Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who's QB1 next year?

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:
    What was Mike’s history at Indiana? Remind me.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Pratt was probably a lock for the draft this year, though him missing a few games could change the equation.

As it is now, he's probably waiting for a draft grade, and it's likely not going to be a first round grade so he could indeed be in the portal.

Nowhere near Penix in terms of arm talent, though. Noticeable windup on longer throws which also affects his deep accuracy. The offense would have to change quite a bit.

Qbs thinking about leaving early who aren’t in that elite tier Should def come back. This is the best qb class in a long time. Stay another year in college and you’re almost guaranteed to get drafted higher next year
  • Options
    Cameron Ward has a chance to do the funniest thing ever. I think he would give Kalen a heart attack from all the 13 yard dropbacks though.
  • Options

Cameron Ward has a chance to do the funniest thing ever. I think he would give Kalen a heart attack from all the 13 yard dropbacks though.

The reaction from coug would be insane
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:
    What was Mike’s history at Indiana? Remind me.
    How many times did penix say he wasn’t playing 5 mins before kickoff because of “back issues” after practicing with the ones all week? Big difference between a season ending injury (which is mostly just bad luck) vs a chronic mental condition that allows you to bail on your teammates regularly. You guys should def go after him though
    Saving himself for Washington.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 153
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't Cam Ward be ineligible to play unless he sits out a season based on the NCAA's new interpretation of the rules? He's already transferred once.
  • Options

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't Cam Ward be ineligible to play unless he sits out a season based on the NCAA's new interpretation of the rules? He's already transferred once.
    Not sure, I think he could grad transfer, Dickert is leaving, and he transferred from an FCS school. Good chance he’s probably eligible.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 153
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2023

Not sure, I think he could grad transfer, Dickert is leaving, and he transferred from an FCS school. Good chance he’s probably eligible.
    But the NCAA has denied Durfee and he transferred from another division. I'm thinking they won't differentiate between FCS and FBS. Maybe if Dickert leaves, he'd get a waiver?

EDIT: I missed that you said grad transfer. I think that would be possible for Ward.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cam Ward is figured out
  • Options

Cam Ward is figured out
    I don’t want him but that WSU OL is putrid. He’s talented though.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cam Ward is figured out
    Ehhhh

Two weeks ago Id have agreed

I could score more points against Zona
  • Options

Cam Ward is figured out
    Ehhhh

Two weeks ago Id have agreed

I could score more points against Zona
    I don’t want him but they’re so banged up. Hard to judge him.
  • Options

But the NCAA has denied Durfee and he transferred from another division. I'm thinking they won't differentiate between FCS and FBS. Maybe if Dickert leaves, he'd get a waiver?

EDIT: I missed that you said grad transfer. I think that would be possible for Ward.
    Greyshirt a possibility
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2023

What's Jeff Lindquist up to these days?

Got his MBA at Northwestern's Kellog School of Bidness and is in the consulting world. Jeff was always going to be just fine.
    I think you're talking about a different Jeff Lindquist. In fairness, there is a Jeff Lindquist who got his MBA at Northwestern and is now in consulting.

It just isn't the same strapping young lad who took the field for the Dawgs and ripped off a cool 10/30 for a buck sixty-two and a TD back in 2014.

[EDIT] The Jeff Lindquist you're thinking of, the one who appeared in 14 games and caught one pass for -2 yards in 2016, went to the Kellog School of Management and is now in consulting. Man, you were way off.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheHB said:

What about this guy?

What Polynesian QB wouldn't want to follow in the footsteps of the LEGENDARY Marques Tuiasosopo???

We could even back up the Brinks truck for Tui himself and poach him from Rice to be our new special assistant analyst to Grubb. I'm smiling now just thinking about 'Over the Rainbow' by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole playing while Tui runs out of the tunnel in front a full house. And not a dry eye to be found.
    Love your post ... but admit it... You copied and pasted Iz' full name, right?!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CatGut said:

What's Jeff Lindquist up to these days?

Got his MBA at Northwestern's Kellog School of Bidness and is in the consulting world. Jeff was always going to be just fine.
    I think you're talking about a different Jeff Lindquist. In fairness, there is a Jeff Lindquist who got his MBA at Northwestern and is now in consulting.

It just isn't the same strapping young lad who took the field for the Dawgs and ripped off a cool 10/30 for a buck sixty-two and a TD back in 2014.

[EDIT] The Jeff Lindquist you're thinking of, the one who appeared in 14 games and caught one pass for -2 yards in 2016, went to the Kellog School of Management and is now in consulting. Man, you were way off.
    Jeff Lindquist superiority guy.