an article on the Scout USC board. Sark was pinned to the lab table, dissected, and burned in the incinerator. I then watch his Monday interview....there was not a smile or inkling of one on his face and you could tell he has been plungered in private as bad as in public. I hate 3DB as a coach but even I cringed at what he has got himself into.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    Vegasdawg said:

Yesterday I read an article on the Scout USC board. Sark was pinned to the lab table, dissected, and burned in the incinerator. I then watch his Monday interview....there was not a smile or inkling of one on his face and you could tell he has been plungered in private as bad as in public. I hate 3DB as a coach but even I cringed at what he has got himself into.

Fuck him! He deserves every bit of it for his hubris and constantly patting himself on the back. He deserves it for faking his way to that position and not understanding what it takes to be a teacher, mentor, team & game manager. I hope he gets to suffer some more before he's kicked to the curb.