Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Softy's interview with Damon Huard.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
I'm not posting a link because it's not worth it. Empty fluff. Nothing more.

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Didn't Penn St. try this once. I heard it didn't end too well
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damon Huard just doesn't have it when it comes to radio. He's not horrible like Kim and the two fat fucks (that's a whole other kind of bad), but that interview and his color commentary suck balls. Add in his role in the "The Pick" and he should just stay off my radio and out of my mind forever.

Never thought I'd prefer a former kicker over a former QB when it comes to color commentary, but Huard is that bad.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Damon Huard just doesn't have it when it comes to radio. He's not horrible like Kim and the two fat fucks (that's a whole other kind of bad), but that interview and his color commentary suck balls. Add in his role in the "The Pick" and he should just stay off my radio and out of my mind forever.

Never thought I'd prefer a former kicker over a former QB when it comes to color commentary, but Huard is that bad.

Personally I think Michael Braunstein should do commentary.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    KJR hasn't been the same since the Fabulous Sports Babe died.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Why are you acting like you are surprised? When has Softy ever interviewed a Husky/Former Husky and it not be an on air hand job?
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Nelson represented the UW-AD well, and with Rondeau, formed a great broadcast team.
    Losing Nelson, and now Condotta, leaves Rondeau as the only really professional member of the media representing the UW. Damn shame we can't get more Rondeau and less of the others. . .a lot
    less. A radio show with Rondeau, Nelson, and Condotta discussing Husky Athletics. . .that would have been worth listing to.
  • Options
    The Husky honks is the worst. Dick Baird is absolutely terrible.

If they seriously wanted to improve the show they'd boot Baird and put in someone like Lambright.

Although I'm sure they'd be afraid to have Lambo since he appears to be a straight shooter.

I think even the Doogs don't like Baird.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If they seriously wanted to improve the show they'd boot Baird and put in someone like Lambright.

Although I'm sure they'd be afraid to have Lambo since he appears to be a straight shooter.

Please to be stopping your criticism of Coach Baird. Just because he gets it wrong the first 23 times doesn't make it okay to attack a REAL HUSKY who BLEEDS PURPLE like Baird.

We're lucky to have him.

• Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

Please to be stopping your criticism of Coach Baird. Just because he gets it wrong the first 23 times doesn't make it okay to attack a REAL HUSKY who BLEEDS PURPLE like Baird.

We're lucky to have him.

huh?
  • Options
    Passion said:

Apparently Damon has some new role with the team where he "works with the kids" or something. Whatever. I was hoping that Softy would ask Damon about the offensive line and the recruiting of OLs. No such luck. It was all "Austin is a nice kid," and "I'm a big fan of Keith Price" emptiness.

The only takeaway for me is the question of how I can get those 6 minutes of my life back.

maybe they could have asked him the proper way to throw off your back foot?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,048
    Founders Club

KJR hasn't been the same since the Fabulous Sports Babe died.

"Hi Sports Babe, first time caller here..."
    "I'll be gentle with ya honey..."
  • Options
    Dick_B said:

Passion said:

That would be for his brother Brock to answer who works for 710. HTH.
  • Options

Dick_B said:

Passion said:

That would be for his brother Brock to answer who works for 710. HTH.
    they all look alike to me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We're lucky to have him.

Not to mention, Baird is the best boner pill advertiser in the biz.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

How can you say that?! Dick cares about THE KIDS MORE THAN ANYONE!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    The comments about Damon/Nelson are right on.

The broadcasts with Rondeau and Nelson were professional and outstanding. Throw in Bill Swartz also, the sideline guy. These guys obviously wanted the dawgs to win but were professional, impartial and knowledgeable.

Now we have Huard who doesn't really add anything and is hooting and hollering all over Bob's calls after a game changing play in favor of UW. It's like those fucking Coog douchetards.

No reason to make any change and they fucked it up. I think they made the changes to get people who were less impartial and less critical. Could be wrong but thats my hunch.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited July 2013

Why are you acting like you are surprised? When has Softy ever interviewed a Husky/Former Husky and it not be an on air hand job?

Never said I was surprised, but admittedly I listened in case something tangible was discussed.

In my view, Softy's best moment is when he gave himself an on-air thrashing for advocating to give tyrone a 4th year. Although it was too little too late and it was the least he could do, when is the last time a member of the media actually said "I was wrong and stupid"? It actually sounded heartfelt, and like he really meant it. Again, I am NOT giving this guy a pass for all the softballs he has lobbed to coaches over the years, and his love fest with everyone around signing day's OL failures makes me barf. However, nobody else from kjr, espn radio, seattle times, pi, news tribune, everett herald would have given themselves such a beating.

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=d7pioagkX5k

PS. And you don't need to talk to me about baird. I've locked horns with him on air in a very real way.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,888
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Never said I was surprised, but admittedly I listened in case something tangible was discussed.

In my view, Softy's best moment is when he gave himself an on-air thrashing for advocating to give tyrone a 4th year. Although it was too little too late and it was the least he could do, when is the last time a member of the media actually said "I was wrong and stupid?" It actually sounded heartfelt, and like he really meant it. Again, I am NOT giving this guy a pass for all the softballs he has lobbed to coaches over the years, and his love fest with everyone around signing day's OL failures makes me barf. However, nobody else from kjr, espn radio, seattle times, pi, news tribune, everett herald would have beaten themselves up as much as he did re supporting tyrone.

You need to go to find smiling.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,048
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

In my view, Softy's best moment is when he gave himself an on-air thrashing for advocating to give tyrone a 4th year. Although it was too little too late and it was the least he could do, when is the last time a member of the media actually said "I was wrong and stupid"? It actually sounded heartfelt, and like he really meant it. Again, I am NOT giving this guy a pass for all the softballs he has lobbed to coaches over the years, and his love fest with everyone around signing day's OL failures makes me barf. However, nobody else from kjr, espn radio, seattle times, pi, news tribune, everett herald would have given themselves such a beating.

PS. And you don't need to talk to me about baird. I've locked horns with him on air in a very real way.
    Okay, I agree with that, but here's the problem... Did Softy learn from it and change his ways? There he was a couple years later alluding to the Half Brains by saying that the people out there who won't jump on the Sark bandwagon must have something wrong with them not to see what's going on.