Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"WSU fans are delusional"

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

ah, makes a ton more sense now.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- Good 'we lost, but we lost well' argument regarding Penn State.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

He's not a top 5 coach. Top 20 maybe. End of story.

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.
    Oregon played a ranked Oregon during practice.

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
    Yeah. You know how I love to suck off the dwags.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
    By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
    Yeah but a good chunk of Washington's wins over Oregon historically have a been over a downtrodden and shit program. I'm sure you don't want to give those back either.That's just the way that works. We are splitting hairs between the words good and great. They had a very nice run. Playing in a couple of title games, winning a few BCS bowls, including two very nice rose bowl wins, I don't know. That ain't bad in my book.
    Yeah and our Owen ‘08 team was wildly underrated. Probably the best Owen squad of all team IMO. Bad is bad. Shit is shit.

When you’re everyone’s bitch, you’re everyone’s bitch.
    Sooooooo, you agree with me?

You are never going to coble together an argument that Oregon wasn't very, very good during the streak over Washington. It's just not there for you, hard though you may try. There are other data points besides Washington in college football. Hate to break it to you. And that was one season.

Good/Great teams historically beat “shit and downtrodden” teams. The names change; the song remains the same. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Yeah. You know how I love to suck off the dwags.
    Sucking them off is preferable to being sodomized.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.
    Dooooooooooooooogie doogie doogie dooooooooooooooooooooooog!

He has a reputation that WAY precedes his time at Oregon. Jesus. It's like the doogs in the PNW are the only people who don't know that Cristobal is a very well regarded recruiter.

And UW is a season removed from a playoff against the game's giant, and a Cotton that they made look respectable. I would hope like hell that Oregon is a tougher recruiting sell right now over UW. And everybody in doogland knows SC wins recruiting battles out west. Oregon is coming out of the ass end of a two-year shit show. That anyone worth a shit is signing with them means either Mario is a good recruiter, or Oregon is a draw. You pick.

And whose opinion am I supposed to go on about their 4stars not being as good as your 4stars? You?

Oh so he's a great recruiter because he got 4 and 5 star offensive lineman to go to Bama? Fucking anybody can do that! It's fucking Bama. And yes, the Oregon brand, uniforms, facilities, and great success when these recruits were all growing up allows Oregon to recruit itself to an extent. That extent being beating UW and USC for recruits which isn't happening.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
    Yeah but a good chunk of Washington's wins over Oregon historically have a been over a downtrodden and shit program. I'm sure you don't want to give those back either.That's just the way that works. We are splitting hairs between the words good and great. They had a very nice run. Playing in a couple of title games, winning a few BCS bowls, including two very nice rose bowl wins, I don't know. That ain't bad in my book.
    Yeah and our Owen ‘08 team was wildly underrated. Probably the best Owen squad of all team IMO. Bad is bad. Shit is shit.

When you’re everyone’s bitch, you’re everyone’s bitch.
    Sooooooo, you agree with me?

You are never going to coble together an argument that Oregon wasn't very, very good during the streak over Washington. It's just not there for you, hard though you may try. There are other data points besides Washington in college football. Hate to break it to you. And that was one season.

Good/Great teams historically beat “shit and downtrodden” teams. The names change; the song remains the same. Hope this helps.
    No, not at all. Now, I have no idea what point you were making at all with the '08 reference.
  • Options

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.

He has a reputation that WAY precedes his time at Oregon. Jesus. It's like the doogs in the PNW are the only people who don't know that Cristobal is a very well regarded recruiter.

And UW is a season removed from a playoff against the game's giant, and a Cotton that they made look respectable. I would hope like hell that Oregon is a tougher recruiting sell right now over UW. And everybody in doogland knows SC wins recruiting battles out west. Oregon is coming out of the ass end of a two-year shit show. That anyone worth a shit is signing with them means either Mario is a good recruiter, or Oregon is a draw. You pick.

And whose opinion am I supposed to go on about their 4stars not being as good as your 4stars? You?

Oh so he's a great recruiter because he got 4 and 5 star offensive lineman to go to Bama? Fucking anybody can do that! It's fucking Bama. And yes, the Oregon brand, uniforms, facilities, and great success when these recruits were all growing up allows Oregon to recruit itself to an extent. That extent being beating UW and USC for recruits which isn't happening.
    Jesus Christ dude. The reputation is there for a reason. By your logic, then, there are no great recruiters at Bama. You still have to recruit. There are other programs kids want to play at. Good recruiters close, and he closed. He's been respected in that regard at every stop, even FIU.

Whether he is a great recruiter at Oregon remains to be seen. But there's little doubt that part of his coaching currency has been based on his noted ability to recruit. I'm not the one saying it. People who know say it. Butch Davis says it. Greg Schiano says it. The guy recruited lights out at Miami and was critical to landing the core of what would be some of the greatest talent assembled in a cfb program from the late 90s before he took off in 2000. Even though we say it all the time here, no program really "recruits itself". You're always competing with somebody, and Miami in those days lost plenty of head to heads with LSU, Florida and FSU because they'd been down. He did the same thing at Rutgers, pulling in more talent than that program had ever seen before. Rutgers was a waste land before Schiano got there, and Cristobal convincing guys to go there was a big reason why. I mean Christ man this is well established shit. Move on.
  • Options

Jesus Christ dude. The reputation is there for a reason. By your logic, then, there are no great recruiters at Bama. You still have to recruit. There are other programs kids want to play at. Good recruiters close, and he closed. He's been respected in that regard at every stop, even FIU.

Whether he is a great recruiter at Oregon remains to be seen. But there's little doubt that part of his coaching currency has been based on his noted ability to recruit. I'm not the one saying it. People who know say it. Butch Davis says it. Greg Schiano says it. The guy recruited lights out at Miami and was critical to landing the core of what would be some of the greatest talent assembled in a cfb program from the late 90s before he took off in 2000. Even though we say it all the time here, no program really "recruits itself". You're always competing with somebody, and Miami in those days lost plenty of head to heads with LSU, Florida and FSU because they'd been down. He did the same thing at Rutgers, pulling in more talent than that program had ever seen before. Rutgers was a waste land before Schiano got there, and Cristobal convincing guys to go there was a big reason why. I mean Christ man this is well established shit. Move on.
    There are no great recruiters at Bama unless they've proven to be great recruiters at lesser programs like Tosh Lupoi. Bama sells itself. Cristobal got demoted at Bama from O-line coach to just Tackles coach. He was not valued by Saban. I don't give a fuck about his reputation at fucking Rutgers or where ever the fuck else, he's not beating UW and USC for recruits. Until he starts winning big boy battles he's not a great recruiter. On top of that I just watched him load up on a bunch of fat, sloppy, slow, and unathletic offensive lineman last class. He got one good one in Sewell. The position group he takes the most pride in and he brought in a bunch of slop. Get off the dude's dick. He hasn't proven to be a great recruiter and damn sure hasn't done shit as a head coach.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

There are no great recruiters at Bama unless they've proven to be great recruiters at lesser programs like Tosh Lupoi. Bama sells itself. Cristobal got demoted at Bama from O-line coach to just Tackles coach. He was not valued by Saban. I don't give a fuck about his reputation at fucking Rutgers or where ever the fuck else, he's not beating UW and USC for recruits. Until he starts winning big boy battles he's not a great recruiter. On top of that I just watched him load up on a bunch of fat, sloppy, slow, and unathletic offensive lineman last class. He got one good one in Sewell. The position group he takes the most pride in and he brought in a bunch of slop. Get off the dude's dick. He hasn't proven to be a great recruiter and damn sure hasn't done shit as a head coach.
    lol, ok. There's a lot of shit I don't want to believe either. I get it. Denial is vastly underrated.

But consider a few things:

It doesn't matter at all what you do and do not care about. What matters is that the guy has a long track record as a very productive recruiter, particularly in the talent-rich states of Florida and Texas. Many other people disagree with your doogie take:
    https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/08/mario-cristobal-oregon-ducks-interim-tag-removed

You don't get to define recruiting success for Oregon ... or anything else for that matter. Nobody knows or cares who you are or what you think. If that guy starts pulling in talent from those areas, nobody who roots for Oregon will care much about winning head to head battles with USC and Washington, because it won't be the narrative. Besides, I already said how he pans out as a recruiter at Oregon remains to be seen. Don't let your doogish enthusiasm get in the way of good reading comprehension.

This act that there's no track record to support the idea that he's anything less than a stellar recruiter is fs and as doogish as doogish gets. It's like Kim or Fetters or Krisvashon talking. Jesus. Talk about creating your own reality: "Hey, even though he just took over a program coming out of a shit show, I'm just going to both ignore and enthusiastically rationalize his current recruiting class and conclude he's "unproven" at best unless he beats out (1) the conference champs and annual recruiting juggernaut and (2) their favorite bitch, in head to head recruiting battles." It's just so fs you should be embarrassed. Yeah, bama is easier than recruiting to Rutgers, but I'm sure Saban would be interested to know he doesn't need recruiters.

TBH, you're pressing.

Jimminy Christmas.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

History says Cristobal can recruit.

History says Cristobal probably can't coach.

I like those odds.

Plus, zero olololllollol connection to 0regon, Pac12 or the region.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I like those odds.

It's true, though it was also true of DJ (ILTCHDJ) who also played at the U and that worked out beautifully. Definitely the exception rather than the rule though.
  • Options

lol, ok. There's a lot of shit I don't want to believe either. I get it. Denial is vastly underrated.

But consider a few things:

It doesn't matter at all what you do and do not care about. What matters is that the guy has a long track record as a very productive recruiter, particularly in the talent-rich states of Florida and Texas. Many other people disagree with your doogie take:
    https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/08/mario-cristobal-oregon-ducks-interim-tag-removed

You don't get to define recruiting success for Oregon ... or anything else for that matter. Nobody knows or cares who you are or what you think. If that guy starts pulling in talent from those areas, nobody who roots for Oregon will care much about winning head to head battles with USC and Washington, because it won't be the narrative. Besides, I already said how he pans out as a recruiter at Oregon remains to be seen. Don't let your doogish enthusiasm get in the way of good reading comprehension.

This act that there's no track record to support the idea that he's anything less than a stellar recruiter is fs and as doogish as doogish gets. It's like Kim or Fetters or Krisvashon talking. Jesus. Talk about creating your own reality: "Hey, even though he just took over a program coming out of a shit show, I'm just going to both ignore and enthusiastically rationalize his current recruiting class and conclude he's "unproven" at best unless he beats out (1) the conference champs and annual recruiting juggernaut and (2) their favorite bitch, in head to head recruiting battles." It's just so fs you should be embarrassed. Yeah, bama is easier than recruiting to Rutgers, but I'm sure Saban would be interested to know he doesn't need recruiters.

TBH, you're pressing.

Jimminy Christmas.
    There is no track record he's a great recruiter period. Show me examples of him recruiting when he wasn't at fucking Alabama and was beating blue blood programs for 4 and 5 star recruits. Who you beat for recruits defines the level of talent you're bringing in and who you are as a recruiter. Cristobal is not beating UW, USC, Texas, Texas A&M, Bama, Notre Dame, or Ohio State. He's from Florida and might get one recruit from Florida who the big three in that state want.

What is fucking irrational is believing recruiting stars done by amateur fan boys who've never even played the game over the talent evaluations of the coaches at the top schools. If your team is getting a bunch of "4-star" recruits to commit but the vast majority of those recruits don't have committable offers from the top teams in the region (UW, USC) then you're not getting elite top 10 talent. You're getting vastly overrated talent and recruiting those guys because a 3-star talent that is rated 4-stars is better than a 3-star talent that is rated 3-stars. A higher class rating means more buzz and excitement for your program and increases the likelihood that you might land some actual 4-star talent that the top schools actually want. That is what Oregon is doing. They're not winning any big boy battles. This past class and this current class UW is beating the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, Alabama, and Oklahoma for recruits. That is what big boy recruiting looks like. If you're a fucking retard all you do is look at star ratings and go "Oh wow Cristobal is a great recruiter" but he hasn't proven that to be the case yet. Let's wait and see if he can win some big boy battles before crowning his ass.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest Eugene. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

You're going to get to see why that matters.
  • Options

dnc said:

I like those odds.

I know. It's usually so important for a corch to be a local or regional guy.

Except that history shows it's not.