Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Sark Stench

The process of removing the Sark stench from this team is in full swing. Petersen is doing what he needs to do: teaching the players to treat opponents with respect, enforcing standards, installing basic football fundamentals, etc. So far it is going as expected. There have been some bumps along the way. Less than spectacular performances mixed with flashes of brilliance. Did you really expect anything different? Even the transfer from Alabama is playing like he's been brainwashed by Sark for 4 years. Petersen can't just erase that shit entirely in one off-season. In other words, you have no idea the damage Sark did.

The preseason is over and the team is 4-0.

But what about the close win at Hawaii? The defensive disaster against Eastern? Boring 2nd half against Illinois? Going down 14-0 to Georgia St (not to be confused with Georgia) at halftime?

Listen up doogs, this isn't a god damn video game. Take your front-runner mentality and DIAFF. Also, NOGAF about style points. Games are not won or lost in the first half. If they were, Ty Willy might still be the coach. Games are 60 minutes long. Not 30. Petersen just talked about this in the latest boner inducing episode of The Pursuit. Are some of you are too young to remember what halftime adjustments are? Irregardless, the panic over a scrimmage is pathetic.

Reading through the bored last night was both hilarious and embarrassing. I'm surprised that I am surprised by that. Swaye was blackout drunk, and he's part injun (some of my best friends are injuns, so I can say that), but what is your fucking excuse?

Maybe the Sark stench needs to get pounded out of YOU.

The old HHBs get it. But you new guys need to start acting like REAL Viet Cong or LEAVE. We didn't watch our buddies die face down in the mud for this.

Viva la revolution!

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    There's only one thing that can remove Sark stench: Napalm.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Why do you hate Sir Pat Haden?

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    Very glad that I'm often coaching & this away from the boreds during the games. Who knows that kinda shit I'd be spewing.
    I think we beat Stanford rather easily.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I believe that the Bubble Screen is the new 5 yard out route ...

The secondary is always going to be a bit of a struggle this year although we'll see stretches where the young kids play well and others where they are too afraid to make mistakes and instead make mistakes. We'll continue to be reliant on winning the turnover battle (something that nobody is really talking about after 4 games) and using some disguises in our coverage to be able to throw just enough wrinkles out there to either cause mistakes or allow our DL to get pressure on the QB. The one thing that is crystal clear is that our front can get pressure on the QB.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    One thing to add to that Damone is that the second half of the year is almost always better than the first half of the year as the players realize what they are being told is working.

I still say 10+ or GTFO.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2014
    Tequilla said:

One thing to add to that Damone is that the second half of the year is almost always better than the first half of the year as the players realize what they are being told is working.

I still say 10+ or GTFO.

Hoping so. They can go 5-4 in conference and win a bowl for 10. I'm mostly worried about stopping teams that throw the ball around. Peters is the shit, but the other guys need work.

I think Cal and Colorado are wins. I like the Stanford matchups. I think ASU at home is a win. I actually like UWs Stanford chances more than OSU and WSU. Mannion, Halliday and Hundley will cause problems.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I still say 10+ or GTFO.

I'm mostly worried about stopping teams that throw the ball around. Peters is the shit, but the other guys need work.
    This.

Is what I would worry about. But LIPO.

I like our chances, because the PAC isn't as strong as some think it is. I haven't seen any teams that really scare me, only teams that we might not match up well with. It's a good thing we have a real coach now. Best coach in our division, and likely the best in the conference.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473
    Let's do this shit!

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Why do you hate Sir Pat Haden?

If you think Sark's stank left with him, then I can't help you.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Hold it.

Swaye's an injun?????????????
    Dot or feather?
    I'm 1/32 Seminole.