Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top countries for quality of life (spoiler the US and Venezuela not on it)

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Jesus those Japs are bizarre.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Japan belongs on this list. Maybe it's not the most tolerant society out there, but nearly everyone is skinny, they've got heated toilet seats in public restrooms, and the best assortment of cold drinks on every street corner. You could leave your wallet on the busiest Tokyo street and come back 2 hours later and there's a good chance it would still be there, or someone would turn it in. The streets are some of the cleanest in the world. I saw someone drop a piece of garbage on the sidewalk and someone else walking the other way picked it up and tossed it in the nearest trash bin. They take their hot tubbing seriously too. That shit is good for your health.

Being the most homogenous large nation on Earth does wonders for social cohesion. They have no one to blame but themselves when shit goes wrong.
    But diversity!!

Tangent, new Hardcore History pod on Asian-Pacific War 1937-45
    Splitskin, his WW1 pod was greart. Kind of rudimentary for a WW1 buff, but fantastic for the lay man.
    I’m OG Carlin listener. Heard them all, some twice. And as you know,

He never claims to be a historian out here.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Their guitars and fishing equipment are the best on the planet though. Keep being yourselves Japan.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Their guitars and fishing equipment are the best on the planet though. Keep being yourselves Japan.
    Almost all my Fly Rods were made in WA and all my guitars are from CA. Don't really view Jap Fenders being better than American ones - do you? I guess Shimano makes great reels right?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dividends of not having to worry about other countries stomping a mud hole to your ass. Guess why that may be for most of the countries on this list.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

They're a mystery and always have been, a complicated people, very polite outwardly, but inwardly, they've got the age old kamikaze samurai spirit, it manifests in their art. Not saying that's a bad thing, it can be good if put to the right uses.

Mosster47 said:

Almost all my Fly Rods were made in WA and all my guitars are from CA. Don't really view Jap Fenders being better than American ones - do you? I guess Shimano makes great reels right?
    All Fender guitars are shit. They were designed to be shit and still are to this day. Just because they were first doesn't mean they are good. $1,800 for an Am Standard that was designed to be takes apart and thrown away as it becomes used? Right. The Custom Shop is just there to rob Baby Boomers. Tokai, Momose, ESP/Navigator, Fugigen, etc. are the great Japanese ones. A late 70's/early 80's Tokai LS smokes anything Gibson has put out since 1960.

For reels there is JDM Shimano, Daiwa, and Megabass. There is a tiny amount of Abu still made in Sweden and everything else is Korean and Chinese made shit.

Any rod that is worth picking up today is either a Toray carbon or 3M resin. The bulk of them are Toray, which is a Japanese company. You have Gary's blank company NFC and Lami which are low end outside of the Infinity line. Everything else is Chinese made shit.

No one cares about fly fishing. It's been the least productive method out there for over half a century.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

All Fender guitars are shit. They were designed to be shit and still are to this day. Just because they were first doesn't mean they are good. $1,800 for an Am Standard that was designed to be takes apart and thrown away as it becomes used? Right. The Custom Shop is just there to rob Baby Boomers. Tokai, Momose, ESP/Navigator, Fugigen, etc. are the great Japanese ones. A late 70's/early 80's Tokai LS smokes anything Gibson has put out since 1960.

For reels there is JDM Shimano, Daiwa, and Megabass. There is a tiny amount of Abu still made in Sweden and everything else is Korean and Chinese made shit.

Any rod that is worth picking up today is either a Toray carbon or 3M resin. The bulk of them are Toray, which is a Japanese company. You have Gary's blank company NFC and Lami which are low end outside of the Infinity line. Everything else is Chinese made shit.

No one cares about fly fishing. It's been the least productive method out there for over half a century.
    Sounds like some roaches have shown up in someone’s bunker MRE’s this morning.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Well I'm just a humble, crappy guitar player who needs a little more time to get my leads down. So a shitty American Strat and shitty El Cajon Taylor are good enough for my purposes. Don't really have a dog in this fight since I'm just not good enough.

All my fly rods (mostly Sage and Orvis) were all US made and when I bought them 1993- 01 non of the high end manufacturers were building rods in Japan or China. I don't know if that's changed.

For bass, salmon, steelhead and salt water, gear chucking will always be the most productive. But I grew up in the Rockies and there fly is king and will always be. No gear chucker can ever out catch an expert fly rod guy on a classic trout stream. Lakes are a different animal of course.

Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Well I'm just a humble, crappy guitar player who needs a little more time to get my leads down. So a shitty American Strat and shitty El Cajon Taylor are good enough for my purposes. Don't really have a dog in this fight since I'm just not good enough.

All my fly rods (mostly Sage and Orvis) were all US made and when I bought them 1993- 01 non of the high end manufacturers were building rods in Japan or China. I don't know if that's changed.

For bass, salmon, steelhead and salt water, gear chucking will always be the most productive. But I grew up in the Rockies and there fly is king and will always be. No gear chucker can ever out catch an expert fly rod guy on a classic trout stream. Lakes are a different animal of course.

Take this shit to Pumpy’s Higher Level Board
    Think my shitty little bored will have to adopt the hot fishing takes.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Take this shit to Pumpy’s Higher Level Board
    We'll take the the guitars and watch dick measuring too. Guns are inherently political so gotta stay Tug. The Shoppe is a Gun Free Safe Zone.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm loving the hot watch talk. I'm an Omega whore myself, but I'm close to pulling the trigger on a blue dial milgauss to enter the Rolex club.
    Doogles said:

I'm loving the hot watch talk. I'm an Omega whore myself, but I'm close to pulling the trigger on a blue dial milgauss to enter the Rolex club.

I've got one of all the Swiss brands and I like my Movado the most.

I want to get a Shinola next. Detroit made, probably shit, but they're trying.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I got the Milgauss Z Blue right after it came out. My favorite Rolex ever. Though, the Daytona is a close second. I even like a Daytona in TT. And I usually hate TT. Get the Milgauss. You won't regret it. I can nerd talk watches for hours. Going to rob the old Jiffy Lube I used to work at soon to try to put the scratch together for my first JLC.