Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CFP talk... tame track to the Natty?

So if Alabama wins against Georgia, Florida State beats Louisville, and Michigan takes care of business against Iowa...

Committee will have to decide who gets in as the 4.

QBless FSU would be number no. 3.

CFP would look like this:

1. Michigan vs either 4. Texas/Alabama

2. Washington vs 3. Florida State

I like the odds.

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I could see Alabama jumping FSU for #3 because Jordan Travis lost his leg. Playing Bama in NO would not be ideal.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2023

I could see Alabama jumping FSU for #3 because Jordan Travis lost his leg. Playing Bama in NO would not be ideal.

The game would be at the Rose Bowl. Ain't no way they'd give a 1-loss no. 3 seed that geographical advantage.

I also just don't see them leaping FSU.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,357
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SEC teams get preferential treatment so anything is possible
  • Options

The game would be at the Rose Bowl. Ain't no way they'd give a 1-loss no. 3 seed that geographical advantage.

If Michigan is #1, it's definitely possible they play in the Rose Bowl, especially if it's against Bama or FSU. I don't picture a Big10 team choosing the Sugar Bowl over the RB.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,357
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Michigan is #1, it's definitely possible they play in the Rose Bowl, especially if it's against Bama or FSU. I don't picture a Big10 team choosing the Sugar Bowl over the RB.
    Do they get to choose? I thought it was preordained that 1vs 4 is Sugar and 2 vs 3 is Rose
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

SEC teams get preferential treatment so anything is possible

Might as well give Bama the #1 seed and Sugar Bowl. Anything to keep a traditional B1G-Pac Rose Bowl
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sark did us the biggest favor in week 2.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tbh, bama is beatable. This is our year, we can play with anyone. The fat Dutchman is hungry and he wants it. He is like Petersen during the early days at Boise State.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    TheHB said:

NGL, I’d rather face Bama or Georgia for the title game than play them in the Sugar bowl

This is the way. We can beat either but would rather face in championship.
  • Options

With UW and Texas winning, here are likely scenarios:

17-7 Bama lead at the half :#
  • Options

How can the committee rationally move Alabama ahead of Texas?

SEC commissioner is already crying about that happening because they know a UGA loss is doomsday for the SEC being in. He is politicking like a scared man right now. That conference is so top heavy. They feed on poverty schools 90% of the year.
    That too -

Pretty sure all I hear is that the committee won't let Bama leap Texas given the head-to-head.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

Do they get to choose? I thought it was preordained that 1vs 4 is Sugar and 2 vs 3 is Rose
    I can't find a direct answer whether they can choose, but for sure you get preferential location. I'm guessing you can strongly suggest where you want to play. If Michigan is matched up with Texas, they won't play in NO, for example.
  • Options

How can the committee rationally move Alabama ahead of Texas?

SEC commissioner is already crying about that happening because they know a UGA loss is doomsday for the SEC being in. He is politicking like a scared man right now. That conference is so top heavy. They feed on poverty schools 90% of the year.
    Ya I forgot that Texas could be in ahead of them. Bama looks good though. Thank god UW is undefeated and doesn't need to sweat.