Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shoutout to McBeefery

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
I knew I liked this guy and not just because of his name and look. It shouldn't go unmentioned that like 5-6 Oregon players went down with contact injuries and only one UW player did, and it was a minor loss in Perryman. Both lines were playing tuff football even when they weren't succeeding and if the back seven could have made tackles they would have looked a lot better.

Also, Oregon was getting yardage in the run game but it was taking a toll. They're 38-year-old center legit looked like he was going to die even a few plays before he tapped out. I think a big part of "the slip" play getting busted was their OL had nothing left.

Lastly will add Oregon will gripe about the Nix injury affecting the game, but that's what happens when the heart of your offense is a QB running over and over again - they get hurt.

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368 Swaye's Wigwam

The hit by Cook on Nix was as clean and pure as the driven snow.

Cook goes from mediocre afterthought to borderline folk hero in one play
    He should NIL the shit out of it with signed pictures or something like that I'll waste my money on.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

UW was the more physical team, especially on the lines.

Irving was the most physical player though

Irving is a slippery little fuck but a limited player. Dye and Verdell were better despite what Quooks want to convince themselves. He has two touchdowns this year which shows he's not explosive and they run Nix a lot in the red zone.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,616

Irving is a slippery little fuck but a limited player. Dye and Verdell were better despite what Quooks want to convince themselves. He has two touchdowns this year which shows he's not explosive and they run Nix a lot in the red zone.
    Irving is easily better than either of them. He has 2 TDs because they only run Nix in the red zone.
    edited November 2022
    dnc said:

Irving is easily better than either of them. He has 2 TDs because they only run Nix in the red zone.
    agree to disagree but they're all pumped up JAGS and Irving is eating against the worst defenses in conference history and still can't break big runs and with a major run threat at QB.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,830 Founders Club
    I always knew McQueefery would be great. His time spent in Eastern Europe and China refining his doping technique was time well spent. Boner was right to push for his services. Who needs tribal Rhino Cum anymore? We’ve traded up to the designer shit.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club

The hit by Cook on Nix was as clean and pure as yellow snow.

@DerekJohnson HH Giveaway for next year?

• RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    If the Dawgs had Bucky Irving they would have run rough-shot all over the Ducks.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

dnc said:

agree to disagree but they're all pumped up JAGS and Irving is eating against the worst defenses in conference history and still can't break big runs and with a major run threat at QB.
    Irving averages a broken tackle every two carries. On the season

he also isn't little
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Irving is what I wish Dick Newton and Jay Sunday were

edited November 2022
    All of your mentalities on this is why Washington loses to Oregon so often and not realizing it's the overall aura of Oregon that works for the most part and not individual players. I just wasted five minutes of my life watching his highlights against WSU to remind me of what he is. I want that time back.
    edited November 2022
    Washington State can tackle well but otherwise is even worse than Washington on defense.

Irving plays into their strengths

Irving still averages a broken tackle every 2 carries on the season. He is good and you're entering doog territory with this line of thinking