Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

They're not coming for your guns

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

I am against taking away citizen's legally owned firearms w/o due process. BUT part of the Yella Platform is that if you have a minor who gets a hold of one of your gun's and shoots someone at school, you're just as fucking guilty and will get the death penalty. You want to own the guns great, but with that privilege comes great responsibility.

Yep. Chain of custody. You are your weapon. Whatever it does, you did, until there is a bill of sale or a police report for theft preceding the shit that went down.

And then the courts can figure it out after that.

Be it a minor or anyone in my book.
    So those big rental truck companies CEO's are all in prison?
    Let's clean it up here guys. We've got way too many false analogies going on with the guns.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

I am against taking away citizen's legally owned firearms w/o due process. BUT part of the Yella Platform is that if you have a minor who gets a hold of one of your gun's and shoots someone at school, you're just as fucking guilty and will get the death penalty. You want to own the guns great, but with that privilege comes great responsibility.

Yep. Chain of custody. You are your weapon. Whatever it does, you did, until there is a bill of sale or a police report for theft preceding the shit that went down.

That’s stupid. Someone signed off on the rental agreement to take custody of the truck. No one rents guns. And if there is some sort of gun rental service, whoever rented the gun would absolve the owner of any wrong doing when signing the rental agreement and taking custody.
    Just an analogy. But having a gun taken from you in a crime (theft, burglary, robbery etc.) somehow means you are still responsible for anything that happens with it. If it's your own kid and it was unsecured is one thing but a juvenile (or any thief etc.) thief is not.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

That’s stupid. Someone signed off on the rental agreement to take custody of the truck. No one rents guns. And if there is some sort of gun rental service, whoever rented the gun would absolve the owner of any wrong doing when signing the rental agreement and taking custody.
    Just an analogy. But having a gun taken from you in a crime (theft, burglary, robbery etc.) somehow means you are still responsible for anything that happens with it. If it's your own kid and it was unsecured is one thing but a juvenile (or any thief etc.) thief is not.
    If someone breaks into your house and steals your Gun, they would have stolen other things as well. You would know if it happened. Calling the police to report it stolen would absolve you of whatever happens with that weapon.

Too many people are hiding behind the 2nd amendment as if a gun owner doesn’t or shouldn’t have responsibilities as to what happens to your weapon. Just because you have a right to own it doesn’t mean you don’t have a responsibility to store it safely so that no one other than you can get to it.

And if something happened, the courts can figure out whether you were negligent or not. And this would spark innovation and growth in the gun safe industry.
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

If someone breaks into your house and steals your Gun, they would have stolen other things as well. You would know if it happened. Calling the police to report it stolen would absolve you of whatever happens with that weapon.

Too many people are hiding behind the 2nd amendment as if a gun owner doesn’t or shouldn’t have responsibilities as to what happens to your weapon. Just because you have a right to own it doesn’t mean you don’t have a responsibility to store it safely so that no one other than you can get to it.

And if something happened, the courts can figure out whether you were negligent or not. And this would spark innovation and growth in the gun safe industry.
    People stealing your property should absolve you of any liability. It does with any other item and should for firearms. Otherwise you need Fort Knox like security to protect yourself from liability. The founders didn't have gun safes. I'm not hiding behind the 2nd amendment but am asking for equal protection under the law as required by the 14th amendment.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Society not guns is where the problem lies. We've had guns since their invention but did not have the type of incidents we have now. At least not with this frequency.

What's changed more society and morals or guns? Definitely society and morals. Guns have changed very little in 100 years.

That is wholly not true. Not even close. That's what a 24 hour news cycle does to your brain.
    Really whats not true Hondo? Poont it out.
    See the bold writing. For fucks sakes man. You knew hear?
    You have no facts per usual. Simple liberal dribble. Burgers are burning.
    Is your Google broken or you and southerndawg and race choose to remain ignorant?

photo 21777D85-8F63-4967-AFBF-6F51DA023724_zpsnipnxn3c.png

Funny thing, what happened in 1994? Brady bill there? Odd isn't it?

Id be interested to see a geographic breakdown of guns per citizen over time.
    I'm 43..have owned 9 I think it is.

Right now am at 4 in my possession. Is that a lot? I dont think it is but what do I know.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Society not guns is where the problem lies. We've had guns since their invention but did not have the type of incidents we have now. At least not with this frequency.

What's changed more society and morals or guns? Definitely society and morals. Guns have changed very little in 100 years.

That is wholly not true. Not even close. That's what a 24 hour news cycle does to your brain.
    Really whats not true Hondo? Poont it out.
    See the bold writing. For fucks sakes man. You knew hear?
    You have no facts per usual. Simple liberal dribble. Burgers are burning.
    Is your Google broken or you and southerndawg and race choose to remain ignorant?

photo 21777D85-8F63-4967-AFBF-6F51DA023724_zpsnipnxn3c.png

Funny thing, what happened in 1994? Brady bill there? Odd isn't it?

Id be interested to see a geographic breakdown of guns per citizen over time.
    I'm 43..have owned 9 I think it is.

Right now am at 4 in my possession. Is that a lot? I dont think it is but what do I know.
    I have 7 and have sold another 3. You’re probably below average for a gun owner.

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

People stealing your property should absolve you of any liability. It does with any other item and should for firearms. Otherwise you need Fort Knox like security to protect yourself from liability. The founders didn't have gun safes. I'm not hiding behind the 2nd amendment but am asking for equal protection under the law as required by the 14th amendment.
    I covered the theft and liability in my poast.

The founders had one shot muskets.

If you can’t secure your weapons, you shouldn’t own them.
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

They had the most advanced weaponry available. Mine are secure. Safe aren't that hard to open. Watch a few videos on Youtube. I've known several people that had them carried away as well. So you'll still be responsible.
    Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

They had the most advanced weaponry available. Mine are secure. Safe aren't that hard to open. Watch a few videos on Youtube. I've known several people that had them carried away as well. So you'll still be responsible.
    How and why do you have so many friends that had their weapons stolen?And for the 4th time, once you file the police report, your liability ceases.
    edited July 2018
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

How and why do you have so many friends that had their weapons stolen?And for the 4th time, once you file the police report, your liability ceases.
    Someone broke into their homes and stole their gun safe. Among other things. Burglaries happen.

Those that wish to curtail our rights want an owner held responsible. No need for us to argue.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think I own 28 guns currently. Right near that. Probably owned 80 in my lifetime. Bought sold and traded for the last 25 years. Is that a lot? Who cares. I've known collectors that had over a hundred. I keep mine in two safes. If they get stolen I'll report it.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I think I own 28 guns currently. Right near that. Probably owned 80 in my lifetime. Bought sold and traded for the last 25 years. Is that a lot? Who cares. I've known collectors that had over a hundred. I keep mine in two safes. If they get stolen I'll report it.

The lifestyle you can live if you don’t get married and have kids.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

The lifestyle you can live if you don’t get married and have kids.

I'll die alone aged and cripled, with a failing liver, but I will have had fun getting to that death bed.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I only have 1 and it only holds 7 in the tube. Zombie bait.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've owned 9 for 25 years now. Back in 1992 I went up to the high desert outside LA on a shooting expedition with about twenty gun nuts, and brought the six guns that I had at the time with me. The next fewest somebody brought was 12, and many brought up 50. And, of course, my boss brought the 3" cannon that he built with T2 steel and Defending Your Life oak for the carriage... strapped it down on the back of his stakebed so he could fire broadsides. A few of us came back to LA on Saturday evening, but the guys who stayed out there got a front-row seat for the 7.4 Landers quake the following morning.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BearsWiin said:

I've owned 9 for 25 years now. Back in 1992 I went up to the high desert outside LA on a shooting expedition with about twenty gun nuts, and brought the six guns that I had at the time with me. The next fewest somebody brought was 12, and many brought up 50. And, of course, my boss brought the 3" cannon that he built with T2 steel and Defending Your Life oak for the carriage... strapped it down on the back of his stakebed so he could fire broadsides. A few of us came back to LA on Saturday evening, but the guys who stayed out there got a front-row seat for the 7.4 Landers quake the following morning.

But can Elizabeth Hurley shoot a gun?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

But can Elizabeth Hurley do anything besides being incredibly hot?

Noc