Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Would Peterman have believed Shaw's hero story?

I don't believe for a moment that our detail driven coach would have bought hook, line, and sinker the injury story.

A shoot from the hip frat boy did, and therein lies the reason why USC is on the cusp of a huge let down.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Idawg on a podcast long ago said all the good coaches like don James and those types have a bullshit detector. I think this would apply to this story.
  • BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877

Idawg on a podcast long ago said all the good coaches like don James and those types have a bullshit detector. I think this would apply to this story.

Glad Mike Riley has a bullshit detector HiiDawg!!!!
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    edited August 2014
    Didn't Lambo make up a story about somebody hurting his leg... and the truth later came out that the kid hurt it running away from a fight at a frat party by jumping off a balcony.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    Baphomet said:

Didn't Lambo make up a story about somebody hurting his leg... and the truth later came out that the kid hurt it running away from a fight at a frat party by jumping off a balcony.

Yup... Shehee jumped off a frat balcony & Lambo tried to cover it up.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    It was that type of reporting that got us into Iraq. Sark is one of the shit sippers who would be that shit without checking facts and pushing his own personal agenda. Nothing I've seen yet tells me Peterman would ever do that.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

Baphomet said:

LOL, I was there...ranks up there with the Lester Towns injury
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    You guys still care about this story? Sark was fucked long before this happened. The season can't start soon enough.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    The bigger story here is that Sark likely created the coverup.

That's what happens when you are a players coach ... not a leader.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2014
    topdawgnc said:

The bigger story here is that Sark likely created the coverup.

That's what happens when you are a players coach ... not a leader.

Pressing. I think it's far more likely he and the AD didn't verify the story than a blatant cover up. He's a lazy coach, something we all knew before this story. Everyone involved with the story is coming out looking like an idiot, but I doubt Sark huddled up with Shaw and came up with this story. Shaw came up with it so he wouldn't get in the doghouse for how he got injured.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam

Baphomet said:

Wait...are you telling me he didn't drop a 45lb plate on his foot?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Baphomet said:

Not a UW story but Brandon Marshall "slipping on a McDonalds bag" and putting his arm through a TV was pretty rich too.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Baphomet said:

Not a UW story but Brandon Marshall "slipping on a McDonalds bag" and putting his arm through a TV was pretty rich too.
    Your schtick isn't funny to us...
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I don't really think it is a case about believing or not believing. It is about verifying what happened. He didn't come up and say he injured himself playing hoops or doing something stupid drunk (like jumping from a balcony). Those are the kind of things you give a player the benefit of the doubt... they were doing something stupid and they hurt themselves.

When someone says they jumped from a 3rd floor onto the concrete to save their nephew from a pool at 10 PM at night then you need to verify that, especially if you decide to release it to the public.

I don't really understand why we have to believe people's shitty stories just because it hasn't been proved otherwise. A player shows up to practice with busted up knuckles and says he fought off a couple robbers trying to steal a grandma's purse is that something we just believe too because that player hasn't given us a reason not to believe him?

This story was retarded from the get go. I was in the Jim Rome camp in that nothing about it made sense at all.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't really think it is a case about believing or not believing. It is about verifying what happened. He didn't come up and say he injured himself playing hoops or doing something stupid drunk (like jumping from a balcony). Those are the kind of things you give a player the benefit of the doubt... they were doing something stupid and they hurt themselves.

When someone says they jumped from a 3rd floor onto the concrete to save their nephew from a pool at 10 PM at night then you need to verify that, especially if you decide to release it to the public.

I don't really understand why we have to believe people's shitty stories just because it hasn't been proved otherwise. A player shows up to practice with busted up knuckles and says he fought off a couple robbers trying to steal a grandma's purse is that something we just believe too because that player hasn't given us a reason not to believe him?

This story was retarded from the get go. I was in the Jim Rome camp in that nothing about it made sense at all.

"No you weren't".

#GoldDoogFS
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Who?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

My favorite line ...

the only thing that makes sense is the truth, and this just doesn't make sense.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    When Skippy calls your story BS on the radio you know it is not believable.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2014
    Maybe, maybe not. But he wouldn't have attempted FREE PUB! With it. That's for sure.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

When Skippy calls your story BS on the radio you know it is not believable.

Never bullshit a bullshitter