Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fucking Spokane Airport

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

biak1 said:

Ontario and Burbank are LA area airport cheat codes. Like Bellingham and Everett for Seattle.

Long Beach was a sleeper for a while, as well. Not sure if it still is…
    Not sure about Long Beach, but John Wayne in Orange County fits the bill.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Longest TSA line I’ve ever seen there. Took almost an hour to get through

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck

Don't sound poor. $78

For real. Don’t don’t travel often, but I need to just get TSA pre check. I was literally telling another dwag fan in line with me that this was the impetus for me to just do it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

Hope nobody’s booked on an Alaska 737 MAX

Bro. Spokane to Denver was on a 737 max, and my buddy sent me that shit last night. Not what I wanted to see before getting on one. I flew United, but still
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Seriously??

I have never seen it longer than 5 mins
    Yeah, it was fucking crazy. It snaked all the way down the ropes, then back along the front along the rope, then another 50 yards past that. It was fucking madness. I got there at 3:45 for my 5:15 flight, and they were already boarding when I got to the gate. I’ve literally walked through the line and straight up to a TSA screener before, but apparently those days are over.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,263
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

Fishpo31 said:

biak1 said:

Ontario and Burbank are LA area airport cheat codes. Like Bellingham and Everett for Seattle.

Long Beach was a sleeper for a while, as well. Not sure if it still is…
    Not sure about Long Beach, but John Wayne in Orange County fits the bill.
    Ran across it several years ago. Going to the OC and got shut out at SNA, and Alaska had just started service there.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sounds like some of you need to travel more. American airports are shit, and I invite you to come check out the cesspools in the greater NY area. SeaTac is a comparative gem.

Are other countries better? I've had great experiences in Canada and Mexico but Thailand and England were beyond fucked. Heathrow TSA was just unapologetically making people wait more than an hour to look through their carry ons to bust them on having .5 more of an ounce shampoo bottles and didn't give a fuck if you missed your flight.
    Places I’ve been airport wise that kick the shit out of US…..

Tokyo
    Seoul
    Sydney
    Brisbane
    Dubai
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Vancouver
    Heathrow
    Mexico City

Pretty much the first world ones are all better than the average US airport IMO.

Yes… airport superiority guy.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    Founders Club
    No love for Paine Field? Sad!

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

Sounds like some of you need to travel more. American airports are shit, and I invite you to come check out the cesspools in the greater NY area. SeaTac is a comparative gem.

Are other countries better? I've had great experiences in Canada and Mexico but Thailand and England were beyond fucked. Heathrow TSA was just unapologetically making people wait more than an hour to look through their carry ons to bust them on having .5 more of an ounce shampoo bottles and didn't give a fuck if you missed your flight.

Tokyo
    Seoul
    Sydney
    Brisbane
    Dubai
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Vancouver
    Heathrow
    Mexico City

Pretty much the first world ones are all better than the average US airport IMO.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    gmo said:

Tokyo
    Seoul
    Sydney
    Brisbane
    Dubai
    Singapore
    Qatar
    Vancouver
    Heathrow
    Mexico City

Lisbon, Portugal is a very nice airport. Iceland’s airport is top notch too.

Austin,TX and Savannah GA are solid. Don’t actually hate New Orleans or Minneapolis either.

• Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 785
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 7
    We're all going to brag about the countries we've visited now? If this is a fucking bumble date I'm gonna require a drink and a tongue in my ass.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 7

We're all going to brag about the countries we've visited now? If this is a fucking bumble date I'm gonna require a drink and a tongue in my ass.

Belfast’s airport sucked.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

Seriously??

Yeah, it was fucking crazy. It snaked all the way down the ropes, then back along the front along the rope, then another 50 yards past that. It was fucking madness. I got there at 3:45 for my 5:15 flight, and they were already boarding when I got to the gate. I’ve literally walked through the line and straight up to a TSA screener before, but apparently those days are over.
    For now at least CLEAR Plus with TSA pre-check is worth it if you fly frequently through airports that offer the service. SeaTac does, I've used it there and a number of other airports, it has saved me a lot of time and aggravation. This will be short lived unfortunately, as TSA pre-check advantages are becoming. Problem is everyone is getting credit cards that cover the cost, there are lines popping up at CLEAR stations at some airports now and I expect that will only get worse. I really miss the days you could park your car, check your bags and walk straight to the gate.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

I was supposed to be on my connection from Portland but it was moved to a 900 or something like that.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Seriously??

I was literally the 3rd person in line when I walked up. Haha Must have been everyone trying to escape being snowfucked by the storm.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

HuskyJW said:

Seriously??

I was literally the 3rd person in line when I walked up. Haha Must have been everyone trying to escape being snowfucked by the storm.
    Snowfucked… have any pictures of that? Always down to try new things.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club
    edited January 7

Ha not at all trying to, see how it could appear that way. Just have some knowledge on this.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Logistics said:

Postal91 said:

whlinder said:

biak1 said:

The team and support staff both flew on MAX-9s yesterday... so another bullet dodged.
    Wasn’t it the Max 8s? And PB, that’s terrifying. Haha
    It was a MAX9. Alaska has 65 of them. They are also getting the MAX8 and the first one has been delivered, but has not entered service yet.

MAX8 wouldn't have had this problem as it doesn't have the extra (unused) plug door found on MAX9 and 900ER airframes.
    LOFL, I HAD NO FUCKING CLUE A RECENT ISSUE HAPPENED ON A MAX!

I thought y’all were making jokes about the old stuff around them and was at the airport boarding my plane so wasn’t caught up on the news. Haha