Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Here's to feeling good all the Time

2»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam

@DerekJohnson

Thanks for the shoutout. The line has been better than I expected in pass pro. Run blocking still needs some work. Short yardage situations are iffy

@RaceBannon can issue a formal apology to Huff

Door ass out

JFC you're a doog
    Lol

Later guys!

Pass pro has been amazing though fr fr
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,678 Founders Club

@DerekJohnson

Thanks for the shoutout. The line has been better than I expected in pass pro. Run blocking still needs some work. Short yardage situations are iffy

Door ass out

JFC you're a doog
    Lol

Later guys!

The problems with the running game on Saturday were all on the running backs and not the line. The run blocking was outstanding. I'm starting to wonder about our RB coach.
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    Missed opportunity “Here’s to feeling good all the Tim”
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,577 Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks for reading my stuff, guysm.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,830 Founders Club

@DerekJohnson

Door ass out

JFC you're a doog
    Lol

Later guys!

The problems with the running game on Saturday were all on the running backs and not the line. The run blocking was outstanding. I'm starting to wonder about our RB coach.
    I get what you're saying but we've been watching UW running backs run into the designed hole whether it's there or not since Gaskin graduated. Good running backs find the creases that are created in the melee of a play and not necessarily where the play is drawn up to go. The transfer RB's are here for a reason and all the holdovers were scouted by the same coach who loved him some crazy skeletons and RC cars. Not sure any coach can fix bad vision. Effort, ball security and blocking? Sure.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,678 Founders Club

@DerekJohnson

Door ass out

JFC you're a doog
    Lol

Later guys!

I get what you're saying but we've been watching UW running backs run into the designed hole whether it's there or not since Gaskin graduated. Good running backs find the creases that are created in the melee of a play and not necessarily where the play is drawn up to go. The transfer RB's are here for a reason and all the holdovers were scouted by the same coach who loved him some crazy skeletons and RC cars. Not sure any coach can fix bad vision. Effort, ball security and blocking? Sure.
    "Our players are good enough if me and my coaches do a good enough job of coaching them." - Chuck Knox
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a really small sample, but Kenneth Walker is a great example of a back who has vision and can make the line look better than it really is. Running backs are born with an ability to be great -- or they're named Tualapapa.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

It's a really small sample, but Kenneth Walker is a great example of a back who has vision and can make the line look better than it really is. Running backs are born with an ability to be great -- or they're named Tualapapa.

It’s true.

It’s also helpful to have some sort of freakish skill like power, speed or agility. You can then put them in a place to succeed at least situationally.

Our running backs do not seem to have any of that and their vision and feel for space sucks.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

UW running backs are almost able to take what is spoon fed to them. Sometimes Cam Davis gets going forward with a head of steam and takes what he's given. The others can't seem to manage that.

Gaskin would average 6+ yards per carry in this offense. He would be making a huge difference.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

TheHB said:

UW running backs are almost able to take what is spoon fed to them. Sometimes Cam Davis gets going forward with a head of steam and takes what he's given. The others can't seem to manage that.

Gaskin would average 6+ yards per carry in this offense. He would be making a huge difference.
    Dear god, with Gaskin we'd be averaging 50 points a game. Of course, we'd probably be surrendering 45 points a game. But it would be entertaining.
    Maybe. It would keep the UW defense off the field a bit more. Unfortunately it would also put opponents into throw mode earlier in games, which isn't good for UWs defense.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member Posts: 1,480

Good to know. Look forward to getting 86ed next year
    You should try getting 69ed instead!
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Good to know. Look forward to getting 86ed next year
    You should try getting 69ed instead!
    That’s called Wednesday in Sedro-Woolley