Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Something I've been pondering...

Bookie Radley-Hiles transferred from Oklahoma to Washington with some fanfare and started as a safety for Jimmy Lake's 4-8 team in 2021. He went undrafted the following April and then joined the USC Trojans this year as a defensive analyst.

Jabbar Muhammad transferred from Oklahoma State to Washington and has started as a cornerback for Kalen DeBoer's 12-0 team in 2023. He has been a pleasure to watch. Hopefully he returns in 2024, but either way he will have a solid chance to make an NFL roster.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

I already forgot about Bookie. 4-8 will do that to fans.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This team could really use Bookie. He could tackle in space, a trait this team sorely lacks.

I didn't love Bookie but he could have come back last year I think and would have really helped.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This team could really use Bookie. He could tackle in space, a trait this team sorely lacks.

If only tackling in space was the only trouble.

If Trice and ZTF, and even the inside guys for that matter, could hang onto a guy when they get their hands on them UW's TFL numbers and overall defense would be measurably better. I have to seriously question the strength training among the front 7, particularly when it comes to arm and hand/grip strength. You shouldn't see QBs and smallish RBs ripping away from front 7 players who have stopped them dead with such regularity.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I didn't love Bookie but he could have come back last year I think and would have really helped.
    When we lost 5 starting DBs, yeah, Bookie would've helped
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

If only tackling in space was the only trouble.

If Trice and ZTF, and even the inside guys for that matter, could hang onto a guy when they get their hands on them UW's TFL numbers and overall defense would be measurably better. I have to seriously question the strength training among the front 7, particularly when it comes to arm and hand/grip strength. You shouldn't see QBs and smallish RBs ripping away from front 7 players who have stopped them dead with such regularity.
    Hopefully just a tweak in off season work. These guys are extremely well conditioned. The defense has been left out to dry way too much by the offense in the second half of the year and seem to make their best plays in the fourth quarter. For that I’m willing to give the S&C staff a push this year, but yes, grip strength has been frustrating for sure.