Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2018
    Just remember, Mike Leach took the job in Pullman when no one else would even return a call.

If you still are not convinced, I ask you this: where would Washington State be right now had Mike Leach not taken the job? What other head coach did the Cougs have a realistic shot at in 2012 that could resurrect the sunken titanic?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "Leach does not struggle with UW; Leach struggles with Chris Petersen. Frankly, who does not?"

Chris Petersen has defeated the undefeated fans.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bull Moos made about the best hire humanly possible for Pullman.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Its about the education, getting that PhD. in keg stands.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wazzsu is still superior to both Oregon and Oregon State, both in football and in academics.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

ah, makes a ton more sense now.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

speaking of delusional:

Of all active college football coaches, I firmly believe that no more than five (Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and David Shaw) can outcoach Chris Petersen.

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein
    I am a rising sophomore at Washington State University majoring in Journalism & Media Production. Growing up in Spokane, Washington, everyone around me lived and died by the Mariners, so I naturally rooted for Oakland. I write for the Oakland A's and Washington State Football.

Get a life you stupid gaytor fucktard. If Chris Petersen were in the top 5 of national coaches, he wouldn't still be at UW. It's not a destination job.
    Like Texas A & M and Stanford.

Got it.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Athlon disagrees:

4. Chris Petersen, Washington

Washington is a program on the rise with Petersen at the helm. The Huskies are 22-5 over the last two years, including a 12-win season and a trip to the CFB Playoff in 2016. Washington finished 10-3 last year, which gave the program its first back-to-back seasons of double-digit victories since 1990-91. Petersen is 37-17 since taking over in Seattle and has lost only three Pac-12 games over the last two years. Prior to taking over at Washington, Petersen went 92-12 at Boise State from 2006-13. During that span, the Broncos played in two BCS bowls and finished No. 4 nationally in 2009.

Petersen turned down the Texas job when they fired Charlie Strong. Every team in the conference except for maybe Stanford would take him over their current head coach, especially Oregon. I love the constant Petersen hate from quooks though. They love to point back to their glory days when Oregon was winning big games to try to downgrade Petersen yet the coach who led them to those victories would rather be at UCLA than Oregon.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

Wazzsu is still superior to both Oregon and Oregon State, both in football and in academics.

No, it's not. It's one thing to hate. It's another to be a hater.

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- Good 'we lost, but we lost well' argument regarding Penn State.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

He's not a top 5 coach. Top 20 maybe. End of story.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

But he is a top 5 or 10 coach. A lot of programs would love to have him. Second half against PennState is all Petersen. He knows what he's doing. Probably needs a little more tolerance with the non- OKG shit, but the guy can coach. Penn State was dominating Washington and they get blown out by digits of it weren't for Petersen.

Washington was dead and buried and, weak conference or not, makes the playoffs and had a respectable showing against a world beater team. That's not because UW has iron laws or any of that shit that doogs like to believe to make themselves feel good. It's because they landed Petersen. Period.

-- The 2016 team never had to play a ranked Oregon or Stanford at their peak, like UO had to contend with every fucking year during the run.

-- He's going to be starting Brownsocks. A top 5 coach would know by now that Brownsocks is not the right guy for the job.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Name me 6 coaches better than him
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

He cant, because he's a lane CC quook who started watching cfb in 2010

speaking of delusional:

wtf?

About Andrew Baertlein

Saban
    Meyer
    Kelley
    Swinney
    Smart
    Malzahn

You want me to name 6 more?