Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like to

2»

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,758 Founders Club
    Video compilation of ice bucket challenge fuck-ups...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2zn7Ve0bw
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

When was the last time anyone talked about ALS?

Can't name it?

Then this Bucket Challenge is doing it's job. Not only has it raised money, but it's also raised awareness, especially among people who don't give a fuck about rare and deadly diseases. In fact, it's so successful, you even made a post about it.

This is just the fad of the day. People can't just fucking donate to charity, they have to get attention while doing it. Maybe the foundation received a donation spike, but it's a drop in the bucket (lol) and won't do really any measurable good. But hey, it's fun! and plays to the society of narcissus we have become. Did we ever #bringbackourgirls? Fuck no. But it was important to feign concern to look all compassionate and shit to friends and relatives.

Next week we will move on from ALS and Ferguson and have something else to grandstand and be outraged about.

FYFMFE
    YBE

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    I was watching ESPN a few days ago & Chris Fowler did it on top of some building in New York City. It was painful. After he did it he went over to the ledge, pretended like he was going to dump it on someone on the sidewalk below, then went back to the camera. Ir was obvious to an eight year old it was totally contrived and lame. His faggot producer got the orders from the higher-ups because, no matter how idiotic it is, it's for a good cause and we'll look like uncaring, faceless assholes (too late) if we don't jump on the bandwagon! Then they cut away to some clown at a tennis match is about to do it. Then bill changed the channel and threw a brick at his TV.

It's too bad because he's one of the handful of people left there I like.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,758 Founders Club
    How much water is wasted for the ALS ice bucket challenge?

Water is wet...

I know, I know... "You use The Blaze as your source?"
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Did we ever #bringbackourgirls?