Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you have faith in Pac-9 Commish George Kalashnikov?

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No I don't
    No.

This is not a knock on Kalishnikov ... he's playing with a rigged deck IMO.

If we want to start the blame game I knew this was coming when they hired that malignant, cancerous idiot Larry Scott (who was completely useless and even worse spent a ton of money on himself while fucking the conf).

But the biggest blame is for those guys like the Oregon State prez and others of his ilk (other schools) that advocated for Scott and had a small game perspective, hoping to carry the smaller schools in the wake of success.

What they actually did was signed the Pac death warrant and now the whole conference is fucked and ready for piecemeal division.

So, what happened?:

- Scott fucks around, does an extremely shitty job, PAC journos constantly criticize him and he just shrugs it off, revenues drops like mad, PAC schools get the least amount of money compared to the other conferences, PAC quickly becomes less and less competitive, can't compete for recruits OR the hearts and minds of the rest of the country, and only the have-PAC schools can even kinda compete on the national stage/consciousness.

- usc, ucla leaves. They're like "fuck this place, we're not going to save the weak from drowning ... if tradition is fucked then fuck it ..." - it got that bad.

the other regional/national players like UW/Ore are like "okay, what do we do now ..." At least Stanford has academis. At least now they don't have to even pretend to play football. They can probably drop football and pump that money into sand volleyball.

... lastly, the NCAA shot itself in the dick, bigly. Has anyone noticed how much less the name "NCAA" has been dropped in the media? They lost all their governing mojo and authority. They used to run shit with fear and intimidation and gate keeped ... now they're an afterthought.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    No I don't
    animate said:

No.

This is not a knock on Kalishnikov ... he's playing with a rigged deck IMO.

If we want to start the blame game I knew this was coming when they hired that malignant, cancerous idiot Larry Scott (who was completely useless and even worse spent a ton of money on himself while fucking the conf).

But the biggest blame is for those guys like the Oregon State prez and others of his ilk (other schools) that advocated for Scott and had a small game perspective, hoping to carry the smaller schools in the wake of success.

What they actually did was signed the Pac death warrant and now the whole conference is fucked and ready for piecemeal division.

So, what happened?:

- Scott fucks around, does an extremely shitty job, PAC journos constantly criticize him and he just shrugs it off, revenues drops like mad, PAC schools get the least amount of money compared to the other conferences, PAC quickly becomes less and less competitive, can't compete for recruits OR the hearts and minds of the rest of the country, and only the have-PAC schools can even kinda compete on the national stage/consciousness.

- usc, ucla leaves. They're like "fuck this place, we're not going to save the weak from drowning ... if tradition is fucked then fuck it ..." - it got that bad.

the other regional/national players like UW/Ore are like "okay, what do we do now ..." At least Stanford has academis. At least now they don't have to even pretend to play football. They can probably drop football and pump that money into sand volleyball.

... lastly, the NCAA shot itself in the dick, bigly. Has anyone noticed how much less the name "NCAA" has been dropped in the media? They lost all their governing mojo and authority. They used to run shit with fear and intimidation and gate keeped ... now they're an afterthought.

About 2 months ago, Mrs Nacho and I were at a bar and the TV was showing an espn documentary about Venus and Serena Williams. I’m half watching and see Larry fucking Scott in his former capacity as whatever it was he did. I start going off. Mrs Nacho shut me up by reminding me that Larry was doing what he was allowed/told to do by the university presidents.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No I don't

The league died with the Pac 8

I liked adding the AZ schools
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't

I didn't because it screwed up the schedule

ASU was a football school at least Arizona was and is worthless
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,726
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't
    After reading everything, the other schools knew Colorado was leaving and didn't care. But his response at Pac 12 media days has to be the dumbest fucking game plan for that question.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No I don't
    haie said:

After reading everything, the other schools knew Colorado was leaving and didn't care. But his response at Pac 12 media days has to be the dumbest fucking game plan for that question.

SDSU and Colorado are basically the same thing as far as dollars and eyes. SDSU is a better AD.

ATBS, PAC has never been able to control the narrative on this and is perpetually 5 steps behind. Had the media rights been completed earlier they could've brought SDSU onboard for far less money. SDSU's buyout is now doubled to $34 million because they took so damn long.

It doesn't matter how shitty the school is that left the conference. The narrative is PAC continues to lose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    No I don't

haie said:

SDSU and Colorado are basically the same thing as far as dollars and eyes. SDSU is a better AD.

ATBS, PAC has never been able to control the narrative on this and is perpetually 5 steps behind. Had the media rights been completed earlier they could've brought SDSU onboard for far less money. SDSU's buyout is now doubled to $34 million because they took so damn long.

It doesn't matter how shitty the school is that left the conference. The narrative is PAC continues to lose.
    I'm listening to Furness right now. Other than the usual butthurt coug "IF WASHINGTON AND OREGON WERE GONE TO THE B1G THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY LEFT!!!" schtick, he's right about the response.

Just immediately announce SDSU. The official Pac response was just more of the same which feeds the Big 12 grifters.

Washington and Oregon should just tell the league they need combined 60%+ of revenue, all games but 1-2 on linear or they're joining the Big 12 tomorrow.

But of course we know at UW and Oregon are getting into the B1G at probably 40-50 mil to start with.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have faith that the media market is telling the P12 loud and clear what it's value is and that's not as a P5 conference.

Blaming George K b/c he can't sell typewriters in a computer world is shooting the messenger not the message.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,049
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yes I do
    SECDAWG said:

EwaDawg said:

SECDAWG said:

Hold on…is this the same guy that wouldn’t elaborate on “PAC 12 Days” wassup with a media deal? On “PAC 12 Days”?

Neah. Wouldn’t put much stock in to what he says.

Absolutely NOTHING gets by secDawg.
    I DVR CFL everyday…

Saw that guy stumbling around on his words days ago…”uh, uh, uh…, not elaborating on “media” stuff right now”…”uh, uh, uh…”

Fuck, I’m in south MS and saw that shit.

If I’m a top level recruit, and expect a spotlight on ME! And you have no answer to what spotlight may be on me?? Fuck ya. I absolutely know where one will be, either BIG with Fox or SEC with ESPN…evertyfuckingsaturday…fuck ya.
    imagine dvr‘ing anything on espn.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    No I don't
    godawgst said:

I have faith that the media market is telling the P12 loud and clear what it's value is and that's not as a P5 conference.

Blaming George K b/c he can't sell typewriters in a computer world is shooting the messenger not the message.

UW isn't a typewriter in a computer world. And you know it.

Go at OSU and Utah all you want.

No one can carry the 7/9 remaining schools. Unless you're a quook retard and think you're a national brand.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    No I don't

SECDAWG said:

EwaDawg said:

SECDAWG said:

Hold on…is this the same guy that wouldn’t elaborate on “PAC 12 Days” wassup with a media deal? On “PAC 12 Days”?

I DVR CFL everyday…

Saw that guy stumbling around on his words days ago…”uh, uh, uh…, not elaborating on “media” stuff right now”…”uh, uh, uh…”

If I’m a top level recruit, and expect a spotlight on ME! And you have no answer to what spotlight may be on me?? Fuck ya. I absolutely know where one will be, either BIG with Fox or SEC with ESPN…evertyfuckingsaturday…fuck ya.
    @SECDAWG ever been to Vancleave?
    WUT???!!

Heh. Hell yeah. Stomping grounds. The Bulldogs. Why fuck yeah.
  • Options
    No I don't

SECDAWG said:

EwaDawg said:

SECDAWG said:

I DVR CFL everyday…

Yeah, living down souf…imagine it…
  • Options
    Founders Club
    No I don't

haie said:

haie said:

I'm listening to Furness right now. Other than the usual butthurt coug "IF WASHINGTON AND OREGON WERE GONE TO THE B1G THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY LEFT!!!" schtick, he's right about the response.

Just immediately announce SDSU. The official Pac response was just more of the same which feeds the Big 12 grifters.

Washington and Oregon should just tell the league they need combined 60%+ of revenue, all games but 1-2 on linear or they're joining the Big 12 tomorrow.

But of course we know at UW and Oregon are getting into the B1G at probably 40-50 mil to start with.
    There's always a chance that a backlash could occur when the Big 10 teams sort out the economic and logistical nightmare of having two conference teams on the west coast. It could change sentiment for having UW and Oregon join later. I'm not so sure it's a slam dunk.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    No I don't
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

EwaDawg said:

SECDAWG said:

I DVR CFL everyday…

Yeah, living down souf…imagine it…
    This ain’t hard…

Has Commish done more to uplift the PAC? Or detriment or not do shit other than hem haw???

Well, let’s see. Can’t answer who will broadcast it, “it’s in negotiations” or “we ain’t talking about that right now”..or whatever the fuck he said. A reporter pressed him on it. Meh…Answer? “Next”…

Top level recruits are leaving the west coast(and they are there) for NIL and exposure…PAC have any of that? In abundance??? Shit, THE fucking Commissioner can’t even seem to answer that…

If I’m #1 EDGE RUSHER from Matre Dei or Saint John Boscoe, fuck this area. I’m headed to GA or Bama or Clemson…

It’s killing the PAC. It’s a slow death. I hate it too. Need someone that puts emphasis on how good West Coast football is and has been and can be. IMO it needs to be saved.

We are headed to an NFL model and I would rather have pride area football. West coast football is and has always been prideful and good. But it’s leaking like porous pipe right now…

CU just left. WA and OR looking at the BIG…NO! Hell NO…

CU left the BIG 12 and now back. Why???

USC and UCLA is now leaving…but with the right leadership and support, could come back to the PAC. Some Motherfucker over there needs to take that bull by the horns and tell everyfknbody, “We are the PAC and West Coast and can play with any of you fucks!”…and make it happen.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't

haie said:

haie said:

There's always a chance that a backlash could occur when the Big 10 teams sort out the economic and logistical nightmare of having two conference teams on the west coast. It could change sentiment for having UW and Oregon join later. I'm not so sure it's a slam dunk.
    The BIG wouldn't be getting a slam dunk having UW. They'd get a triple double
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    No I don't
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

Really? What have they done lately, pod..Regardless of spooge and barf tank…I will rebuttal anything past this dumbassery later today…Bowing up? that’s exactly what I need someone to do regarding this shit when I wake up later later today…..I will totally defend it.

Played Bama in a playoff? How’ed that work out for ya, WA???

Meh. I seem to get hammered for a lot but what I’ve seen tonight with mixing it up here, really not too bad..IOW; unless you have a legitimate beef or why ANY PUSSY….I’ll say again,,,PUSSY…PAC SHIT team can compete tor say something legit…fuk those guys…ehhh? Riley is the largest leader…FTG, ehhhh???

Anyone here have a say in the difference??

Oregon, do YOU???

Washington Huskies…DO YOU?

USC..DO YOU???

Who else y’all love???
  • Options
    No I don't
    SECDAWG said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

Really? What have they done lately, pod..Regardless of spooge and barf tank…I will rebuttal anything past this dumbassery later today…Bowing up? that’s exactly what I need someone to do regarding this shit when I wake up later later today…..I will totally defend it.

Played Bama in a playoff? How’ed that work out for ya, WA???

Meh. I seem to get hammered for a lot but what I’ve seen tonight with mixing it up here, really not too bad..IOW; unless you have a legitimate beef or why ANY PUSSY….I’ll say again,,,PUSSY…PAC SHIT team can compete tor say something legit…fuk those guys…ehhh? Riley is the largest leader…FTG, ehhhh???

Anyone here have a say in the difference??

Oregon, do YOU???

Washington Huskies…DO YOU?

USC..DO YOU???

Who else y’all love??? Don’t be scared, name em….

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't
    Good lord...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,092
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

EwaDawg said:

SECDAWG said:

I DVR CFL everyday…

@SECDAWG ever been to Vancleave?
    WUT???!!

Heh. Hell yeah. Stomping grounds. The Bulldogs. Why fuck yeah.
    2nd stint in rehab was there. 90 days spent getting to know Jesus. Also smoked weed, kicked a door off the hinges, and almost got kicked out - typical rehab shit. It was very effective as two years later I became a crack addict but at least I had Jesus by my side.

I would’ve left but it was in the middle of fucking no where and the thought of hitchhiking back to Petal didn’t seem appealing.

CSB, I know.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    No I don't
    DELETE