Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Imaginary lover

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Unpopular opinion with my fellow Doogs, Oregon is a national brand in terms of marketing. Nike did a good job in that regard. There’s a whole generation of kids that grew up knowing all about the Ducks.

Doesn’t change the fact they’ve been mostly all sizzle and no steak.

If "mostly" means they haven't won a National Championship game, I'd agree. If it means they haven't been better than UW, well, the facts speak for themselves.
    We need to build a Cam Newton statue at Husky Stadium.
    To the ref who didn't call the runner down or the one who called Cliff's INT out of bounds. National Championship game memories are great. What are yours?

So you have no National Championship game memories. Sad. How about NC playoff game memories? Any stand out?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Unpopular opinion with my fellow Doogs, Oregon is a national brand in terms of marketing. Nike did a good job in that regard. There’s a whole generation of kids that grew up knowing all about the Ducks.

If "mostly" means they haven't won a National Championship game, I'd agree. If it means they haven't been better than UW, well, the facts speak for themselves.
    To the ref who didn't call the runner down or the one who called Cliff's INT out of bounds. National Championship game memories are great. What are yours?

So you have no National Championship game memories. Sad. How about NC playoff game memories? Any stand out?
    College Football wasn't invented with the inaugural BCS #1 vs #2 game. And I've been to play off game in person and have bad memories.

For the record, I believe that Oregon has been the far better program over the past 20 years, which was implied by the Cam Newton statue comment.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

College Football wasn't invented with the inaugural BCS #1 vs #2 game. And I've been to play off game in person and have bad memories.

For the record, I believe that Oregon has been the far better program over the past 20 years, which was implied by the Cam Newton statue comment.
    Good of you to acknowledge that the earth is round and water is wet.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Should have posted this. It's just as relevant and shows how UW has always hated the black man.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,893
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

And the reason you and haie post here, other than to use it as a performance space for your unnatural carnal acts?

Mostly to laugh at you Blob

Faggot
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Compared to who?

Would like to see the long list of college football programs who have been more successful than Oregon over the last 25 years. The list is short.

Total wins
    NY6 wins
    Have been in play on the final day of a national championship 3 times.

Meanwhile you all can barely contain yourselves being 9-0, once.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

And the reason you and haie post here, other than to use it as a performance space for your unnatural carnal acts?

Faggot
    Oh no, look at that blatant homophobia.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Faggot
    Oh no, look at that blatant homophobia.
    I wouldn’t say it’s homophobia so much as blatant projection. Bill is uniquely interested in the topic of male/male sexual contact.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I believe that Oregon has been the far better program over the past 20 years
    Jesus wept.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I believe that Oregon has been the far better program over the past 20 years
    Jesus wept.
    I don’t care about Jesus.

I do care about being objective about each program’s relative success over various time periods.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1960 Rose Bowl MVP

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

Was this a “National Championship Game” ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

No just a guy who's family was turned away at the border of white only Oregon

1959 squad ended up 7th because they lost to USC in the regular season. SC was on probation because Oregon turned them in. That's what killed the PCC
  • Options

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

1959 squad ended up 7th because they lost to USC in the regular season. SC was on probation because Oregon turned them in. That's what killed the PCC
    What time was it on TV?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

What time was it on TV?
    1pm Pacific

The 63 Rose Bowl ended in the dark leading to lights being installed
  • Options

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

It certainly meets the stringent UW standards.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

Talking football history with Ducks is like talking about the past with Germans. They avoid the subject.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

1960 Rose Bowl MVP

Talking football history with Ducks is like talking about the past with Germans. They avoid the subject.
    Actually I think the Germans are getting better about talking about the past…

…now the Japanese, they definitely try to avoid it.