Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So how do you advertise to attract the position types you want in the portal?

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,575
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Help wanted ~ starter quality DL, QB, LB and SS ~ Apply within?

How do you put it out there into the underworld without tampering? Do you just count on kids being able to look at your depth chart and do the math? I'm guessing not ~ How does this work? Anybody know?

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

Help wanted ~ starter quality DL, QB, LB and SS ~ Apply within?

How do you put it out there into the underworld without tampering? Do you just count on kids being able to look at your depth chart and do the math? I'm guessing not ~ How does this work? Anybody know?

I think whatever u of m is doing is probably the blue print we should follow.

Or we could make tik Tok videos telling them about the open positions.

Good questions you ask. Feels like most of it is likely not on the up and up. Johnson mentioned how a coach reached out via twitter IIRC. Or maybe that was Muhammad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If it's me I think I'm sending secret agent women to deliver the message and take the temperature reading

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If it's me I think I'm sending secret agent women to deliver the message and take the temperature reading

Do we have pics of ped jakes mom like this?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

How do you put it out there into the underworld without tampering?

Uh, by tampering.
    So it's the wild west, you just identify your targets and contact them via social media or a visit / phone call and express an interest / on the way to a "potential" offer?

In all seriousness I would seriously like to know how this works if anyone here knows and is willing to just say what the lay of the land is. I realize that this is undoubtedly a potentially incriminating / sensitive subject to talk about so maybe those that know are not able to speak about it and all I'm really going to hear is crickets.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

Uh, by tampering.
    So it's the wild west, you just identify your targets and contact them via social media or a visit / phone call and express an interest / on the way to a "potential" offer?

In all seriousness I would seriously like to know how this works if anyone here knows and is willing to just say what the lay of the land is. I realize that this is undoubtedly a potentially incriminating / sensitive subject to talk about so maybe those that know are not able to speak about it and all I'm really going to hear is crickets.
    You're asking about attracting guys who haven't yet entered the portal right? I don't think anyone here knows more than you do about it. I assume there are some positions in the program who are dedicated to Costco shopping on Saturdays just like Race said. Identify guys you want who are also in a situation where you think you could poach them, then use back channels to let them know you're interested.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Uh, by tampering.
    Who are you?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Are tear off fliers not a thing anymore? They could just post those up at college courtyards across the country with DeBoer’s cell number to call if they are interested. Isn’t that how a third of college students found their roommates back in the day?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Need to hit the portal for some fresh co-eds if we want to attract top talent
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Inge talked about how we got Jabbar. We just DM'd him and then made an NIL offer and then he visited.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8gp61y
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Thank you, great information
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Inge talked about how we got Jabbar. We just DM'd him and then made an NIL offer and then he visited.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8gp61y

He really wanted out of Milwaukee
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

Uh, by tampering.
    Who are you?
    TTJ = Tampering Tehran Jerry.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Usually this shit starts with players talking to each other.

Players talk to the coach, “I was talking to so and so and he’s saying he’s out after this year….do we want him?”

And then it goes from there. Or you just tamper.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

Players talk to the coach, “I was talking to so and so and he’s saying he’s out after this year….do we want him?”

I’ve always assumed there’s a guy on staffs dedicated to monitoring the portal as well.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

thechatch said:

I’ve always assumed there’s a guy on staffs dedicated to monitoring the portal as well.
    I saw someone on Twitter/X (idgaf) who was the “Director of Portal/Junior College Recruiting” at an FBS school - I’ve also heard about a lot of HS coaches talking to college coaches for kids who want to portal.
    Kid redshirts, Coach who recruited him leaves, kid reaches out to the HS coach to see what teams need. Guys who get offered in the portal usually have made some sort of contact prior to entering