Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"WSU fans are delusional"

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

History says Cristobal can recruit.

History says Cristobal probably can't coach.

I like those odds.

Plus, zero olololllollol connection to 0regon, Pac12 or the region.
    I know. It's usually so important for a corch to be a local or regional guy.

Except that history shows it's not.
    Oregon's recent history says it is.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

This thread is full of retard but this is probably the most retarded poast in the entire thread. You had a great coach for four years. That coach won the conference all four years and went 11-3-4-2. Your problem isn't that having a great coach wasn't enough, your problem was you just couldn't keep that great coach long enough.

If Chip had been there a full duckade you'd have one natty, maybe two, rather easily.

If your lesson from Chip Kelly was "we don't need to hire another coach like Chip" you're a total fucking moron.

So yeah that's probably what your lesson was.
    Quooks like doogs hate facts
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

I like those odds.

But, but, but Bama!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I like those odds.

But, but, but Bama!

There is no track record he's a great recruiter period. Show me examples of him recruiting when he wasn't at fucking Alabama and was beating blue blood programs for 4 and 5 star recruits.

I "showed you" him being Butch Davis' undisputed ace recruiter at the U at a time when going there was really uncool. I "showed you" him being Schiano's ace recruiter and putting together talent at a program that had never had it. But you told me you didn't care about that, so I guess it doesn't count. You just want to focus on Alabama, where he also landed huge recruiting classes, because of your stupid af argument that it's a non-job. Apparently Saban doesn't consider the job of recruiting coordinator to be an important position. Only fanboys really believe that programs recruit themselves. Even during a run, there is competition. Amari Cooper, from, and wanted to sign with, Miami; wound up at Alabama.

He completely outperformed expectations bringing in talent (e.g. TY Hilton) to an FIU program that was amongst the worst in Division I. There is not a professional person in the sport who doesn't think that Pete Garcia completely fucked up letting him go after one step-back season after having made history at that shit show with a bowl appearance and winning record. Little or none of that sentiment was based on his football IQ. Everyone there knows he's a great recruiter.

AGAIN, as for Oregon, LIPO. That book is still being written; please spare me the idea that you know how it ends.

This past class and this current class UW is beating the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, Alabama, and Oklahoma for recruits. That is what big boy recruiting looks like. No shit? A program led by a nationally-respected coach who's been to two high profile post-season bowls in a row is recruiting well? Who would have thought? Oregon loses head to head with USC during the best of times. He's an unproven coach. They've been shitty. Let a recruiting class see Oregon go 10-3 or 9-4 and see what happens.

I'm not getting vastly overrated anything. Miami doesn't deal in overrated classes.

You guys gave Petersen a lot of time and slack before starting the process of writing him off. At least appear to be somewhat objective. There is not a recruiter in the country who is going to step in at Oregon, of all places, and start beating Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Clemson, etc. for elite recruits on a regular basis. I don't see Scott Frost meeting those standards at Nebraska, and he's at Nebraska. I see a lot of 3 and 4 stars who are being recruited by lower-tier programs or programs coming off a coaching change or in some other kind of turmoil. I don't follow Nebraska, so I stand to be corrected here, but a quick fly by of their list didn't look like it was a giant-killer time, so maybe Frost can't recruit either.

Just face it. You're going to make this argument no matter what happens. If the "right" program offers the kid, it's not a "real" offer. If they don't offer, it's because the kid's overrated, not because he's not OKG, or because he doesn't fill a priority recruiting position, oir because there's another prospect they'd rather have (which, btw, doesn't make the first kid overrated). No. It's always because the kid sucks.

This level of doogery is just so unmanly.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

There is no track record he's a great recruiter period. Show me examples of him recruiting when he wasn't at fucking Alabama and was beating blue blood programs for 4 and 5 star recruits.

I "showed you" him being Butch Davis' undisputed ace recruiter at the U at a time when going there was really uncool. I "showed you" him being Schiano's ace recruiter and putting together talent at a program that had never had it. But you told me you didn't care about that, so I guess it doesn't count. You just want to focus on Alabama, where he also landed huge recruiting classes, because of your stupid af argument that it's a non-job. Apparently Saban doesn't consider the job of recruiting coordinator to be an important position. Only fanboys really believe that programs recruit themselves. Even during a run, there is competition. Amari Cooper, from, and wanted to sign with, Miami; wound up at Alabama.

He completely outperformed expectations bringing in talent (e.g. TY Hilton) to an FIU program that was amongst the worst in Division I. There is not a professional person in the sport who doesn't think that Pete Garcia completely fucked up letting him go after one step-back season after having made history at that shit show with a bowl appearance and winning record. Little or none of that sentiment was based on his football IQ. Everyone there knows he's a great recruiter.

AGAIN, as for Oregon, LIPO. That book is still being written; please spare me the idea that you know how it ends.

This past class and this current class UW is beating the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, Alabama, and Oklahoma for recruits. That is what big boy recruiting looks like. No shit? A program led by a nationally-respected coach who's been to two high profile post-season bowls in a row is recruiting well? Who would have thought? Oregon loses head to head with USC during the best of times. He's an unproven coach. They've been shitty. Let a recruiting class see Oregon go 10-3 or 9-4 and see what happens.

I'm not getting vastly overrated anything. Miami doesn't deal in overrated classes.

You guys gave Petersen a lot of time and slack before starting the process of writing him off. At least appear to be somewhat objective. There is not a recruiter in the country who is going to step in at Oregon, of all places, and start beating Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Clemson, etc. for elite recruits on a regular basis. I don't see Scott Frost meeting those standards at Nebraska, and he's at Nebraska. I see a lot of 3 and 4 stars who are being recruited by lower-tier programs or programs coming off a coaching change or in some other kind of turmoil. I don't follow Nebraska, so I stand to be corrected here, but a quick fly by of their list didn't look like it was a giant-killer time, so maybe Frost can't recruit either.

Just face it. You're going to make this argument no matter what happens. If the "right" program offers the kid, it's not a "real" offer. If they don't offer, it's because the kid's overrated, not because he's not OKG, or because he doesn't fill a priority recruiting position, oir because there's another prospect they'd rather have (which, btw, doesn't make the first kid overrated). No. It's always because the kid sucks.

You're not giving examples of shit. What specific players did he pull at Miami and Rutgers that were impressive? Was he just hitting a par because the state of Florida and New Jersey area have talent. Did he beat anybody for TY Hilton or was he a massively underrated hidden gem? Being some young, energetic recruiter as an assistant coach who puts more effort into recruiting than the old heads at those schools because he has to pay his dues and make up for his lack of coaching experience is completely different than being a head coach at a Power 5 program and recruiting against the top programs in the country. You want to anoint him a "great recruiter" before he's proven he can recruit at the big boy level and beat any program with a pulse for recruits.

Now you're backpedaling and trying to say it's too soon to write off Cristobal as a recruiter because he just got the Oregon job and it's not fair to compare him to other coaches who've had more time. Yeah motherfucker that's my point. It's too soon to judge him one way or the other but what he certainly hasn't done is proven himself to be a great recruiter at this level.

It's not bias you idiot it's facts. I can go down their entire fucking commit list and only two guys are guys USC and/or UW want in Funa and Wright. Delgado is UW leftovers. Criddell is UW leftovers. Sean Dollars is UW and USC leftovers. Lance Whilhoite is overrated and doesn't have a committable offer from Tennessee, his hometown school. Poly JUCO lineman is USC leftovers. UW didn't recruit him. Keyon Ware-Hudson is trash. More USC and UW leftovers and UW will get better D-lineman than him this class. Patrick Herbert is a good player but in no way deserves to be rated a 4-star if Devin Culp, Cade Otton, Jacob Kizer, Drew Sample, and Will Dissly were all rated 2 and 3 stars. The rest of their class are a bunch of three stars none of the top programs want. They used to have a 3-star commit that UW and USC want and his name's Cameron Williams and will be flipping to UW in 9 days.

I'm not fucking dooging. I'm just sick and tired of retards quooking about Cristobol being a great recruiter and bringing in more talent than Petersen and it's not remotely fucking true. Sure, he deserves more time to show what he can do but as of right now all the quooking about him as a recruiter is unwarranted. Fucking beat some top programs for recruits and then start quooking.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Of course they are, 4 years of living in a bunch a wheat fields will do it to you.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.
    Dooooooooooooooogie doogie doogie dooooooooooooooooooooooog!

He has a reputation that WAY precedes his time at Oregon. Jesus. It's like the doogs in the PNW are the only people who don't know that Cristobal is a very well regarded recruiter.

And UW is a season removed from a playoff against the game's giant, and a Cotton that they made look respectable. I would hope like hell that Oregon is a tougher recruiting sell right now over UW. And everybody in doogland knows SC wins recruiting battles out west. Oregon is coming out of the ass end of a two-year shit show. That anyone worth a shit is signing with them means either Mario is a good recruiter, or Oregon is a draw. You pick.

And whose opinion am I supposed to go on about their 4stars not being as good as your 4stars? You?

He’s a good recruiter but he is getting the most overrated 4 stars. Criddell, Wright, and Funa are like the only players UW/USC would take.
    Criddell's SPARQ testing was fucking horrible as was Dollars'. Both ran a 4.8 40 laser timed. Everybody dropped them except Oregon.

You're not giving examples of shit. What specific players did he pull at Miami and Rutgers that were impressive? Was he just hitting a par because the state of Florida and New Jersey area have talent. Did he beat anybody for TY Hilton or was he a massively underrated hidden gem? Being some young, energetic recruiter as an assistant coach who puts more effort into recruiting than the old heads at those schools because he has to pay his dues and make up for his lack of coaching experience is completely different than being a head coach at a Power 5 program and recruiting against the top programs in the country. You want to anoint him a "great recruiter" before he's proven he can recruit at the big boy level and beat any program with a pulse for recruits.

Now you're backpedaling and trying to say it's too soon to write off Cristobal as a recruiter because he just got the Oregon job and it's not fair to compare him to other coaches who've had more time. Yeah motherfucker that's my point. It's too soon to judge him one way or the other but what he certainly hasn't done is proven himself to be a great recruiter at this level.

It's not bias you idiot it's facts. I can go down their entire fucking commit list and only two guys are guys USC and/or UW want in Funa and Wright. Delgado is UW leftovers. Criddell is UW leftovers. Sean Dollars is UW and USC leftovers. Lance Whilhoite is overrated and doesn't have a committable offer from Tennessee, his hometown school. Poly JUCO lineman is USC leftovers. UW didn't recruit him. Keyon Ware-Hudson is trash. More USC and UW leftovers and UW will get better D-lineman than him this class. Patrick Herbert is a good player but in no way deserves to be rated a 4-star if Devin Culp, Cade Otton, Jacob Kizer, Drew Sample, and Will Dissly were all rated 2 and 3 stars. The rest of their class are a bunch of three stars none of the top programs want. They used to have a 3-star commit that UW and USC want and his name's Cameron Williams and will be flipping to UW in 9 days.

I'm not fucking dooging. I'm just sick and tired of retards quooking about Cristobol being a great recruiter and bringing in more talent than Petersen and it's not remotely fucking true. Sure, he deserves more time to show what he can do but as of right now all the quooking about him as a recruiter is unwarranted. Fucking beat some top programs for recruits and then start quooking.
    Stopped reading right here. None of us is going back to 1999 and sorting out the "Joe Blow picked Miami over defending national champ so and so." So fuck off with that request. If you don't know the names/players on the Miami roster from about 1999 through 2003, then you don't belong in a debate with me or anyone else about football talent. And when he left to Rutgers, the Miami faithful continually found him to be a pain in the ass pulling talent from Miami's territory to to to FUCKING RUTGERS. Butch Davis knows it. Greg Schiano knows it. Apparently Alabama knew it, because he worked there for four years, and you yourself have pointed out that there's no evidence he's a football genius.

From a post in another thread: if you're so convinced he's not a great or even good recruiter, then why don't you just sit back and enjoy the show? Let's say your tortured rationalizations turned out to be true? What's your upside here in hastening the collective of figuring that out sooner rather than later? Every time they fire a coach, it's another shot at getting it right. Another shot of getting lucky, like Washington did!

Nah. You're nervous af that this guy delivers on that promise and starts bringing in dudes from the real Souf. You're a' scared. I can see it in your eyes.

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.
    Dooooooooooooooogie doogie doogie dooooooooooooooooooooooog!

He has a reputation that WAY precedes his time at Oregon. Jesus. It's like the doogs in the PNW are the only people who don't know that Cristobal is a very well regarded recruiter.

And UW is a season removed from a playoff against the game's giant, and a Cotton that they made look respectable. I would hope like hell that Oregon is a tougher recruiting sell right now over UW. And everybody in doogland knows SC wins recruiting battles out west. Oregon is coming out of the ass end of a two-year shit show. That anyone worth a shit is signing with them means either Mario is a good recruiter, or Oregon is a draw. You pick.

And whose opinion am I supposed to go on about their 4stars not being as good as your 4stars? You?

He’s a good recruiter but he is getting the most overrated 4 stars. Criddell, Wright, and Funa are like the only players UW/USC would take.
    Strongarm? That you? Account switching is hard!
    edited July 2018
    @creepycoug The old "stopped reading after this" shit is a defense mechanism when you have no argument because all you can do is say this coach and that coach say he was a good recruiter as an ASSISTANT coach at schools located in talent rich areas and with the aid of the Bama brand.

I'm not nervous or scared about dick you fucking idiot! Cristobal is a fucking loser and sucks at evaluating talent. I can't fucking wait for him to get exposed and I'm fucking giddy about the years of skullfucking UW is about to do to Oregon. I just get fucking irritated when idiots like you and the quooks on this board who don't know what the fuck they're talking about try to hype this motherfucker up. We're not buying it so you can stop trying. Cristobal will get stomped the fuck out by the better coaches in this conference and will be fired within three years.
    edited July 2018

@creepycoug The old "stopped reading after this" shit is a defense mechanism when you have no argument because all you can do is say this coach and that coach say he was a good recruiter as an ASSISTANT coach at schools located in talent rich areas and with the aid of the Bama brand.

I'm not nervous or scared about dick you fucking idiot! Cristobal is a fucking loser and sucks at evaluating talent. I can't fucking wait for him to get exposed and I'm fucking giddy about the years of skullfucking UW is about to do to Oregon. I just get fucking irritated when idiots like you and the quooks on this board who don't know what the fuck they're talking about try to hype this motherfucker up. We're not buying it so you can stop trying. Cristobal will get stomped the fuck out by the better coaches in this conference and will be fired within three years.

1. No, incorrect. The old "stopped reading after this" indicates that I read no further beyond the stupid af thing I read. In other words, I stopped reading. HtH

2. I've spoon-fed you enuff today. You know what I wrote is true. And it's killing you.

2. You seem to be getting activated. Something getting under your skin?

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out. I'm be here all day.
    @creepycoug Yeah walk away bitch

@creepycoug Yeah walk away bitch

You lose. Sad, really. Really sad.
    Gladstone said:

Pretty sure everyone lost.

Except Crystalballz. He's a great recruiter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!