Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Run DNC’s Rap Tourney Battle Royale

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Alright gangstas, I apologize for the delay, but yo nigga was on CP time. Fuck off.

Irregardless it's a mute poont but the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived.

Here are the ground rules:

Artists are put into brackets based on their last decade of relevance (decided by me). It’s not as simple as the last decade you put something out, it’s the last decade you put something out worth a damn. This fixes the tourney’s two biggest issues - overly stacked 90’s and overly light 10’s.

To avoid moving the light bracket to the 80’s I have made one exception - the 80’s bracket will be anyone who had a relevant album in the 80’s. Again, this thins out the 90s.

This allows us to better match acts against their contemporaries than trying to cross seed things, while still getting closer to a best 64 acts rather than simply four sets of best 16s.

One final groundrule before we get to the brackets, there will be multiple cases of an individual in the bracket as well as the group he was a part of (mostly involving NWA and Wu Tang but also Geto Boys/Scarface and probably somebody else I'm forgetting). In these cases the individual should get credit for his entire contribution to the genre - including his contribution to the group - whereas the group only gets credit for what they did collectively together, not what the individuals did on their own.

80s Bracket (shoutout to @Bad_MotherDucker for the assist)

1. NWA
2. Public Enemy
3. Run DMC
4. Eric B and Rakim
5. Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five
6. KRS-One
7. Ice T
8. 2 Live Crew
9. Kool Moe Dee
10. Big Daddy Kane
11. LL Cool J
12. Slick Rick
13. Kurtis Blow
14. Doug E Fresh
15. The Sugarhill Gang
Beastie Boys

90s Bracket (shoutout to Delridge)

1. Pac
2. Biggie
3. Ice Cube
4. Wu Tang Clan
5. Too Short
6. Bone Thugs N Harmony
7. E40
8. Geto Boys
9. A Tribe Called Quest
10. Goodie Mobb
11. Mobb Deep
12. Eazy E
13. Lauryn Hill
14. Old Dirty Bastard
15. Warren G
16. Master P

00s Bracket

1. Outkast
2. Jay Z
3. Eminem
4. Snoop Doggy Dogg
5. Method Man
6. DMX
7. 50 Cent
8. Scarface
9. Ghostface Killa
10. TI
11. Ludacris
12. Nelly
13. Timbaland
14. Missy Elliott
15. Three Six Mafia
16. Young Jeezy

10s Bracket (shoutouts to @RoadDawg55, @NEsnake12, @jhfstyle24 and @backthepack for help sorting through this dreckfest)
1. Nas
2. Lil Wayne
3. Kanye
4. Drake
5. Kendrick Lamar
6. J Cole
7. Chance the Rapper
8. Future
9. 2 Chainz
10. Gucci Mane
11. Meek Mill
12. Wiz Kalifa
13. Kid Cudi
14. Childish Gambino
15. Chief Keef
16. Kodak Black

These are your brackets, triple stamped it, no erasies.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Vote Or Die begins tomorrow bitches. See you at the poles.

Comments