Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Bush Hamdan effect

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

I have a shitty feeling the offense is going to be called the same. Will make for fun time on the boreds though.

Criticism in that case goes to Pete not bush.
    what? they both should be blamed if they have same abomination of an offense they did last year
    my point being that will confirm beyond all modicum of doubt that pete has a tight grip on the scheme/playcalling and any OC in place is merely running his system and doesn't have much in the way of originality/variance
    He certainly does. Pete was quoted on day one of Spring Ball saying they like their offense and talking about how cool it was that Bush was familiar with it.
    Petersen tried handing the full reigns of the offense over to an OC at Boise State. Robert Prince was the OC for two seasons and he pretty much junked the "classic" BSU offense and went to a very simplified up-tempo pistol system. They were easily the two worst offenses of Petersen's tenure there.

So he probably learned a lesson from that. Unfortunately maybe the wrong lesson.

While I would love to see UW run a different offense that is easier to learn and can be played at tempo, it isn't happening now. And probably never will.

How much simpler can it get? Hand the ball to Gaskin, hand the ball to Gaskin, throw to Savon or Bryant?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

I have a shitty feeling the offense is going to be called the same. Will make for fun time on the boreds though.

He can make a huge difference by simply making better choices on like a half dozen plays a game. As much as I would love to believe that he may have a significantly larger impact than that, I will be very happy with him simply not calling a handful of momentum killing Smiff Specials and being a little more stubborn about running the ball.
    So you're saying you DON'T enjoy seeing passing plays on 3 of 4 downs each series?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

Herbstreit on ESPN Columbus, WBNS 1460 AM this morning said Hamdan is the most underrated OC hire in the offseason and that the offense will be "staggeringly" improved.

prayingdoog.gif

#mybush
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

Herbstreit on ESPN Columbus, WBNS 1460 AM this morning said Hamdan is the most underrated OC hire in the offseason and that the offense will be "staggeringly" improved.

I agree. It will be like that time babushka had to bring his sippy cup to the kids table to make room for uncle Jeff.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BaldwinIV said:

He'll have cupcakes on the sideline at the Auburn game.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I am just thankful that the ESPN people talk about the UW at all.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Best playcaller in America?
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    Maybe he learned some things from Sark while at Atlanta.

What brand of Patron does Bush drink?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BaldwinIV said:

If true, there’ll be lots of staggering around Montlake this fall.