Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"WSU fans are delusional"

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

ah, makes a ton more sense now.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- Good 'we lost, but we lost well' argument regarding Penn State.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

He's not a top 5 coach. Top 20 maybe. End of story.
    Name me 6 coaches better than him
    Saban
    Meyer
    Kelley
    Swinney
    Smart
    Malzahn

You want me to name 6 more?
    yup tell me more
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

Saban
    Meyer
    Kelley
    Swinney
    Smart
    Malzahn

yup tell me more
    Fisher
    Harbaugh
    Shaw
    Lincoln Riley
    Dantonio
    Frost
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

59-9 was great. But it wasn’t a terribly strong PAC 12 then, as both of the traditional powers were down. But Oregon did it and you can’t take that away.

You are correct in Pete’s failure to find an upgrade for Mudbutt though. No QB. No next step. I’m hearing 2019 is gonna be a special year for PAC 12 QBs with Herbert being a Sr and Skinny being the next Warren Moon.

He’s the best coach in the PAC 12 and Big 12. We know that. I’d say Franklin and Meyer are better coaches in the B10. Dabo is better in the ACC. I’d also have to rate Kirby Smart along with Saban in the SEC. So worst case is Pete is number 6 imo.
    Oregon played a ranked Oregon during practice.

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Both of the traditional powers? I'm assuming you're sucking off Harry the husky with that statement. Embarrassing. Fuck off you lowly coog. Oregon earned traditional power status in the PAC 12 through its body of work this decade. UW has been unseated. They're little brother until they match that body of work. As for USC, show me what they've done lately that's of any consequence. As much as you dumbfucks pump them up, the reality is that they're just another PAC team with a mediocre coach and a ceiling that's lower than the playoffs until they get their shit together.
    By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
  • Options
    edited July 2018

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

By your standards Oregon is still little brother until it matches UW's overall success. Only idiot Quooks feel different. Your glory days were good not great. Your biggest a complishment was 12 straight wins over a down trodden rival. Be happy you got what you did cause that shit is over. #flexfridayboiiiiiiiiii
    Winning playoff games and title games on the field are the only things that matters now. Look me up when you score in either category and start dooging then.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2018
    salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

I've never agreed with the "traditional powers" bullshit. That's just something that doogs invented to help them find the flexibility necessary to bend over and suck their own cocks. It's made up bullshit. Coming from a fellow Cuog too; I am flabbergasted.

Good is good. It doesn't need to be USC and Washington for the conference to be strong. Off the top of my head,Oregon had to play and beat some good USC and Stanford teams.The easiest thing for everybody to do is to just acknowledge that Oregon had a pretty damn good and extended run of good-to- dominant play, including coming with an eyelash of a major title against Auburn and their once-in-a-lifetime quarterback, and losing to a very good Ohio State team in another. I'll smack talk aside, there's no shame in that. It's a resume that every team in the conference other than USC would kill to trade for.

That said, that run is clearly over. What remains to be seen that will be very chintresting is (1) whether the product of that run somehow fundamentally changed Oregon's ability to build a dominant program and (2) how far Petersen will take Washington, and how long he'll stay trying to do it. I don't necessarily think of a successful Washington as being mutually exclusive with Oregon success, but I think it makes it easier on both programs if the other is down.

Re #1, I tend to think that their run, which also featured a great Heisman winner, has fundamentally changed their program basics and has transformed them into an institution that expects to win and a program that a lot of kids around the country have heard about. When I was growing up, Washington was barely a national name; nobody knew or gave a flying fuck that Oregon even had a team. That has permanently change for them. Like it or not.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Saban
    Meyer
    Kelley
    Swinney
    Smart
    Malzahn

yup tell me more
    Fisher
    Harbaugh
    Shaw
    Lincoln Riley
    Dantonio
    Frost
    OBK: Self claimed Natties matter now.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Yeah but a good chunk of Washington's wins over Oregon historically have a been over a downtrodden and shit program. I'm sure you don't want to give those back either.That's just the way that works. We are splitting hairs between the words good and great. They had a very nice run. Playing in a couple of title games, winning a few BCS bowls, including two very nice rose bowl wins, I don't know. That ain't bad in my book.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Yeah but a good chunk of Washington's wins over Oregon historically have a been over a downtrodden and shit program. I'm sure you don't want to give those back either.That's just the way that works. We are splitting hairs between the words good and great. They had a very nice run. Playing in a couple of title games, winning a few BCS bowls, including two very nice rose bowl wins, I don't know. That ain't bad in my book.
    Yeah and our Owen ‘08 team was wildly underrated. Probably the best Owen squad of all team IMO. Bad is bad. Shit is shit.

When you’re everyone’s bitch, you’re everyone’s bitch.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018
    @oregonblitzkrieg Fuck you bitch. Oregon fans would kill to have Petersen. You're cholesterol clogged heart would give out if Petersen randomly decided he wanted to be the head coach at Oregon you fat fuck. He's top-5 bitch. Nobody is better at developing talent. He has developed more NFL draft picks in his first four years at UW than Saban did in his first four years at Bama. Most of them were 3-star recruits.

People who aren't retards like you realize that there's a major difference in talent between the teams Petersen has had and the teams other elite coaches have had. Petersen is catching up talent wise but isn't there yet. Put any coach in the nation (before they were a household name) at UW in 2013 and they're not doing any better than Petersen has done in his first four seasons. Do the same thing at Boise State and none of them are going 92-12. Recruiting and talent is the difference at the highest level of college football. When Petersen catches up to the other top-5 coaches talent wise he will win multiple national championships and the police will probably find you in your trailer with your brains splattered all over the wall.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

salemcoog said:

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Yeah and our Owen ‘08 team was wildly underrated. Probably the best Owen squad of all team IMO. Bad is bad. Shit is shit.

When you’re everyone’s bitch, you’re everyone’s bitch.
    Sooooooo, you agree with me?

You are never going to coble together an argument that Oregon wasn't very, very good during the streak over Washington. It's just not there for you, hard though you may try. There are other data points besides Washington in college football. Hate to break it to you. And that was one season.
  • Options

@oregonblitzkrieg Fuck you bitch. Oregon fans would kill to have Petersen. You're cholesterol clogged heart would give out if Petersen randomly decided he wanted to be the head coach at Oregon you fat fuck. He's top-5 bitch. Nobody is better at developing talent. He has developed more NFL draft picks in his first four years at UW than Saban did in his first four years at Bama. Most of them were 3-star recruits.

People who aren't retards like you realize that there's a major difference in talent between the teams Petersen has had and the teams other elite coaches have had. Petersen is catching up talent wise but isn't there yet. Put any coach in the nation (before they were a household name) at UW in 2013 and they're not doing any better than Petersen has done in his first four seasons. Do the same thing at Boise State and none of them are going 92-12. Recruiting and talent is the difference at the highest level of college football. When Petersen catches up to the other top-5 coaches talent wise he will win multiple national championships and the police will probably find you in your trailer with your brains splattered all over the wall.

I don't think any clear-thinking person would argue that point. It's almost rhetorical to bring it up. You gotta dance with the one you're with, but most people see Petersen is a good coach. Washington has long become irrelevant when he got here.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I don't think any clear-thinking person would argue that point. It's almost rhetorical to bring it up. You gotta dance with the one you're with, but most people see Petersen is a good coach. Washington has long become irrelevant when he got here.
    You've made some salient poonts in this thread, all quooking aside though, I stand by my statement of taking a risk with Cristobal for 2 years over accepting the known product that is Chris Petersen for 4 years or more. I don't want another guy at the helm starting shitty QB's because he hasn't recruited or developed competent ones. Sure, he was great at Boise State and he made the playoffs at UW, but that team didn't look anywhere near being ready to compete with top tier SEC/ACC teams. His ceiling is the first round of the playoffs IMO, unless they draw a weaker team. Oregon under Kelly almost got it done against Auburn, and Slingblade destroyed ACC blue blood FSU. Cristobal is killing it so far with the recruiting. Hopefully some of the Saban has rubbed off on him too.
  • Options

You've made some salient poonts in this thread, all quooking aside though, I stand by my statement of taking a risk with Cristobal for 2 years over accepting the known product that is Chris Petersen for 4 years or more. Sure, he was great at Boise State and he made the playoffs at UW, but that team didn't look anywhere near being ready to compete with top tier SEC/ACC teams. His ceiling is the first round of the playoffs IMO, unless they draw a weaker team. Oregon under Kelly almost got it done against Auburn, and Slingblade destroyed ACC blue blood FSU. Cristobal is killing it so far with the recruiting. Hopefully some of the Saban has rubbed off on him too.
    That's crazy. Cristo is a better recruiter. If he turns out to be 3/4s the coach Petersen is, then yeah, you'll take him because he brings in players. But we all know this game comes down to coaching. I've seen too many Miami teams with loads of early round draft picks lose to FUCKING VIRGINIA to know how important the HC is in cfb.

With Pete you know you have a guy who's going to coach the ever loving shit out of whomever is on your roster. I say again: Washington was poised to be humiliated in the PSU game. They were running away with that shit, and Petersen basically willed the opening second half drive for a score. That was ALL second half adjustments and play calling and scheming. THAT is what a grown up can do. It's fucking everything. Can't go with you on this one, much as I love to rub a doog the wrong way.
  • Options
    We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top..

Yes it was. Auburn was a fluke play. You were there. It was in your grasp. The fluke play just as well could have went your way.

Stings, huh?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

We had a great coach, but the recruiting wasn't enough to push us over the top. So all the great coaching in the world will only get you so far when your team is based in the Northwest. Now we have a great recruiter, unknown quantity as a coach, he had a shitty record during his first stint, which was why I was against the hire, but he's been taught by Saban since then, so there's that. He's on a short leash.

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

He's not a fucking great recruiter you idiot. He's getting commitments from the most overrated 4-star kids that nobody better than Oregon wants. You have two kids committed right now that UW and/or USC would take. Wright and Funa. Funa is coming off a bad knee injury and most are waiting to see how he recovers before going all in on him. He's reserving a scholarship with Oregon as an insurance policy but if SC goes after him hard in the end they will flip him. Wright is enticed by the "early playing time" at Oregon but he will take other official visits and is a soft verbal. Everybody else on your commit list is UW and USC leftovers. If/when Cristobal starts beating UW and SC head to head for recruits then you can call him a great recruiter. But right now he's not and you have no idea if he can coach his way out of a paper bag against the likes of Chris Petersen, David Shaw, and Chip Kelly.
    Dooooooooooooooogie doogie doogie dooooooooooooooooooooooog!

He has a reputation that WAY precedes his time at Oregon. Jesus. It's like the doogs in the PNW are the only people who don't know that Cristobal is a very well regarded recruiter.

And UW is a season removed from a playoff against the game's giant, and a Cotton that they made look respectable. I would hope like hell that Oregon is a tougher recruiting sell right now over UW. And everybody in doogland knows SC wins recruiting battles out west. Oregon is coming out of the ass end of a two-year shit show. That anyone worth a shit is signing with them means either Mario is a good recruiter, or Oregon is a draw. You pick.

And whose opinion am I supposed to go on about their 4stars not being as good as your 4stars? You?