Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WSJ: The Trump First Doctrine — Putin respects strength but Trump showed weakness

Comments

• USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

The part about Russia pretty well sums up my views. I'll leave EU and NATO and Britain to others to dissect. On Russia, he bungled it. Had a real chance there, but dropped the ball badly. His massive insecurities caused most of that debacle, as the author correctly points out. Putin will now just do whatever he wants for the next 2-6 years. And not backing our intel folks was just bad form. Look, I have worked for one of these three letter agencies. Trump has some legitimate complaints here, but that was not the correct forum for airing them. Looked JV to me. Gave Putin more power. Diminished his own. Like I said, he stepped on his own dick, and didn't have to.

Here's the thing, I like Trump - well, I like what Trump has done to upset the apple cart in Washington, so it's fair to say I love what he represents. But this fragile ego thing is a constant source of befuddlement to me. What does Trump have to feel so fragile about? He rich as fuck. Nailed piles of hot chicks, and married to another super hot one. He is the leader of the free world. What am I missing? That question doesn't need answering.

But, I will also add to this that all the useful idiots calling him a traitor are just stupid. Nothing he did even comes close to treason. Jesus. Get a grip people. It was a tremendously bungled presser, where he let his anger at Mueller get the better of him, and his intense distrust of the intel community almost ruin him. That's it. This isn't Benedict Arnold turning over the fort shit. Kill yourself Brennan.

I think Trump is used to buying his politicians, through campaign contributions, not negotiating with them. His life has been making business deals with people who are concerned about the bottom line. Now he’s dealing with people who are concerned about votes, and could care less about spending other people’s money. He hasn’t adapted to his new reality.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I'm not sure I totally buy it but a surprising number of people that have had the opportunity to fuck up Hillary's career have died.

Maybe I'm just a shithead but I sometimes think "well if I was in her position and could get away with it I'd have them taken out too"

Yet Trump is still alive. Would be easy to fake a heart attack.

Trump could afford the best private security money can buy. He isnt some no name DNC staffer shot in a "botched robbery" with his wallet and watch still on him while walking home from work.
    Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths".[14][15][16] They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory,[17] and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used.[7][16][17] The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him.[6][7][18] Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong.[19] In return, the Rich family filed a defamation lawsuit against Fox News in March 2018, stating "The pain and anguish that comes from seeing your murdered son's life and legacy treated as a mere political football is beyond comprehension."[20]

None of that disproves what I said.
    Nothing proves what you said either.
    A long but worthwhile read:

https://spectator.org/mr-mueller-was-the-dnc-server-actually-hacked-by-the-russians/
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Nothings changed with me

The democrats unleash a torrent of bullshit and by the next day its washed out in the sewer

Another failure. Be proud

Failure is the perfect word to describe this administration. Solid work.
    Yeah the economy is really collapsing just like all the liberal economists predicted post election.
    What economist exactly predicted the economy would collapse? Although the tariffs could lead to a recession.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Everyone loved Assange until he said that Russia was not the source of the DNC leaks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tommy let me know when you guys can beat the "failure"

Losers lose, loser
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I'm not sure I totally buy it but a surprising number of people that have had the opportunity to fuck up Hillary's career have died.

Maybe I'm just a shithead but I sometimes think "well if I was in her position and could get away with it I'd have them taken out too"

Trump could afford the best private security money can buy. He isnt some no name DNC staffer shot in a "botched robbery" with his wallet and watch still on him while walking home from work.
    Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths".[14][15][16] They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory,[17] and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used.[7][16][17] The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him.[6][7][18] Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong.[19] In return, the Rich family filed a defamation lawsuit against Fox News in March 2018, stating "The pain and anguish that comes from seeing your murdered son's life and legacy treated as a mere political football is beyond comprehension."[20]

https://spectator.org/mr-mueller-was-the-dnc-server-actually-hacked-by-the-russians/
    I'd forgotten about that Nation article. Must read for anyone concerned with all this.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Actions speak louder than words.

2001400ex said:

Nothings changed with me

The democrats unleash a torrent of bullshit and by the next day its washed out in the sewer

Another failure. Be proud

Failure is the perfect word to describe this administration. Solid work.
    Yeah the economy is really collapsing just like all the liberal economists predicted post election.
    What economist exactly predicted the economy would collapse? Although the tariffs could lead to a recession.

• “If Trump wins we should expect a big markdown in expected future earnings for a wide range of stocks — and a likely crash in the broader market [if Trump becomes president].” —Eric Zitzewitz, former chief economist at the IMF, November 2016.

• “Under Trump, I would expect a protracted recession to begin within 18 months. The damage would be felt far beyond the United States.” — Former Clinton and Obama chief economist Larry Summers, June 2016

• “Trump would likely cause the stock market to crash and plunge the world into recession.” —Simon Johnson, MIT economics professor, in The New York Times, November 2016.

• “Citigroup: A Trump Victory in November Could Cause a Global Recession” — Bloomberg Financial News headline, August 2016.

• “I have never seen an election in which the markets have so strong of a view as to what was good and bad about the outcome. And what you saw was the markets rallying yesterday because of the FBI thing on Sunday. And the reason I mention this particularly is if the likely event happens and Trump wins you will see a market crash of historic proportions, I think … The markets are terrified of him.” — Steve Rattner, MSNBC economic guru, October 2016.

• “Wall Street is set up for a major crash if Donald Trump shocks the world on Election Day and wins the White House. New research out on Friday suggests that financial markets strongly prefer a Hillary Clinton presidency and could react with panicked selling should Trump defy the polls and deliver a shocking upset on Nov. 8.” — Ben White, Politico, October 2016.
    Fuck off. That's like me quoting all the times Fox news said Obamacare would crater the economy. Those are mostly political pundits spouting bullshit.

Besides I heard for the last 8 years from you that the stock market wasn't the economy.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hondo asks for a link then buries his head in his ass

Get a new playbook fag
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dflea said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Define worthwhile

Hondo asks for a link then buries his head in his ass

Get a new playbook fag

He said liberal economists. Not political pundits. You should be smart enough to know the difference. But sadly you aren't.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Go fuck yourself

This could be a good bored

Hell even a dullard like @insinceredawg is better than you are.

Edwin is still a pussy though

Go fuck yourself

You sound bitter Race. Must still be hungover from yesterday's Trump dicksucking event.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Tommy let me know when you guys can beat the "failure"

Losers lose, loser

Winning an election (with it without the aid of foreign hackers) is now the basis for success? You must have loved Obama.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942

Go fuck yourself

Womp womp
    Squirt said:

2001400ex said:

He said liberal economists. Not political pundits. You should be smart enough to know the difference. But sadly you aren't.

I dunno, man, most of those quotes are from actual economists. Paul Krugman also melted down on Election Day:

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.
    Anyone who thought a recession was coming within 18 months is fucktarded. There will always be a bounce with tax cuts and stuff. Yes there are fucktarded liberals who were melting down saying anything they could to prevent a trump presidency.

That being said, we are close to the longest expansion in our history and the stock market has flattened out the last 6 months or so. So we will have a recession at some point, just not sure when. It'll probably be a quick shallow one.