Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Putin Asked Trump For Permission To Interrogate Obama's Ambassador

Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-18/putin-asked-trump-permission-interrogate-obamas-ambassador

Sanders reported that President Trump is open to a proposal from Vladimir Putin to let Russian authorities question the former U.S. ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul.

While Trump reportedly made no commitments to Putin, the Russian president offered to allow Special Counsel Robert Mueller to observe interrogations of the 12 Russian intelligence agents indicted by a U.S. grand jury last week for hacking Democratic Party email accounts.

Trump called it an “interesting idea” and an “incredible offer” at the news conference.

Sanders left the press corps dangling by concluding that:

"The president will work with his team and we’ll let you know if there’s an announcement on that front."

Great opportunity for Mueller to prove his case against the Russians.

Lol!

Comments

• Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Update: It appears Michael McFaul is really getting nervous, tweeting like a teenager on meth tonight:

"I hope the White House corrects the record and denounces in categorical terms this ridiculous request from Putin. Not doing so creates moral equivalency between a legitimacy US indictment of Russian intelligence officers and a crazy, completely fabricated story invented by Putin"

I hope the White House corrects the record and denounces in categorical terms this ridiculous request from Putin. Not doing so creates moral equivalency between a legitimacy US indictment of Russian intelligence officers and a crazy, completely fabricated story invented by Putin https://t.co/K1ZvrNwTu3

— Michael McFaul (@McFaul) July 18, 2018
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    “Putin has been harassing me for a long time,” McFaul said on Twitter on Wednesday.

“That he now wants to arrest me, however, takes it to a new level. I expect my government to defend me and my colleagues in public and private.”

Christopher Stevens had that same expectation.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Shitshow continues.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don’t get your panties in a wad, he has diplomatic immunity unless Trump waives it. That’s a bad precedent to set for so little in return.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Absolutely fucking disgusting that this administration didn't immediately come out with a clear rejection of Putin's offer. Fucking. Disgusting.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    USMChawk said:

Don’t get your panties in a wad, he has diplomatic immunity unless Trump waives it. That’s a bad precedent to set for so little in return.

O rLY??
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

USMChawk said:

Ya think. Offering up political adversaries to hostile governments as trade bait.
    He's not even a political adversary. He's a career academic and sometime diplomat who worked for the Obama Administration on Russia policy, but who also helped set up the Carnegie Endowment's Russia branch under the supervision of Reagan's former NSC Policy Planning Director.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

USMChawk said:

Ya think. Offering up political adversaries to hostile governments as trade bait.
    He's not even a political adversary. He's a career academic and sometime diplomat who worked for the Obama Administration on Russia policy, but who also helped set up the Carnegie Endowment's Russia branch under the supervision of Reagan's former NSC Policy Planning Director.
    But still???
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    I am sure the good Ambassador knows something about how Bill Browder got $1.5Billion out of Russia without paying taxes on it. Putin wants to talk have a chat on the subject.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Right. He pulls this stunt and it's over for him. Done. Sell the fucking couch.

Fucking book it.

He'll be walking this shit back by tomorrow after he gets shit on by every real American there is. No fucking body except a ball gargler like Dud61 thinks there's any chance of this actually happening.

Trump and Putin are teaming up to go after the deep state. Book it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm hearing hondo will volunteer in his place.