Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm calling it now

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Even though they're currently ranked #8 in the AP, Alabama will win the 2023 National Championship.

I think being counted out since early in the season has been good for them.

Just a hunch.

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,598
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    So Alabama beats Georgia, Ohio St beats Michigan, FSU wins the conference, UW is in if they win, Oregon may be in if they win... 1 OSU plays 4 Alabama if UW wins, I can see the potential of your point. Personally, I think its going to be UW or Oregon Vs Ohio State for the title.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Get ready for the ever elusive three-peat, guysms.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I have a bunch of Bama frens but Sunday I axed the most passionate one of them all how he feels about the upcoming SEC title/playoff play-in game and he said Bama has no shot. He thinks Georgia has been sandbagging all year and is going to crush them.

CSB but it surprised me to see proud and arrogant Bama fan cowering before UGA.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2023

Georgia is the best team I have seen this year. But they give you hope that they aren't unbeatable like last year. But check out their games that they got up for - not close

Sark will not make it to 12-1 so the door will be open for Bama to jump unbeaten Oregon

Sark is losing this week or next. They rushed ewers back and he is not healthy
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Georgia is the best team I have seen this year. But they give you hope that they aren't unbeatable like last year. But check out their games that they got up for - not close

Sark will not make it to 12-1 so the door will be open for Bama to jump unbeaten Oregon

Sark is losing this week or next. They rushed ewers back and he is not healthy
    He'll lose to Matt Campbell this week setting Matt up to finally be the UW coach when DeBoer goes to South Dakota State
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

I am so rooting for the 13-0 Michigan/tOSU, 13-0 FSU, 13-0 UW, 12-1 Texas and 12-1 Bama + Georgia just to see what the committee does.

That scenario probably deprives us of a traditional Rose Bowl though

Right or wrong, they will not deprive Bama of a spot if the Crimson Tide wins the SEC title game with one loss
    And the justification for that is?

Why even play the games if it's just a beauty pageant on recruiting rankings?
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

I am so rooting for the 13-0 Michigan/tOSU, 13-0 FSU, 13-0 UW, 12-1 Texas and 12-1 Bama + Georgia just to see what the committee does.

Right or wrong, they will not deprive Bama of a spot if the Crimson Tide wins the SEC title game with one loss

My god the joy I would have watching Saban bitch about being left out of playoff, trying to claim head to head home losses dont matter, while SEC is pissed at being left out, and has to trash their future member, all the while rest of CFB sarcastically trolls "maybe the CFP committee considered Texas the SEC champ"

If they tried to come after FSU schedule as undeserving they'd have to trash their own LSU, even.

I really don't think I could handle this level of absolute fucking glee.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994

I agree uga is made a statement last week but their other win over a team with a pulse was mizzou and far from dominant.

They're good like you said, but no where close to previous years.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I agree uga is made a statement last week but their other win over a team with a pulse was mizzou and far from dominant.

I don’t think Ole Miss under Kiffin has ever been a legit threat to knocking off Bama or the Dawgs.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994

I don’t think Ole Miss under Kiffin has ever been a legit threat to knocking off Bama or the Dawgs.
    They're not there yet. But holding them to 17 points is impressive.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ppl forgot nick is the goat, without a question
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Regardless of outcome, think this is saban’s best coaching job of his career

Without a doubt. Everyone calling for his demise after the TX and South Florida games, looked like garbage at home VS Hogs but since then? Just getting better and better. They have a gimmie this week and then an improving Fighting Freezes rival at Auby. Should finish the season strong with only the one L.

Georgia goes to Tennerc and then at GTech.

Saban has done an an amazing job since first of the season with new qb’s, new OC, DC and overall team.

Will be a helluva SECCG.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

If they're 12-1 and have beaten Georgia, you think a playoff spot is completely unwarranted?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

Regardless of outcome, think this is saban’s best coaching job of his career

Without a doubt. Everyone calling for his demise after the TX and South Florida games, looked like garbage at home VS Hogs but since then? Just getting better and better. They have a gimmie this week and then an improving Fighting Freezes rival at Auby. Should finish the season strong with only the one L.

Georgia goes to Tennerc and then at GTech.

Saban has done an an amazing job since first of the season with new qb’s, new OC, DC and overall team.

Will be a helluva SECCG.

• Options
    edited November 2023

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

If they're 12-1 and have beaten Georgia, you think a playoff spot is completely unwarranted?
    Of course I, along with even many across the nation from every conference would absolutely think Bama going 12-1 and winning the SECCG would think it’s warranted for Bama to be in the playoffs, even if it was at # 4(Bama was #4 and didn’t even play in the SECCG and won it all 2017-2018)……to include the CFP committee. No way they get left out.

However, it WILL be verrry interesting should FSU finish undefeated and Texas win out and the LIL 12 CCG with 1 loss. I think the PAC Champ should it be undefeated WA or 1 loss UO and BIG Champ OSU/MI are locks at this point. CFP committee will be in a big time bind on that TX VS Bama choice present day VS past head to head. I wouldn’t even count GA Out should they lose a close game to Bama with that 1 loss if chaos ensues the next three games. But something tells me they won’t have to worry about it over the next 3 games for everyone.

But if that scenario does happen Bama winning SECCG with 1 loss, FSU undefeated and TX 1 loss CC…..