Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: It's Washington's Last Hurrah until it all Falls Apart

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
edited June 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
The pod was a veritable halfway house this morning as guys were popping in and out during the show. With special guest haie and also Doogles was there in spirit. We talked a variety of topics but the core theme was how Memorial Day came and went without an announcement of UW leaving for the Big 10. The consensus on the show was that we'll hear that announcement by July 1st. Come hang out!

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Its-Washingtons-Last-Hurrah-until-it-all-Falls-Apart-e255t1q

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,131 Founders Club
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,680 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine what it will be like if going into the first weekend of Pac 12 play there's still no TV deal announced.

Not even Yogi and Canzano can spin that situation.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,131 Founders Club
    Warrior poet gonna warrior poet.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,405 Swaye's Wigwam
    This lacked going down rabbit holes of Skagit County talk and me getting to break down the 2007 Ohio State game in the way that I hoped.

For Simpsons fans, Larry Scott ended up having a very Lyle Lanley arc.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

This lacked going down rabbit holes of Skagit County talk and me getting to break down the 2007 Ohio State game in the way that I hoped.

But what about us braindead slobs?
    edited June 2023

I've been meaning to go down the rabbit hole of Clark County talk of getting destroyed by Lockner. Ferndale is on a different level than the pussy astroturf schools down here. Judging by Landen Hatchett it doesn't seem like that's changed much in 15+ years.
    Yeah I mean Ryan Grubb being overpaid, it was worth every penny to have Bama cry on the national stage.
    haie said:

I've been meaning to go down the rabbit hole of Clark County talk of getting destroyed by Lockner. Ferndale is on a different level than the pussy astroturf schools down here. Judging by Landen Hatchett it doesn't seem like that's changed much in 15+ years.
    Went through Clark County on Memorial Day. Was impressed by the giant Hustler store next to a dialysis place. Driving through Washougal my girlfriend said this is the last place I'd want to live.
    haie said:

Yeah I mean Ryan Grubb being overpaid, it was worth every penny to have Bama cry on the national stage.

Simply forced to play ball. Certainly aren't going to win playing cheap in the Big 10. I think had to get through this year and then if he wants to leave after that it is what it is.
    chuck said:

But what about us braindead slobs?
    You'll all be given cushy jobs.

haie said:

Went through Clark County on Memorial Day. Was impressed by the giant Hustler store next to a dialysis place. Driving through Washougal my girlfriend said this is the last place I'd want to live.
    haie said:

Simply forced to play ball. Certainly aren't going to win playing cheap in the Big 10. I think had to get through this year and then if he wants to leave after that it is what it is.
    Washougal's attempt to match Camas' downtown where Portlanders flock to on the weekends now has been laughably bad outside of a few breweries.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    doogville said:

Someone, anyone, challenge Pup!

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,504 Swaye's Wigwam
    One thing I disagree with is that the B10 isnt an attractive product outside of the top few teams. I have always thought the B10 represents college football at its core the best. They have the best fans and great culture
    edited June 2023
    Canadawg said:

One thing I disagree with is that the B10 isnt an attractive product outside of the top few teams. I have always thought the B10 represents college football at its core the best. They have the best fans and great culture

For me personally, I'll get up at 6-8 on the west coast during the season and make myself coffee and a bloody Mary and then turn the TV on and it's just the B1G obviously, and maybe I'll leave it on on my TV but I couldn't give a fuck about it. It's just your typical limp dick teams that aren't any better than any other league. I'd rather listen to the Friday HH podcast listing out the 20+ reasons as to why we're about to lose to Cal at 830pm pst.

Plus It's always like, Illinois vs Iowa or something. They're a joke in a lot of respects.

Their fans are just dumb fucks too. That's not something to be proud of.

Or it's like GameDay on in Starkville where everyone's pumped to get pumped by a visiting Bama.

That's somehow worth 50 million more per school?
    "Penix on the turf not moving..."
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

For me personally, I'll get up at 6-8 on the west coast during the season and make myself coffee and a bloody Mary and then turn the TV on and it's just the B1G obviously, and maybe I'll leave it on on my TV but I couldn't give a fuck about it. It's just your typical limp dick teams that aren't any better than any other league. I'd rather listen to the Friday HH podcast listing out the 20+ reasons as to why we're about to lose to Cal at 830pm pst.

Plus It's always like, Illinois vs Iowa or something. They're a joke in a lot of respects.

Or it's like GameDay on in Starkville where everyone's pumped to get pumped by a visiting Bama.

What your describing is not a college football fan. You are describing being a big brand fan w/respect. No way you can say an Illini v Iowa game with 59k in attendance isnt better than an Arizona vs Cal game with 40k.

As I write this Im realizing part of it is that I like defense so maybe the 17-14 games are more entertaining to me than most
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

What your describing is not a college football fan. You are describing being a big brand fan w/respect. No way you can say an Illini v Iowa game with 59k in attendance isnt better than an Arizona vs Cal game with 40k.

As I write this Im realizing part of it is that I like defense so maybe the 17-14 games are more entertaining to me than most
    There is zero difference. Seeing more fans in the stands (on TV while you're nursing a hangover with some bullshit cold brew) makes the 4th quarter 6-5 Iowa Illinois game better?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    edited June 2023
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

I'd rather watch Arizona-Cal because of the familiarity
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

There is zero difference. Seeing more fans in the stands (on TV while you're nursing a hangover with some bullshit cold brew) makes the 4th quarter 6-5 Iowa Illinois game better?
    The Zona, Cal, Furd and UCLA crowds would be nice and soothing for a hangover I'll give you that