Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon top ten again

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Gordo points out that UO is the highest ranked Pac team for the 5th year in a row and ranked top 10 for the 5th year out of 6. I'm not going to say that isn't impressive because it is, but yet, its been two seasons since they won the league. Did they win three or four titles before the Stanford double?

All in all, two BCS bowl wins, a natty loss, and a Rose Bowl loss with an Alamo Bowl win during the run.

Satisfied or feeling a bit empty?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I'm going to need to see a natty.

Or at least a good replacement for Helfrich.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I'm going to need to see a natty.

Or at least a good replacement for Helfrich.

how about a 1/2 a real natty and a help-yourself-natty from 1960?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    If we can't get a crystal ball, I'll settle for an off season natty
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'd suck buffalo off for a nickle a herd to have two BCS wins, and NC played for (and lost), three conference championships, and a FUCKING Alamo Bowel win in the last 5 years.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I'd suck buffalo off for a nickle a herd to have two BCS wins, and NC played for (and lost), three conference championships, and a FUCKING Alamo Bowel win in the last 5 years.

1 Natty + 4 owentwelve seasons > 2 BCS wins, 1 Natty loss, 3 conference championships, and a December bowl win.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    The Duck fans I know are disappointed. Their expectations down there are a little different, don't ya know...
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One great thing is the media is holding Slingblade's cock to the fire. All of the "Way too early" 2014 polls have Oregon in the Top 3 again like they did this year. When you're pre-season Top 3 you're not allowed to be Mike Bellotti.

Sure, Chip lost a nail biter to Stanford his last year, but he also didn't lose another game and face fucked K-State in the BCS. Slingblade got smoked by Stanford, made it look close in junk time, and got slaughtered by Rich Rod (one of the successful architechs of what we try to do) to get to San Antonio.

The ass ramming by Stanford this year doesn't look good now that they lost to USC after they beat Oregon, ASU exposed themselves to be a gimme in the CCG, and lost the Rose Bowl.

If Oregon loses to Sparty in week 3 you can already start to rule out making the playoff as two SEC teams making up 50% of the bracket will be mandatory.Pre-season Top 3 and out of the race before conference play even starts means you've failed. Any blunders after that will be extremely magnified.

I can't see Slingblade getting much support after taking a Top 3 team to the Alamo and taking another Too 3 team to whatever isn't the playoffs next year. Beating Mack Brown in his fuck off game after a shit season earned him nothing in my book. #10 vs 8-4 with fired coach = you better win easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Mosster47 said:

One great thing is the media is holding Slingblade's cock to the fire. All of the "Way too early" 2014 polls have Oregon in the Top 3 again like they did this year. When you're pre-season Top 3 you're not allowed to be Mike Bellotti.

Sure, Chip lost a nail biter to Stanford his last year, but he also didn't lose another game and face fucked K-State in the BCS. Slingblade got smoked by Stanford, made it look close in junk time, and got slaughtered by Rich Rod (one of the successful architechs of what we try to do) to get to San Antonio.

The ass ramming by Stanford this year doesn't look good now that they lost to USC after they beat Oregon, ASU exposed themselves to be a gimme in the CCG, and lost the Rose Bowl.

If Oregon loses to Sparty in week 3 you can already start to rule out making the playoff as two SEC teams making up 50% of the bracket will be mandatory.Pre-season Top 3 and out of the race before conference play even starts means you've failed. Any blunders after that will be extremely magnified.

I can't see Slingblade getting much support after taking a Top 3 team to the Alamo and taking another Too 3 team to whatever isn't the playoffs next year. Beating Mack Brown in his fuck off game after a shit season earned him nothing in my book. #10 vs 8-4 with fired coach = you better win easy.

An unmedicated PL_SS could have coasted us to victory in the Alamo
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    should have slaughtered Texas

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

1 Natty + 4 owentwelve seasons > 2 BCS wins, 1 Natty loss, 3 conference championships, and a December bowl win.
    But still...
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    three is too high so six or seven might fit better.

Perhaps Kim could spare some time from helping the Huskies to helping us. He is such a fine and good resource for all things football according to my sources
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Jesus.
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    He posts here
    Yeah, but he doesn't whine like this.