Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"WSU fans are delusional"

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    dnc said:

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

This thread is full of retard but this is probably the most retarded poast in the entire thread. You had a great coach for four years. That coach won the conference all four years and went 11-3-4-2. Your problem isn't that having a great coach wasn't enough, your problem was you just couldn't keep that great coach long enough.

If Chip had been there a full duckade you'd have one natty, maybe two, rather easily.

If your lesson from Chip Kelly was "we don't need to hire another coach like Chip" you're a total fucking moron.

So yeah that's probably what your lesson was.
    The lesson was that we needed better recruits to have a better shot at beating Auburn. Better recruits and a better coach to beat OSU. Better, bigger o and d lines against Auburn and that game could have been ours. "We don't need to hire another coach like Chip" is your own dopey interpretation. Although you're right in one regard, Chip staying longer might have resulted in a championship because the caliber of recruits would have continued to improve with continued success.

You're about 10 years or so behind Oregon. Chip paved the way for UO to take the next step and build a dominant program long term. You have a really good coach, but he's not as good as Chip, and he's not a great recruiter. You can give him all the time in the world to get is own guys in there, but it won't matter if you can't get the sort of players who can give teams like Bama and Auburn and run for their money. Your only shot against teams like those is a Mariota caliber QB. And Pete hasn't demonstrated an ability to recruit and develop beasts like that.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

This thread went full blown quick.

And my Cuogs had nothing to do with it

#winning.

Rent free
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

This thread went full blown quick.

And my Cuogs had nothing to do with it

#winning.

Damn straight my broh!
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

ah, makes a ton more sense now.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- Good 'we lost, but we lost well' argument regarding Penn State.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

He's not a top 5 coach. Top 20 maybe. End of story.

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.
    Oregon played a ranked Oregon during practice.

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
    By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
    No that’s Bullshit. Their run was great. They won 4 BCs level bowels and had 2 Natty appearances. They beat up everybody in their run and absolutely embarrassed teams while they were doing it. At some point everyone one of them. Not just WSU and UW. Although during even the shit WSU years, the Cougs Gave them some problems. The whole nothing to lose thing I suppose.

Never in the game did we see a team slam the gas and never let up like Oregon did during that run. Every 15 seconds they’d line up and do it again, even if you knew it was comin.

It was something to behold.

My earlier point still stands though. Stanford was the only other legit challenger during most of the run due to the USC hammer and their fucktarded corching choices. Still a great Oregon run though by any standard.
    Cooged it again... Great teams win it all. And a 12 year run against your brow beaten rival doesnt make you a national power.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

ah, makes a ton more sense now.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- Good 'we lost, but we lost well' argument regarding Penn State.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

He's not a top 5 coach. Top 20 maybe. End of story.

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.
    Oregon played a ranked Oregon during practice.

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
    By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
    No that’s Bullshit. Their run was great. They won 4 BCs level bowels and had 2 Natty appearances. They beat up everybody in their run and absolutely embarrassed teams while they were doing it. At some point everyone one of them. Not just WSU and UW. Although during even the shit WSU years, the Cougs Gave them some problems. The whole nothing to lose thing I suppose.

Never in the game did we see a team slam the gas and never let up like Oregon did during that run. Every 15 seconds they’d line up and do it again, even if you knew it was comin.

It was something to behold.

My earlier point still stands though. Stanford was the only other legit challenger during most of the run due to the USC hammer and their fucktarded corching choices. Still a great Oregon run though by any standard.
    Cooged it again... Great teams win it all. And a 12 year run against your brow beaten rival doesnt make you a national power.
    So, Washington has had but one great team? Ever?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Coog = dynasty

Uw = house that sark built
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    @creepycoug

Jesus you're fucking pathetic. Is this what you're holding onto? Hoping Cristobol is actually a great recruiter and will assemble enough talent to beat UW? Would it make you feel slightly better in your miserable fucking life if you could at least watch Oregon beat UW knowing there's no fucking chance WSU will? Please don't blow your brains out and stay for a couple years. I can't wait to bump this thread when the majority of Oregon's roster are Cristobal recruits and they fucking suck and you and the quooks are fucking baffled because you thought he was a "great recruiter". I remember when people used to say Sark was a "great recruiter". How come half our team was absolute dog shit then? Why did our O-line suck so bad? Why did we have fucking hot garbage Cyler Miles and Jeff Lindquist to choose from at QB after Keith Price left? Why did we lack competitive depth at every position forcing us to play the starters almost every snap of every game which caused them to be gassed in the second half especially against up-tempo offenses? Why was the team perpetually young and forced to play Freshman who had no business playing? Maybe it's because we had a fucking clown show staff and all they did was chase star rankings instead of doing real talent evaluations completely independent of star rankings. Fuck you people are dumb. Enjoy the annual ass beating in the Apple cup bud. Try not to drink yourself into a coma. It's our favorite game of the year!

@creepycoug

Jesus you're fucking pathetic. Is this what you're holding onto? Hoping Cristobol is actually a great recruiter and will assemble enough talent to beat UW? Would it make you feel slightly better in your miserable fucking life if you could at least watch Oregon beat UW knowing there's no fucking chance WSU will? Please don't blow your brains out and stay for a couple years. I can't wait to bump this thread when the majority of Oregon's roster are Cristobal recruits and they fucking suck and you and the quooks are fucking baffled because you thought he was a "great recruiter". I remember when people used to say Sark was a "great recruiter". How come half our team was absolute dog shit then? Why did our O-line suck so bad? Why did we have fucking hot garbage Cyler Miles and Jeff Lindquist to choose from at QB after Keith Price left? Why did we lack competitive depth at every position forcing us to play the starters almost every snap of every game which caused them to be gassed in the second half especially against up-tempo offenses? Why was the team perpetually young and forced to play Freshman who had no business playing? Maybe it's because we had a fucking clown show staff and all they did was chase star rankings instead of doing real talent evaluations completely independent of star rankings. Fuck you people are dumb. Enjoy the annual ass beating in the Apple cup bud. Try not to drink yourself into a coma. It's our favorite game of the year!

tl;dr

Nobody tries that hard Sally; that much typing can only mean you're actually afraid of Oregon.

Sad, really.

#marioisagraterecruiter

#everyoneknowsit

#alotofwords
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    @creepycoug You're a Coug fan obsessed with posting on a UW board. Sad really. No rebuttal? You lose.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@creepycoug You're a Coug fan obsessed with posting on a UW board. Sad really. No rebuttal? You lose.

Pm @IrishDawg22 dawg

Nope. No rebuttal. You hit me where it hurts.

#marioisstillrecruitinglikeaboss

Pm @IrishDawg22 dawg
    I would ask IrishDawg22 to stand down on this one. Strongarm isn't hurting anyone.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Baseman said:

Just remember, Mike Leach took the job in Pullman when no one else would even return a call.

If you still are not convinced, I ask you this: where would Washington State be right now had Mike Leach not taken the job? What other head coach did the Cougs have a realistic shot at in 2012 that could resurrect the sunken titanic?

They were trying to decide between Saban and Belichick but hadn't made up their mind.
    mobey said:

Baseman said:

Just remember, Mike Leach took the job in Pullman when no one else would even return a call.

If you still are not convinced, I ask you this: where would Washington State be right now had Mike Leach not taken the job? What other head coach did the Cougs have a realistic shot at in 2012 that could resurrect the sunken titanic?

They were trying to decide between Saban and Belichick but hadn't made up their mind.
    Now that's funny.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thread is giving me anxiety
    Gladstone said:

thread is giving me anxiety

Safe space?