Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hawaii game 2011 vs 2014 should be telling

Obviously they are different teams compared with their 2014 counterparts but the 2011 Hawaii game (America Helmets), to me, was a perfect microcosm of Sark's coaching inadequaccies. As I remember, UW absolutely pounded Hawaii into submission for the first half. Hawaii was clearly outmatched athletically in just about every facet of the game. I think we jumped out to like a 4 TD lead or something. In the second half, Sark's coaching started to show it's face. Lots of mistakes and an inability to put their foot on the throat of the opponents let UH start chipping away and the final score was something like 40-32. Hawaii was 1 TD away from tying the game in the end and it hardly felt like a win (similar to the Illinois game last year that Kim went nuts about)

Hopefully we will see a complete effort from start to finish with an adult coaching the team.

Comments

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hawaii or Eastern? The 2011 Hawaii game ended closer than it should have for sure but the EWU game a couple years ago was damn near a disaster with them having 2 or 3 attempts for a winning TD in the last couple minutes.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think it was 38-32 with Hawaii going for 2, when we picked off a pass and ran it back, or something like that.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In any case, I agree with the original point here that having an adult in charge should result in the margin of victory we would expect to see. I'd take a comfortable 17 point win with minimal penalties.

Sark coaching this game would probably result in a win with 150 yards in penalties.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

I think it was 38-32 with Hawaii going for 2, when we picked off a pass and ran it back, or something like that.

Hawaii scored a TD with 1:39 left to put it 38-32. They went for the PAT which was blocked and returned by Trufant for 2 points.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No memory of that shitshow
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Is that Proverb Wootang?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hawaii went 0-8 last year in the MWC. Eastern is better. Eastern and Illinois is a toss up. I've never seen the UW play an easier non conference schedule. It's a joke.

Don't sleep on Georgia State. Juggernaut.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Is that Proverb Wootang?
    Do you see any fire being juggled?

That's what I thought.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,004
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Obviously they are different teams compared with their 2014 counterparts but the 2011 Hawaii game (America Helmets), to me, was a perfect microcosm of Sark's coaching inadequaccies. As I remember, UW absolutely pounded Hawaii into submission for the first half. Hawaii was clearly outmatched athletically in just about every facet of the game. I think we jumped out to like a 4 TD lead or something. In the second half, Sark's coaching started to show it's face. Lots of mistakes and an inability to put their foot on feces in the throat of the opponents let UH start chipping away and the final score was something like 40-32. Hawaii was 1 TD away from tying the game in the end and it hardly felt like a win (similar to the Illinois game last year that Kim went nuts about)

Hopefully we will see a complete effort from start to finish with an adult coaching the team.

FTFY. Otherwise spot on with the poast (hardy har har).
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Hawaii went 0-8 last year in the MWC. Eastern is better. Eastern and Illinois is a toss up. I've never seen the UW play an easier non conference schedule. It's a joke.

Georgia State is commonly cited by people who argue for relegation in college football.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

Swaye said:

Georgia State is commonly cited by people who argue for relegation in college football.
    I don't know what any of this means.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Swaye said:

Dardanus said:

Swaye said:

I don't know what any of this means.
    They are so bad they should be dropped to a lower division.

Edit: I knew you were being sarktastic by calling them a juggernaut. I wasn't arguing, I was just making a side comment about how bad they are.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Rainbow Warriors is disparaging to gays in the armed forces.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I like that people on this forum tell dumb people like me what stuff means. I like that.
  • Options
    I like that people on this forum post pictures of big-titted chicks with tattoos.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Dardanus said:

I like that people on this forum used to post pictures of big-titted chicks with tattoos.

• Options
    Founders Club

Dardanus said:

I like that people on this forum used to post pictures of big-titted chicks with tattoos.

One day I will return, like a victorius Viking marauder!