Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kwat and Huff relating to fast strategy

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

MisterEm said:

Fishing humor not appreciated unless it comes from pumpy or yella I guess.

Yep. So far, the fishing higher level discussion bored is me Mosster, Pumpy, Flea, Mister Em and @Swaye when he's not passed out drunk on the bank.
    Thanks for the pub. Just got the littlest Em into his first trout slay last week in the Lost Wilderness in W. Colorado. Still need to take them back to WA for the nooks and steelhead brats.

I have salmon flies bigger than the trout here.
    Ha ha. There's hogs (not anything comparable to steelhead, of course) in CO. Just gotta know where to look.

Used to go sturgeon fishing out in Hell's Canyon on the snake while raft guiding. Caught some massive bastards back in the day but always catch and release.

And people thought Dinos went extinct.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

Fishing humor not appreciated unless it comes from pumpy or yella I guess.

Yep. So far, the fishing higher level discussion bored is me Mosster, Pumpy, Flea, Mister Em and @Swaye when he's not passed out drunk on the bank.
    Thanks for the pub. Just got the littlest Em into his first trout slay last week in the Lost Wilderness in W. Colorado. Still need to take them back to WA for the nooks and steelhead brats.

I have salmon flies bigger than the trout here.
    Ha ha. There's hogs (not anything comparable to steelhead, of course) in CO. Just gotta know where to look.

Not comparable. I get to cheat with raft electrofishers and adult traps for work as well. Its mah jerb. CPW promotes it well, though.

Never rolled anything over 30" outside lakers in the mountains. Spillway fisheries down low are overplayed. Water quality is horrid. The big fish below are often the old fat spawners from the hatcheries. They even post online where they stock the old spawners. Whoopie.

A 30" midwest "toad" is your run of the mill hatchery brat on any river north of Eureka. In this region, Wyoming and Montana piss all over Colorado for cold water fisheries. Colorado just has more people, and anglers.

In the 8 midwest states I cover for sportfishermen....its Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado a distant last place for trout fisheries. The other states are primarily spiny-ray and walleye fisheries...not comparable.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

I assure you no 16 or 17 year old recruit would recognize a kid rock song if they heard it. Everything we assholes listen to fits in the same category of "old man music" to them.

Unless it becomes a "meme song" like Toto's "Africa" and Smash Mouth's "All-Star"
    White millenial America collectively shat it’s pants over Weezer’s cover of “Africa” that dropped a couple months back
    Weezer covered Africa? Gonna have to check that out.
    It's not 1/10th the original and I like Weezer.
    Holy shit, that cover is an abomination and I love 1994- 96 Weezer. Toto's Africa was brilliant and didn't need to be covered.
    I always thought the song was sung from the perspective of a traveling climatologist: "I test the rains down in Africa!".